Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

[No additional description provided.]

Frostbitten Dandelion and Concrete is very interesting. On wet, I get more of the snow, and it actually makes the dandelion note hold on for much longer. After about two hours though, the concrete takes over, and after four, it's a very cologne-like concrete and I would call it a fougere, and definitely in that gender neutral to masculine category.

I'm going to give this to mr. zee_zee to try.

I got a lovely fairy to snag a bottle of this for me. 😊 That being said, I have no idea what to make of this! 😅

Wet, its almost citrusy for me, but also kind of fresh and green. Something about it is very familiar to me, though I can't quite place it, nor even begin to describe it.

I'd say overall, is a pretty neutral scent; slightly fresh and cool, with touches of cologne-y and floral notes.

I did test it cold, fresh out of the mail, and I thought I liked it, but I put some more on a bit later, and now I'm not sure. It turns really heady on me, which is unfortunate. I may test it again later in hopes that it's just my skin today, but so far it is giving me a headache, and making my stomach turn. 😟

I was really hoping that this would be Dandelions and Concrete mixed with Snow White's sweet snow note. Alas, it's the sweet pine-y snow note that's present in this scent (the same one found in this year's Frostbitten Zombi and scents like NYC Snowball Fight and Marshmallow Snow bath oil). It is very strong on the frostbitten component, with some green dandelion and asphalt behind that. Then, the white musk joins in, giving it somewhat of a cologne-like vibe. The piney snow note never goes away, but it does soften after several hours of wear. The scent has a warmer feel to it by that point thanks to the musky ambrette seed that now resides in the background, and a hint of sweetness from the blackcurrant bud (the same one found in Bubbles and Unicorns).

I am glad that I was able to try this, and I am happy to have supported the cause! But I have enough scents with this snow note already, and I prefer the original Dandelions and Concrete because I get more dandelion from it (unlike this, which is mostly about the snow on me), so I don't think it will be staying in my collection.

Edited by doomsday_disco