Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Inspired by the deep purple hues of the night we arrived in Austria: icy air, plum musk, and blackberry with a beam of amber light.

Am I first? This truly is a purple type of scent. The plum musk jumps out first, with the blackberry just adding some extra fruitiness, then mellows into the warmth of the amber as it dries down. Light to medium intensity and throw, so I predict I will be slathering this one! Will be interesting to see how it ages.

I really like that one!

Definitely blackberry and plum with something in the background that reads perfumy. It's not really musk nor Amber so not sure. Might be the " icy" air?

this is just gorgeous - i think this is my plum HG!  juicy and warm and sexy and sweet.  all the things i want in a plum blend.  it could be a softer, more innocent, work-safe cousin of mme moriarty.  strong throw and for me, bottle worthy for sure!

I get piney plum and a whiff of amber on the drydown. The icy air on this one turns to pine on me, but it's got a plum/purple note to it, and that carries through once the pine evaporates and I get more of the amber coming through. Wintery plums, warmed by the sun. Good throw and wear length.

Ordered : TPP Decant Circle

Sniff: Plum and berry!

Skin: Potent! Musky amber. The Plum is mostly spice musk with a hint of purple fruit. Blackberry and icy air adds a really ... sour? element to this. Comes across like those Japanese sour plum candies? Has a bite to it, but still sweet and musky.

Dry: Really sweetens and deepens as it sits. Very lovely. Is a bit heavy on the musky side of amber for me personally, but it's nice.

Wet: Blackberry and plum musk! On the sweeter side, almost candy-like. (... Musky berry candy?)

Dry: Incredibly similar to the wet stage, but a little more musky. So.. very musky blackberry-plum candy.

I actually don't mind the musk overload, but I think I'll be good with just a decant's worth. ;) 

This is one of my favourites out of the Travelogue scents I have tried. 

The purple fruitiness comes on pretty strong but it's not too juicy, more like a softly concentrated syrup that melds with the amber to something soothing - give me a big fluffy blanket and purple knitted socks in a sun warmed spot while I look out over a snowy landscape and this is exactly what this scene would smell like. The Travelogue scents are so brilliant and truly painting a picture in scent. This one is stunning.

This would be a fantastic choice for anyone looking for a truly "purple" smelling scent. Soft, sweet purple fruits with a bit of pine ("icy air"). Amber warms this up. Expansive and optimistic in emotional tone.

Edited by Myrrha

Wet: Tangy fruit, piney snow - one of the fruit notes immediately wants to go all plastic doll heads on me. Not totally, it's wavering back and forth. It's an interesting scent, I like the coolness of it.

Dry: Soft, slightly powdery purple fruits. It's OK, but this one is not awesome on my skin chem.

So, I didn't look at the notes before trying this.  I got plum.  Lots and lots of lovely dark plum.  Gradually I got more and more of what I thought was white musk, which must be how I read the plum musk plus icy air, and a sweeter fruit note, which was obviously blackberry.  I didn't make out any pine or amber.  I think donkehpoo's description is spot-on for my experience:  very musky blackberry-plum candy.  Blackberry nearly always goes to berry candy on my skin, but this is pretty nice.  Good wear length, a must for fans of plum and berry!

goes on reminding me a bit of the shivering boy: evergreen/ozone "ice" and purple fruit.  

as it warms up, the piney cold dials back and i can distinguish the blackberry, sweet and candy-like. the amber starts announcing itself with a lovely warm, velvety perfumey-ness.

and here is where the magic happens.  the icy pine recedes to the very back, just propping everything up with a hint of sharp freshness.  suddenly PLUM.  and i am overjoyed, because it's the same gorgeous, dark, gothy plum from my beloved marshmallow and black plum.  yesssss! here it is, now transformed into a glorious plum musk, the note that really compelled me to track this blend down.  it's everything i hoped it would be.  musky black plum, sweetened by a breath of blackberry and wreathed in an aura of warm, sophisticated amber. honed by a sliver of evergreen.

i'm in love with this, and i'm so so glad that i was finally able to try it.

This is what I wanted Midwinter's Eve to be, even though it doesn't have any florals. If that was way too sweet for you, try this one. The plum and blackberry are bright and candied, but the piney winter breeze and amber keep it from being cloyingly sweet.