Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Ritualcravt House Blend

Black patchouli, teakwood, white sandalwood, saffron crocus, tobacco leaf, aconite accord, ambrette seed, musk seed, Dittany of Crete, and yew.

I did not use this for its intended purpose. This is a scent review from decanting this out.

I got mainly patchouli, tobacco, yew, and sandalwood. There is some dark green herbalness on the fringes, but it's mainly a dirty patchouli-tobacco-sandalwood blend on me.

Scent/vibe review, Ritualcravt is definitely a patch- forward blend, but it’s patch surrounded by an old forest, deep and old and dark. Gnarly, yet velvety at the same time. Shadows and dense stillness.There’s something sweetening the patchouli, honey-like, maybe the ambrette seed? I don’t get too strong of tobacco note, which is good because I have a tumultuous relationship with it. 

I love it! 

I feel this blend would be an excellent guide into the shadow work, or in calling forth ancient ancestral knowledge.

Glad I got a decant, and am considering if I should give in to a bottle.... Maybe, after I try Hekate’s Garden and consider if I’ll do enough ritual to warrant the $ splurge. 

Reading the notes, I was expecting an herby patch/tobacco blend with pops of wood. Well, I got sort of the inverse of that. In the bottle: Cool herbs, cool resins, and cool wood--the teakwood note isn't a "hot dry" teakwood but a very cool one; like a newish teakwood bench after a rainstorm. On, wet: The wood and herbs really open up--picture that same teakwood bench in an herb garden after a rainstorm and now sunlight is shining down on the wet wood and herbs. There is a teeny tiny bit of tobacco in the background, but again, more of a fresh unsmoked tobacco, and the patch really is just a supporting cast member here, which is totally unusual for me because I usually amp patch and tobacco like a fiend. Drydown: I am so, so loving the teakwood and cool herbs in this. There's something insanely clean about the whole combo; clean, fresh, shining but not hot, cool. This would make the world's greatest atmo.  If I had to pick a season that this blend represents, I would say mid to late Spring for sure.