Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Atrous

C’est ici l’Empire de la Mort

Our trip to the Catacombs was bittersweet. Lilith was touched by the beauty and poignancy of the experience, but also horrified by the stories of people getting lost underground.

Lilith surrounded by the ghosts of six million Parisians: damp black moss, grey sandalwood chips of bone, and winding sheets of balsam, ambergris, nagarmotha, and frankincense.

This is a dark scent but not as heavy as I thought it would be.  Also, somewhat perfumey?  I wasn't expecting that.

I'm mostly smelling balsam and sandalwood with a bit of animal funk from the ambergris.  Some dark dampness around the edges.  I'm also getting something that smells like old, musty linens.

I love the Lab's balsam so I'm not complaining.  It's a very nice that I can see myself wearing. 

Wispy floral nagarmotha, frankincense, and a whiff of moss and ambergris. This one was a very "white wispy" blend, and it had almost no throw or wear length on me.

I get sandalwood and balsam with a bit of ambergris and moss in the background. I agree with Atrous that it smells extremely “perfumey,” even though the notes read as very masculine. 

It had great throw and wear length on me. Normally, I’m more of a floral scent gal, but I enjoyed this. It’s also the first scent in a couple months that my guy has commented on, and he loved it. I’m thinking I’ll get a bottle since it’s very different from anything else I own.