Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The plant of peace in Norse tradition. If enemies met in the forest and came upon a sprig, they laid down their arms and observed a truce until the next sunrise.

Tried this at a meet and sniff. 2004 version. As a perfume, this is *way* too strong, but it would make an absolutely fabulous winter room scent. This is the essence of a Christmas tree farm in the snow. Edited by Shollin

Very sharp, herbal and green. I really like this scent as a deep and dark December scent.

CHRISTMAS TREES!

A very generous lady sent me an imp of this, and even though that's all I'll ever need, I'm glad to have it. It's the perfect Christmas scent.

A very generous lady sent me an imp of this..

She sent me one, too. And since I was a klutz and let it fall out of the package and roll off to oblivion, I didn't thank her for it :P

I am so glad to have gotten to try Mistletoe: minty, berry, piney with dry wood - so appropriate for the season.

Mistletoe smells like crisp white snow, a little mint, a newly grown spruce tree, and a bit of sugared berries. It is strong at first but after thirty minutes or so, it dries down very nicely into a soft winter breeze.

I love Mistletoe! It is sharp and green, but there is an undercurrant of some spice and berry. I can't wait to wear this one at Christmas, and for now I'll keep it as a little bit of yule in June.

This one is Christmas, rolled up into imp form... Pure Christmas trees, mistletoe, holly berries and snow! It is sharp and green, but sweet and lovely at the same time. Memory provoking. This would be an AMAZING room scent for the holidays, or even sprayed onto a fake tree to add some oomph....

Mmmm, Christmas...

I tested the 2005 version. WOAH is this strong, it's a very clean, strong and green sappy pine, but maybe with a touch of snow. As if you just brough a fresh x-mas tree into the house and it still had a little bit of snow stuck to the branches. beautiful, perfect scent, it's JUST like a fresh sappy x-mas tree.

Christmas tree in a bottle! But I can smell snow and berries too like ^^ who describes it spot on. I love it.. I'm so glad I bought a bottle.

I was reluctant at first because I thought it would be an artifical single-note xmas tree scent and it's not so I'm very happy.

MISTLETOE 2007

WET: Christmas tree!

DRY: This is a strong, almost sharp evergreen pine at first. It has an almost menthol-eucalyptus vapor to it. Never fear, though! As it settles into my skin it starts to turn into more of a fresh, gentle evergreen scent. There is a touch of a cold winter breeze and snow. The longer I have this on, the sweeter and lighter it gets until it fades off.

This blend captures the essence of mistletoe and the holiday season. I think this one is going to make an amazing room scent!

Edited by alicia_stardust

In the bottle: Mistletoe! Crisp, minty green tree smell. Maybe a little woodsier than the last version.

Wet: It smells the same, but there's almost a clean soapiness to it. And definitely a little woody...lovely and complex.

Dry: It doesn't morph further, it's just going strong. Lovely!

Holy CHRISTMAS TREE!

Upon first application, this is pure, strong, Christmas Tree. Christmas in an imp. Sharp, almost too sharp, evergreen pine.

Gorgeous, but not something I personally want to smell like. Perfect as a room scent, I suspect.

But I waited, and 15-20 minutes later, it's mellowed a lot. It gets sweeter and lighter, more like something I'd wear. It's more gentle, prettier, less pungent. I'm starting to overdue it on the pine scent collection, so not sure I'd need a bottle of it. Particularly since it could be rough getting through that first stage - I'd want to make sure to apply 20 minutes before leaving the apartment!

Mistletoe 2007

This is so chilly and brightly green. A beautiful combination. The green doesn't smell like pine needles to me, or even minty as others have mentioned. It's just a sharp, vibrant green. It almost sparkles. Something tangy and a little bittersweet appears after a minute or so...maybe a berry note? It tempers the sharpness of the green.

This really jumps off of my skin. It doesn't morph or fade quickly. I am addicted to cold, green scents so I love it as a perfume. But i do think it would be lovely as a room fragrance too.

Mistletoe 2007-

In Bottle: Whoa, not just pine but pine sap, oozing all over.

Wet: Such intense pine!

Dry: Whoa, this doesn't last as long as I thought it would. It recedes into a light, clean, green soapy scent. It's nice, though.

Overall: Clean, pleasant scent.

2007 version

In bottle/imp: Very green and almost pine-like.

