Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A lesser-known work of art in vibrant 21st century polychrome: vanilla cream, coconut, fossilized amber, and white sandalwood.

This is absolutely stunning.  It reminds me a bit of Obatala, but *fancy*.  I wouldn't call this a foodie perfume at all.   It's classy and mature. 

If Le Croix made a cream soda flavor it would smell like this and taste like this but thinned out with your own sweat and cheap sunscreen. 

(it doesn't work with my skin chemistry)

Edited by Biocarbons

Vanilla coconut cream.... which means that this is a hot mess on my skin chemistry. Both the vanilla, coconut, and cream notes can be tricky for me, and this ends in that weird doughy/Barbie sort of place. Great throw and wear length though.

Mostly sandalwood and amber on me. I can detect the coconut, and it's on the creamy side paired with the vanilla cream, in the beginning. But as it wears, the sandalwood and amber dominate pretty quickly. Objectively, it is a pretty, mature, and somewhat understated scent, but I was hoping this would be a coconut scent and it just is not on me.

This is a very pretty woody coconut scent, like a less intense (less creamy, less sweet, less robust/rich) version of Ivory Vulva.  It's not dissimilar to Giljagaur.  

In the bottle: Coconut, cream, a little bit of wood.

Wet on skin: the amber and coconut are doing something extraordinarily beautiful together, balancing each other so that this isn't a foodie scent but still retains both a sweet aspect and definitely recognizable coconut.

Dry down: oh my. oh my oh my oh my. I always wanted to lover Obtala but couldn't do it because water notes of all kinds *despise* me. This is like if you took the coconut from Obatala and mixed it with Glowing Vulva, but replaced the teakwood with this sultry sandalwood. Still with me? If all the words I just wrote make you want this immediately, GET IT IMMEDIATELY. You will NOT be disappointed!

This one didn't catch my eye when I read about it, but I tried it on today at will call in VT (yay!) and it's really lovely. No one particular note stands out to me, though I can kind of find the coconut and the sandalwood in there with the notes in front of me -  it's very harmoniously blended into a sophisticated scent that is subtly sweet without being at all foodie to my nose. 

Vanilla coconut cream and a whiff of sandalwood.

This does remind me a bit of Obatala, which I remember as having a sort of watery coconut meat note... I'm getting something like that here, but a little more sunscreen-like and also more dressed up through the other notes. This smells like the well-groomed summer evening out, when the sun shines late, after the day at the beach.

Ordered : TPP Decant Circle

Imp: Almondy coconut

Skin: It's weird, the cream come across almond to me. It's light and liquidy. It makes me think of coconut milk. This is a VERY similar scent, I've smelled something else exactly like this before. I'm going to get a headache trying to remember.

I cheated and read other reviews - Obatala! That's it. I tried that scent out in my early years of BPAL and already forgotten.

Dry: Reminds me of Telesto a bit as well. It's almost a classic BPAL combo now of watery cream. Scents are often associated with colors (I'm too inconsistent to use it as a sorting tool though) - but this comes across as remarkably "White". Pearl, marbled, cream. 

Something in it gives me a kind of nauseous head-ache thing. And I've felt this way before with almond-esq cream scents like this. WEIRD. It smells lovely though.

(Edit) LATE drydown: late late late it turns into a very very creamy beautiful soft scent.  Vanilla + Sandalwood never fails to cream up and stick around.

Verdict: Liquidated statue essence. Creamy almond coconut.

Edited by Aveya

Wet: Sweet vanilla-coconut cream. (Sweeter than expected!)

Dry: An even sweeter vanilla-coconut cream that the wet stage, with a little sandalwood as well.

I wouldn't call this foodie, but it is a sweet, creamy scent. I can see a lot of people enjoying this!

I promised myself "no more coconut scents!". I lied.

Wet: Wood, sandy beaches, and coconut cookies! This is amazing. Why didn't I get a full bottle? Ugh, I never should have tried to put a limit on my love for coconut. Also, anyone who loves Arcana's Black Sand note may want to give this a whirl.

Dry: This is so gorgeous. Warm woody coconut. Slightly incensey. Sexy. SO GOOD. I ordered more. Because I am such a liar....

In the imp - Sunblock-y coconut splashed over rich vanilla (a foody creme brûlée vanilla like B&BW's Vanilla Bean Noel) 

Freshly applied -  Vanilla bean coconut water sunblock.  Part coconut - a cool coconut that makes me think of swimming pool water and sunblock - and part rich/warm/sweet/musky vanilla.  When it first hits my skin there’s a burst of vanilla, and then the cool, summery sunblock gradually comes out over the course of the first minute.  Great summer scent.  Like the innocent pool visits of my youth.

Drydown - More of the same - cool, watery coconut and warm/sweet/musky VBN-esque vanilla.  I expected the coconut-water element to fade and late drydown to be all vanilla/sandalwood, but the further into the drydown I get, the more prominent the coconut sunblock aspect is.

If you liked Obatala but wanted it to be sweeter (or if the milk note in it didn't work on you), this scent is the answer. Probably one of my top three faves from this collection.

This ended up spicier on me than I anticipated, and unfortunately, more powdery, too. On me, it's spicy powder, imagine white flecked with brown specks much like a coconut itself, but unfort it just is not working with my skin chemistry.

in the beginning i  get vanilla, coconut and white sandalwood. also, there is something in this is cool like the lab's 'marble' or 'porcelain' note that i recall from other bpal scents. i don't get any amber yet. the coconut strengthens as the sandalwood weakens and it's primarily vanilla-coconut after about half an hour. that coolness is still there, which makes an odd mix of cool and warm sweetness due to the vanilla and coconut notes. 

Vanilla & sandalwood, with coconut to ground it. Soft, delicate, warm, very comfortable.

When the notes contain vanilla & sandalwood, & there's a picture of the Littlest Lab Rat TM on the label, it's pretty much a must -buy for me. 

2022 edit: Is there fig in here? I swear there's fig. I love this blend.

Edited by Teamama

I passed over this one when the Winter Travelogue update was live, mainly because so many other scents from that update were calling to me, so this one didn't make the cut. However, I am glad I got to try it later on down the road!

The cool coconut vanilla cream is the star here, but the resins (I get more of the white sandalwood in the background than the fossilized amber) add some class and keep it from being foody. One of the reasons I initially passed over this was because I already have Ivory Vulva in my collection and rarely reach for it, but I think this may actually be better than Ivory Vulva because this one doesn't have any buttery notes.

I'm not a big fan of coconut-centric scents, but I think this is one the best ones from the Lab.