Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
joyfulgirl

Mommy’s Little MI6 Agent

Lilith learning the art of spycraft at Deutsches Spionagemuseum.

A pre-teen superspy’s secret identity: white pear, apple pulp, golden musk, and fossilized amber.

this unfortunately went all wrong on me from the beginning.  in the imp, it smelled like a really soft, fruity body spray, which was...ok.  nothing that was blowing me away.  when i put it on though, it turned to pool chlorine - wtf??  i'm going to wait until my period is over to re-test this and see if it was a chemistry thing.  

Green apple morphs to pear, musk, and a whiff of pool cleanser? This is like a cyanide pill in your tooth. It looks like a tooth, but it holds a deadly secrete inside. Low throw, medium wear length.

Ordered : TPP Decant Circle

Sniff: Shango!

Skin: Deep heady fruit.

Dry: Uck gets a sort of funk on me. Amber? Unfortunately a no go. I didn't the ... chlorine/cyanide approach but I definitely got a strange heady fruit-amber funk. Not sure how to better describe that one.

Verdict: Oddball.

Wet: Pear and apple, with some kinda funky "dark" note. Kind of a sweet and sour combo going on here.

Dry: Powdered pear and powdered apple. More sour than sweet, now.

A little disappointed (pear is one of my favorite notes!). Skin fail!

In the imp - Apple and white musk, perfume-y and tart/fruity and unfortunately slightly reminiscent of cleaning products to me.

Freshly applied - Once on my skin the amber comes out and it’s less cleaning product-y and more perfume-y. It's not so much a realistic apple and pear as it is fruit-tinged feminine perfume.  Light and summery, like I hoped it would be from the notes, like a fluffy, sweet cloud around my wrist. Clean in a glade plug-in kind of way but less artificial.  Awful on my hair, though - there,  it keeps the cleaning product edge, similar to zankoku zen and joyfulgirl's pool cleaner description.

Drydown - Sadly, after the first five minutes of so, "glade plug-in" starts to bully "youthful feminine perfume" out of the way, and by the twenty-minute mark, I'm wearing apple-scented swiffer wet wipes. Curse you, skin chemistry.  Those brief few moments of innocent, light-and-fruity summer girliness were so tantalizing.

I was curious about trying this since it is a Winter Travelogue scent, and because I went to the Deutsches Spionagemuseum in Berlin in November of last year. I didn't expect the scent to work on me, since I am not particularly fond of pear, but I was not expecting it be as funky as it turned out to be.

Pear and apple are the notes that immediately jump out, backed by a fossilized amber that becomes more prominent over time, all on a bed of golden musk. It's somewhat perfume-y. But something in here just smells off. I am not sure if it is the combination of these notes, something oudh-like in the fossilized amber, or an unlisted note, but it is very, very funky. Like someone dropped some fruit in an ashtray and tried to wash it off in a pool or something. It's like the fruity amber perfume is supposed to obscure something sinister, and I guess in that respect, it makes sense when thinking about all of that gadgetry that was used to conceal things and can be viewed in that museum.

Definitely not for me, but it was certainly a scent experience. :P 

Edited by doomsday_disco

This is a weird one. My first thought was to look for oudh or civet, because this has a definite funky funk, like someone who hasn't washed their hair in months. Now that I see people mentioning chlorine, it IS kind of like that--a sharp, salty ozone note. But I still smell the funk. Not a good funk.