Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PumpkinGuts

Lilith’s First Icicle

The only icicles we get at home happen when we have a fridge malfunction.

Plucked from the walls of Hohensalzburg Fortress: a glassy frozen snowdrop with whipped cream and glacial musk.

This smells like Pink Snowballs, but with snowdrop instead of rose. The musk and whipped cream end up giving it a shaving cream vibe, which is incredibly nostalgic for me. Subtle. I'll stick to wearing this as a bedtime scent since I find it relaxing, but I don't necessarily want to smell like it.

Snowy snowdrops! To me, the snowdrops are delicate and smell almost like an iris, but not quite. It's actually the most prominent aspect to me - the snow and the snowdrops. I don't think there's another BPAL out there that has that. Considering more of this solely based on snowdrops.

The white musk in this one is really soft. It has a velvety soft feeling to it, dryer than other BPAL snow or ice scents I've tried. When it first goes on it is similar to how Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path was some years ago, but much better of course. 

The snowdrop scent comes out as the oil warms. It is kind of between iris and daffodil. it never really jumps out in front of the scent and someone smelling it on you won't think "flowers!"

It remains a quiet, mostly white scent. It seems a scent for introspection and quiet times, gentle, thoughtful, poetic.

This smells very similar to the Wretched Rose Window and Numb on me.  I really, really loved Numb.  That being said, I don't know if I can wear something so... dry powdery floral?  And it may be that a decant is sufficient.  This doesn't smell too 'creamy' for those wondering if the whipped cream goes into foody territory.  

The first thing I get from this is the glassy, frozen snowdrop, with glassy being a very adequate descriptor. It is quickly joined by the powdery, cool, glacial musk. The whipped cream is present, but it is not sweet or even remotely foody. This is so dry that it made my nose feel dry every time I smelled it during the first few hours! :lol:

I kept thinking this was somewhat reminiscent of something, and I think it's the snowdrop note. I believe it's what gives The Serpentine somewhat of a Snow White vibe, and trying this has also made me think that snowdrop is one of the floral notes in Snow White. But this does not feature any of Snow White's sweetness, as there's no sweet, creamy snow note here.

I do think that this is evocative of a glassy icicle in a winter wonderland. I am not sure that I'd wear it -- it's very dry -- but I am glad that I was able to try this!

I definitely get the shaving cream comparison from an earlier review, and yet it's pleasant...

At first, I get glassy snowdrops and slightly soapy vanilla foam. The blend is a little chilly, but I get much more glass than ice. The soapy vanilla foam makes me think of shaving cream and babies... I guess baby powdered-babies. 🙂

As Icicle dries, it turns completely to powder. I don't make baby powder comparisons often, but this one is pretty much the best baby powder on my skin once it dries.

Ordered : TPP Decant Circle

Sniff: Eck. Ozone-floral-perfume-of-death

Skin: SO CLEAN. MUCH WOW.

Dry: Yep just not a scent for me. Clean clean clean.

Verdict : I learned snowdrop smells clean, today. And is not for me.

Powdery jasmine stamen in the bottle and on application. Both those notes are dreadful on my skin. As it dries, I'm definitely seeing the comparison to shaving cream. Off to swaps!

I agree that this snowdrop is somewhere similar to iris, but it doesn't amp powder on me the way other iris scents do!  That said, I do love a soft powdery iris, and i love this snowdrop.

This scent is somewhere between Snow White and Pink Snowballs, but cold.  This doesn't have the warmth of either of those, and in spite of the whipped cream, which adds something delicate and pretty for sure, this isn't sweet or vanilla-y - though I do think it's the same snow note as those two (no coconut/almond vibes others report from Snow White, though).  

I was concerned this would have whatever "frozen"/"misty" note goes straight to soap on me (and is also in the lab's champagne scents), since it's a note that never ages into not being soapy on me, but it doesn't.  Whatever is making this feel glassy and cold isn't that.  

It's not that powdery on me, nor is it especially clean - but glassy feels accurate!  This makes me think of the most perfect, whitest of winter wonderlands.  I really like it - this is the kind of scent I want from Yules basically every year.  I was anxious from some of the reviews that I'd bought this (namely, the Lab's jasmine hates me, and i was scared of the frozen note emerging) but I ended up being very glad I did!

Definitely a cologne vibe here, but I'm rather enjoying it.  It is a 'cold' blend, kind of reminds me of something with lavender in it.  I'm glad to have the decant, but don't need any more.