Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
LiberAmoris

Unwelcome Suggestion

Green almond, orange blossom, white sage, and a sharp slash of eucalyptus.

This post is merely a placeholder for future reviews. Whoever is first to review, please report this post using the report button below, so a mod can merge it with yours. Thanks!

I love orange blossom, and it loves me, so I had to try this.  Right off, the orange blossom, which always smells a bit bitter on me at first.  I do love the lab's almond note, and I wouldn't know it's here, so maybe green almond is a bit different?  This ends up being a spa scent to me, which is fine.  Clear, clean and pretty, and is very close to the skin. I will definitely use the decant, maybe in some hand cream that I'm making.

I get eucalyptus on wet, fringeing the orange blossom and sage. It dries down to a very soft orange blossom with hints of green almond. Clean, pretty, would make a lovely shampoo or lotion. Very high-end. Medium throw, average wear length.

Wet, I get almond and a bit of soft floral. On the drydown, there is a lovely green vegetal note. The overall effect is very soft as it dries. My skin gobbles it up rather quickly though. 

So pretty, and very springtimey. It doesn't have the acrid, bitter note that I usually get with neroli, so the orange blossom is different here. I can see the high-end spa perfume as being a good category. It's soft floral, nothing sharp in here.

I am getting orange blossom backed by some almond, white sage, and a bit of cool eucalyptus. The almond quickly burns off, leaving the scent without any sweetness. The other notes are no match for the orange blossom, which dominates the scent throughout wear, although the sage is more prominent in the background after a few hours. I agree with other reviews about this being a high-end sort of scent.

It's not really my thing, but it was nice to get to try it.

I received a sniffie of this in a recent decant circle, just enough for a skin test, and just enough to confirm that orange blossom and eucalyptus are not my friends.  At first I got almond, and the orange blossom and eucalyptus seemed to balance each other out.  I'd be interested in seeing more of that green almond note because I didn't really get a good feel for it here and it didn't stick around for long.  The eucalyptus did not persist either, and this ended up orange blossom and perfumey white sage on me.  Much too floral for my tastes.  This lasted a really long time as a skin scent.