Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Brian: “No one else would come out onto the rink. It was just Lilith and me skating, and Beth and Ted were trying to get pictures. I was trying to teach Lilith to skate while dodging penguins and other tourists. There’s a pretty funny photo of Lilith falling and me lunging to catch her, and the funny part is that it’s angled in a way that almost looks like I’m pushing her down. We skated together a ton that night, and she insisted that we go back again the next night.”

Lilith: “I’ve ice skated before when I was littler with a thingy, but this is the first time I really learned how to ice skate. Unkie helped me when I wasn’t using the penguin and he skated me with a lot and helped me learn how to do it. I fell down a lot, but that’s fine.”

Sugared chestnut and powidltascherl.

Wow first one...

That's so good! Sweet powidl. Powidltaschen are sweet sugared pureed plums inside a sweet potato dough, covered in sweet crumbs.

I smell the sweet plums and a doughy scent. But no chestnuts. Still very yummy! 🥰

Sweet plummy goodness is all I get, and to be totally honest with you, it’s all I need. I was looking for something that wasn’t as musky or spicy as Mme Moriarity or Cassiopeia respectively, and this one fits the bill. Major yum factor here.

Honestly, I got something that smells like skyr yogurt, plums in a crust, and a whiff of nutty chestnut. No idea where the yogurt is coming from, but I was pleasantly surprised. Delicious. Good throw and wear length.

I am *also* getting a yogurt note! I think perhaps there's something in the mix that's maybe a little sour? But it's wonderful. As it dries, that aspect dissipates quickly, but a sweet plummy donut is what remains, and I am completely content with such an outcome! After full dry down, a little bit of the chestnut comes through at last and it a nice finish.

This was the riskiest decant of the bunch that I ordered, as I am generally not fond of plum scents. I have never tried Powidltascherl, and sugared chestnuts seemed like an interesting note, since chestnut isn't something that pops up very often, so I decided to give this one a try.

The plummy dessert is the star of the show on me, and I agree that there's something tangy and yogurt-like to it. I was really hoping to get the sugared chestnut note from this, but there is only a hint of it on me, sadly.

I prefer this plummy dessert over a pure plum note, but it's still not something I could see myself reaching for. Glad I was able to try it, though!

Ok guys.  Did anyone else get something very similar to a plum sufganiyot... caaaause.... that's what I got, and I am pretty much in love.  There's definitely a hint of spice in here, with a light, sweet plum, but NOT a candy plum.  Just sugared.  Nut notes seem to work well for me, but I don't really get a strong, nutty vibe from this.  I'm guessing it's just lending the fragrance some warmth.  My mom took one sniff of my decant and ordered a bottle.  I'm considering following suit.  Lovely, and not super foody... but just foody enough to be delicous.  

A little sniffie at the bottle and it's SWEET SWEET PLUMMY JAM like super sweet. And that's the first blast wet on the skin, so much sweet pastry. 

Oh but then, my friends. Then. The chestnut comes out. And I know what it is because, uh, We Believe That Death is Not the End of Man, is that you? I started inhaling that elusive 2018 Lupercalia, wondered why, then realized. The shared note is chestnut. 

Holy cow. This is chestnut. Sweet, snarky, mall-goth chestnut. Why chestnut reminds me of malls, I will never know, but it's a really good scent memory for me. And I amp it, and it's beautiful.

In the end, yes there is some pastry, a smidge of plum jam (and plum is a dynamite note for me, so I'm sure it's playing a supporting role beautifully). But chestnut. Wow. Who knew?