Immediately on skin: This is a very green plant scent. It has a pine or evergreen feel to it. It’s very crisp and sharp and a bit astringent.

After a few minutes: This has faded a lot. The sharpness has gone away quite a bit, but the scent is still very pine-like and crisp and green.

Overall Impressions: I don’t enjoy scents that are sharp and very green, and this one is really no exception. But if you enjoy crisp green

blends, you should try Mistletoe for sure.

This... smells like cat pee on me :D I definitely won't be wearing this as a fragrance, but I think without my skin chemistry messing things up, it will be lovely to fragrance the room with :P

on me, this smells quite a bit like a freshly cut Christmas tree, only slightly sharper and more herbal. there’s a hint of slushy snow. i love how clean and green and crisp this is. it really clears your sinuses and evokes holiday nostalgia at the same time. want a bottle.

On me, Mistletoe '07 is pine, another green plant scent, and a hint of something white and sweet. I absolutely love this and it's perfect as either perfume or a room scent. If you like Yankee Candle's Christmas Wreath, try this.

Mistletoe 2007

Sweet pine trees and a lot of earthy green. On me it's somewhere between pine-sol, and the artificial pine tree air freshener scent.

MISTLETOE 07

In Bottle: Pungent herbal pine

On Skin: I get a very sharp piney herbal note from this, just like fresh cut mistletoe. It smells exactly like the last version of this scent. Very much “Christmas”. It brings to mind all the happiness and décor of the holidays. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my family had just brought home our tree and we were all full of excitement and pulling out the boxes of décor. The entire house smelled like the fir tree. This is another scent I’d love as a room scent, and not one I’d wear as a perfume. I am so impressed by the way Beth’s blends can evoke such great memories and feelings. Strong throw and long wearlength.

Mistletoe 2007

wet: pine, but no "edge" very Christmas, a hint of .. what is that? spice?

On me this smells like a pine. a soft pine, not a sharp pine... but still very much a pine tree scent.

while i did think it would be ideal to scent an artificial Xmas tree without causing migraines or sending my husband's asthma through the roof, it isn't a scent that works on me. this would be a fine room scent for Christmas.

Mistletoe - This is a gorgeous, dark, and heavy green scent with a hint of snow-laden, dark, winter berries. It's quite similar (if not the same as) the last version of Mistletoe, but the earlier version didn't fade on my skin and this one is quite subtle and fades quickly. It's definitely reminiscent of holiday greenery and quite pretty

In the bottle: Soft and green, but with a very faint sharpness in the background. This smells like freshly cut shrubs to me. It's lovely. Based on the reviews I read while I was waiting, I was fearing a blend that was TOO piney, but it really isn't at all to me.

Wet on skin: Oooooh, this is SHARP! Wow... not menthol/eucalyptus sharpness, but heading that way. But it's a really good one. You know, not so long ago I'd NEVER have worn a perfume with these notes, but that was my loss. This is beautiful. Although maybe it would suit more as a room scent rather than a skin one.

Dry: It loses a lot of the sharpness, making it far more sociable, I think. It's still green, undeniably so, but there's something in the background. Somebody mentioned berries, and I think they're right. I must admit, in all my many years I've never actually concentrated on smelling mistletoe, but if it's anything like this scent, even remotely, I might make it a practice to bring some into the house for the season.

This is glorious. I won't need a second bottle of it - and it's definitely a winter scent - but this bottle is most assuredly a keeper and it WILL get used.

In the imp, Mistletoe '07 is green & herbal - very clean.

On my skin, it's definitely a cool scent - refreshing, and definitely green (almost eucalyptus-y, with a brightness that I associate with citrus).

There's almost no morphing with this scent - when it's dry, it stays very true to its earlier phases, but it disappeared within minutes! Before I left the house! I really like it, but I will probably just use the decant I have, and not order a bottle - there are a lot of clean, green scents that I like that are easier to get a hold of.

The best way that I can describe 2007 Mistletoe, is that it's a sweeter, more feminine version of 2007 The Snow Storm- very green and piney, but with a sweet, almost fruity edge. If you like Yankee Candle Mistletoe as much as I do, I think you'll be pleased with this. I may use this in the oil burner well into February- it's a very pleasant, happy smell, strong, but not overwhelming with not a long of morph on the skin.