Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SadariEvenstar

Virgo Snowball Fight

Brian: “Our first morning in Salzburg, I wake up to the sound of something thudding against the window. I look outside, and Lilith is out in the snow throwing snowballs at our door. So, I put on all my snow gear – mittens, hat, boots, overcoat, the whole pile of stuff – as fast as I can, and I go outside and I realize this kid is in her just in her long johns and her mom’s snow boots, standing in the snow laughing. Beth comes out yelling for her to put her snow clothes on and to get out of Beth’s boots because she was getting snow in them. She gets changed, and we run around snowball fighting.

“There’s another story – an inside joke – that if my feet get cold wherever we are, we have to go home. But I’ll save that for another time.”

Lilith: “You can’t tell in the picture, but I’m in my jammies here under my coat and stuff. Me and Unkie had a snowball fight. We tried to build a snowman, but it very much failed. Unkie got me a lot with the snow, but I got him back!”

A scent the color of the sun rising over Lake Fuschl: a joyful lemon ginger cologne with a touch of bay leaf and white tea.

This is so bright and refreshing!  It really feels like watching my girls pelt each other with snowballs and way to fucking early to be up o'clock in the morning.  Bottled youthful energy.  It's going to be fabulous to wear in the summer. 

Honestly, this smelled like a frosty citrus-orange dreamsicle. It was bright, refreshing, and I am pondering ordering a bottle. Good throw, average wear length.

A very airy, bright, sweet lemon scent with ginger and rounded out by bay leaf and tea. The lemon in the scent reminds me of lemon shaved ice, sweetened and very light in potency. Not to imply the scent is foodie in nature. I can just pick out the ginger on its own after it dries, adding to the zest of the lemon more than anything else. The airy and light quality to this scent makes me think more of cold air over a snowy landscape than a snow itself. Unfortunately, while I love the scent, it is very weak on me and sits close to the skin.

a lovely white tea with lemon in the bottle — I love this note of Beth's in a number of other blends.

Goes on as tea, but with cologne overtones, like the tea is being sipped by a gentleman. Someone clearly rubbed the gentleman with some bay leaf, then too much bay leaf which gets very herbal, and then he finishes his tea and it’s just generic gentleman’s cologne.

I thought this would smell like a variation of Kumiho, but instead it's a whole different scent, where the bay leaf is dialed up and sprinkled all over the ginger/lemon/white tea combo. A beautiful aromatic herbal concoction.

Virgo Snowball Fight wasn't something that I initially grabbed a decant of, but I decided to grab a leftover decant when the down date was extended.

It starts off with a lovely lemon note and some white tea with a bit of a bite from the ginger, and it reminds me of an extra lemony Kumiho. But later on, the cologne aspect and the bay leaf become more prominent, and it's definitely more of a cologne scent. I applied this around 7 PM last night, and I could still smell the cologne and bay leaf (albeit faintly) the next morning.

It's not bottle-worthy for me, but I will be hanging on to the decant, as I could see this being really nice on the boy and a great summer scent.