Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ramblingrambler

Où Sont les Jouets S’il Vous Plaît

Lilith’s French teacher is a lovely, kind, radiant human being, and always so generous with her time. Before Lilith left for Paris, she helped Lilith put together a cheat sheet of phrases that Lil knew she’d need for the trip.

Où sont les jouets, s’il vous plaît? French vanilla, strawberries, and raspberries.

Wet, I was a little taken aback. This smelled almost exactly the way I remember pink amoxicillin smelling when I was a child. That lasted all of a minute until it became a delicious Starburst Jelly Bean scent. This was my favorite part of wear, not going to lie!

As it dries, the jelly bean scent wears off until you’re left with a lovely, sweet, fruity vanilla all the way through. It doesn’t have a huge presence, but it is a delightful girly fragrance. This was one of my favorites from the Travelogues!

This smells like strawberry candy - sugary, sweet, and strawberry. It's a little processed strawberry for me (I do prefer the strawberry leaf note) but for those of you that love sugary candy blends, this one is it. Medium throw, average wear length.

I get more raspberry from this than anything else.  It's a nice, cheerful, candy-like, tart, fruity scent.  The French vanilla isn't super noticeable for me.  It's like ripe, smushed raspberries sitting on a little dollop of whipped cream.

I get no raspberries from this. However, what I *am* getting is a light, delightful strawberry candy with a little sugary vanilla cream plopped right on top. It's a super happy scent and very daytime wearable.

At first, I get a mix of raspberry and strawberry. Pretty quickly though, this goes strawberry shampoo on me. Too artificial smelling for my tastes and I wish the raspberry was stronger.

Source: TPP Decant Circle

Imp: Super light and gentle faint strawberry

Skin: Freeze-dried fruit bits. It's close to the skin/not a bold scent, but at the same time really sharp and zippy. Fun.

Drydown (a few hours): I thought this blend would vanish on me (as fruits are want to) - but instead the creamy aspects of this blend brought it into a soft, delicate, beautiful place. After a few hours of wear I have a gentle vanilla cream left behind, with a fruity undertone. Makes it a lovely, deceivingly innocent close-to-skin scent that's kind of intoxicating. Overwhelmingly feminine due to the fruity cream nature.

As a candy-scent lover, I would not put this next to my Candy Phoenix or Bitches ❤️ Unicorns. It doesn't have the staying power, and doesn't compete at all. 

As a Fruit-scent lover I wouldn't put this next to my Crawdad either. The fruit took a candy-center stage on first application, but quickly switched for me.

I'd consider this a vanilla cream-centered blend, that I would wedge somewhere inbetween Lick it Softly and Blueberry Sufganiyot on my shelf. It reminds me most of another brand's Crystalline-blend scents.

Wet: Strawberry fizzy candy! (No idea where the fizz is coming from. Nose drunk?)

Dry: A very soft strawberries and cream scent.

I love strawberry scents, and have many that I love. While I think this one is nice, it's not strong enough for my personal taste. (That being said, I could see a lot of people who enjoy strawberry scents really enjoying this!)

Well, this is the first time I've gotten to experience the dreaded "baby doll head" scent from a BPAL.

This is entirely fakey strawberry scented soft plastic on my skin.

On me, this smells so close to the raspberry pie that my mom used to make from the our raspberry patch that I'm getting kind of weepy over it. It's like raspberry pie with strawberry whipped cream. Wow...just utterly, wow.