Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lilith in the Hall of Mirrors: marble and gilded bronze, Venetian mirrors and a drop of poison.

Galerie des Glaces is, like, somebody took all the glass from House of Mirrors and put it all in really over-the-top ornate gilded frames.  i should mention that i adore House of Mirrors (not the HG version, just the perfume oil version).

so,  in the bottle and wet before it really settles into my skin, it is very House of Mirrors~ish, but with something warmer and maybe peach/apricot~ier around the edges. 

but after an hour or so it morphs almost exactly into Casmir but without that Chopard back-note. i also like Casmir and have many variants of it, just FYI.

based on the notes, i think a lot of folks who might really like this might've skipped it so i wanted to post my thoughts even if they're not so much a review as a babbling stream of comparisons.

amber-y (but not powdery), glass, almost ozone but without the high-pitched headacheyness, almost white musk without the detergent-y-ness. 

petrichor in a warm fuzzy sweater, and something peach-ish hovering in there somewhere.

such a pretty poison.

House of Mirrors, is that you? It's got the same glass note as House of Mirrors, with a whiff of musk and amber frames. If you liked HoM, give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.

I can tell that I like it and that there's amber and something sweet and very "perfume-y", then my allergies kick in and my nose stuffs up and I can't pick out specific notes. I don't have problems with amber or ozone, musk or fruit, so it must be whatever the glass note is that my sinuses don't agree with? What a shame.

I bought this out of curiosity and I’m glad I did! It’s one of the rare amber scents that doesn’t turn to powder on me. This scent is primarily amber on my skin, with a whiff of the “glass” note and a sweet musk on the drydown. There’s also a sweetness that I’m assuming is the “poison” note but I can’t pinpoint just what the scent is. 

I know it doesn’t share many notes, but Galerie des Glaces really reminds me

of the perfume my mother wore when I was younger (Dior’s Poison).

I agree with others that this is very  perfume-y, but in the best possible, very expensive perfume way. I smell the amber and maybe some citrus leaning ozone? It’s very well blended. I find it hard to pick out the individual notes. 

For some reason this reminds me of Klimt’s painting of Adele Bloch-Bauer. A beautiful woman gilt in gold. Regal, expensive, beautiful ... and she can have any man she wants.

I will be getting backups. 

This is one of those scents that doesn't really smell "like" anything. It is just itself and won't put a picture in your head of a rose or a circus carnival or a haunted house. It smells like perfume.

It seems aquatic with warmth from the amber. Self possessed but not haughty. EDIT: now that it has settled more the "glass" note isn't as explicitly aquatic. It is a white flower/musk note, fairly high on the scale, could suggest aquatic, mirror, glass. A dab gave me good throw and wear length, dries to floral-tinged amber.

This scent makes me feel emotionally flexible and  in-tune with myself (maybe that is the hall of mirrors?). I bought a bottle of this, still deciding on a backup as it is gorgeous.

Edited by Myrrha

Oh me Oh MY! I'm so happy I didn't miss this. Honestly, there's been a storm of releases. SO MANY perfumes, it's like a giant ocean wave of choices. No way could I EVER find my favorites very easily. So finding this one feels like winning the lottery. I've been maybe stalking reviews for this whole series because I think alot of folks have been thrilled with many of the Travelogue selections, and then purestmaiden mentioned Poison, GRABBYHANDS! I adore Beth's fancy, sparkling perfume creations. 
Like other reviewers have already said, this is extremely well blended. I can't really say there's a singular top note, maybe because even the listed notes are very vague. What is this beauty? I might be getting tuberose, apple blossom or even jasmine here? It is alot like House of Mirrors but i'm also getting The Girl. It is opulent, expensive, and smells like a shining Neiman Marcus perfume counter.
Fragrances like these can be worn up or down, I can see this amping my mood in jeans and a t-shirt but it would also go perfectly with a little black dress and diamonds, like a star filled sky at night. 

Edited by Jenjin

Galerie des Glaces wasn't initially on my radar due to its vague description. But the reviews had me curious, and when the down date was extended, I decided to pick up a leftover decant.

I am glad I did.

This is a sparkling amber scent, accompanied by a cool (but not cold) glassy note (how does Beth make it actually smell glassy?!), and a pale (but not white) musk. I think there might be a smooth, white floral note at play here as well, and perhaps a touch of citrus. It's a very classy, perfume-y sort of perfume, so if you're a fan of when Beth takes something that smells somewhat more accessible or mainstream and puts her own spin on it, you'll want to try this one.

I have tried this three days in a row, and I keep debating a bottle. It's alluring, but I just don't know how often I'd reach for it. I detected it on my skin the next morning, and it seems to be sweeter, while retaining its sparkliness (which I'd put in the same family as Ava). I prefer this to Alleviate the Frenzy, which has been getting more attention and also contains a sparkly amber note, because I like the glassy quality in this more than Frenzy's peach musk. I bet a lot of people would love this if they decided to try it.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I initially didn't get this because I was sure there would be a metal note, which is always pure awful on me. But then the hype made me do it....now I kind of think that I should have trusted my instinct. This is not good on me wet. It's not as awful as most scents with metal are. It's not the metal note I was dreading. But it's still...metallic. There's also something that vaguely reminds me of lily, which is also not good on me. Not off to a great start here. :( 

This dries down to a really faint sweet amber sort of scent. Sadly, it's not special on me the way I hoped it might be, the way it seems to be on others. I will let it age though and see what happens.

This definitely evokes French/Paris for me in the sense that i am instantly reminded of a fine french cologne. More cologne than perfume i would say. Very clean smelling. On the skin it smells much the same but a little warmth from what i would imagine to be amber or possibly musk comes out and keeps this from turning soapy. Vaguely lemony i want to say. This is not much of a morpher on me. After 2+ hours it is still pretty much exactly the same. Despite the good wear length and staying power the throw is not too strong, although tbf i tested only lightly. A nice scent although not overly me. Not sure what i was hoping for with the drop of poison note, this does seem to have been achieved with a slightly sinister smoothness. This would be good in a professional setting imo, to be all calm and sharp and not too in your face.

i definitely smell the 'mirrors' as the strongest note starting out- it's an ozone note with hints of the warmth of the 'bronze' in the background. it smells very fresh and it makes me sneeze a little. it does bring to mind house of mirrors, and though i haven't tried that scent in ages, this one seems colder and more ozone-y if memory serves. there's something here that's soapy and floral. i think it's peony. the warmth in the background is a nice note but i'm not sure what it is. so overall it's an ozone-y soapy floral...not really working for me but still glad to try it as the description was so intriguing.