Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
wendyb1063

Zonked in Paris

Even the most intrepid adventurers get sleepy.

Coffee, coffee, and more coffee for the grownups, and vanilla ice cream to en’sugar the kiddo out from her stupor.

This is great!  Exactly as you might expect based on the description:  sweet coffee and a bit of musky vanilla.  It's kind of like a less musky, more gentle, vanilla-accented Jialong (which I love too).  It reminds a bit of the scent of the Campsite Coffee candle from Bath and Body Works that I have, only better.  

Oh it's soooooo good, even mail fresh from this morning.

Coffee and vanilla ice cream, delicious! Sweet but not cloying due to the coffee brew. Glad I got a bottle!

oh this is lovely.  warm, sweet, rich and creamy coffee.  unfortunately, it doesn't last very long on me.  a few hours later and i only smell a vague sweetness where i applied it.  it's shark week for me, so maybe hormones burned it off?   i'll try it again in a week or two, because the first hour is amaaaazing!

So far, this is my fave Lilith. The coffee in this is killer. This is coffee and sugared cream, and I flipping love it. Definitely a must buy for me.

Coffee and musky vanilla. I do not get vanilla ice cream at all. The vanilla is so musky, it almost smells like cashmere on me. As the scent wears, the vanilla becomes sweeter. Coffee dominates the scent throughout.

COFFEE!!! Also, vanilla ice-cream. This is a wonderful, well-balanced treat. The coffee note, to my nose, even has a sub-layer of chicory, which is often in French coffee. It might be a mind-trick on my part, but it certainly *smells* that way to me, and I'm totally delighted by the outcome of this tasty little scent!

Ordered : TPP Decant Circle

Imp: Espresso and sugar. Omg I didn't have coffee today, I want this now.

Skin: Have you ever had those coffee hard candies? Like, coffee and cream sugar. smells like those. Very sweet (for a coffee) and very strong. 

Dry: It's almost patcholi-esq. Like a patchouli incense backing on drydown. I'm fascinated by this so I came to read other reviews? Other's are saying cashmere, musk, or chicory. Very interesting! It's most certainly musky, warm, comforting. It reminds me of my favorite part of deep patchouli's but without the dirt. I LOVE this. The sweet sugar coffee from earlier is just 100% gone. But what's left is like remnant coffee grinds and sweat with cream. Sounds gross but it's amazing.

Verdict: Love it. Sexy barista after a long shift.

Shelf Location: Would put right next to tar, tobacco, patchouli, dark musk, and black vanilla blends.

In the decant, this smells like strong, bitter coffee, with a bit of vanilla ice cream in the background. I could see it having something like chicory in it, as VioletChaos mentioned, as it made me think of the coffee in Morning in New Orleans (which I ended up giving to my brother).

On my skin, there's a blast of coffee at first, but the vanilla ice cream quickly joins in and helps to sweeten and soften it. The vanilla ice cream note becomes more prominent with wear, sweetening this dark coffee scent even more. It smells wonderful!

This is yet another win from the Winter Travelogue collection, which has sent my wallet into hiding. The decant is definitely a keeper, and it's a contender for a bottle purchase, although it might not make the cut since this collection has so many scents calling to me, and I might only allow myself to upgrade one foodie scent to a bottle (which would probably be Weihnachtsmärkte). I'll have to wear this one on its own before it departs and make a decision. It's such a lovely vanilla-ed coffee scent, though. :D

Edited by doomsday_disco

Delightfully bitter fresh coffee in the bottle, with just a… breath of sweetness. Goes on as pure coffee, leaning towards the Turkish kind from Café Mille et un Nuits. Some vanilla starts to come in as it dries. It’s definitely vanilla ice cream and not just vanilla. The coffee starts to recede to dregs, and sadly this is the vanilla note which goes to plastic on my skin. It finishes as bitter brown coffee dregs outside Yankee Candle on their Vanillabration Day. Dammit, I so wanted this to work. :(

This is a beautiful and realistic coffee on me, with a strong vanilla background.  Certainly one of the more lip-smacking coffee perfumes I have met. It only lasts about 30 minutes on my skin, but reapplying is never an issue!

Mm, delishus restaurant coffee and vanilla ice cream. A little musk blending in.

I get a hint of nutty chicory in the coffee, like in some other reviews. It's not a heavy chicory like I once smelled in a coffee, but a light and toasty touch.

I'm down under half on my Jiaolong and was looking for a similar-but-different replacement. One with less overt black musk. Found it. ❤️

YUM!!!!!!!!! if you like Jiaolong (one of my top 5s of all time,) you'll love this!!!!!!!! Melted vanilla bean ice cream swirled into thick black coffee. Yes, the coffee has a subtle but noticeable spicy note to it that the the coffee in Jiaolong does not. It's also less heavy and masculine than Jiaolong. Perfect throw and good wear time - I put this on before a long day of running errands and it lasted for about 6 hours. I might need a backup bottle of this

I get the coffee hard candy scent, light and wearable with a musky aspect to it. What if whatever we ate was exuded from our pores and  we smelled like that? And if I drank sweetened coffee and ate ice cream but was still a human with musky skin I would smell exactly like this.  

The vanilla isn't great on my skin and this isn't a scent I would want to wear often so I will probably pass the decant along. I'm so glad I got to try it though, very fun scent.

Edited by Myrrha

"Zonked in Paris" is not really what I want to tell people I'm wearing as perfume.  Nevertheless, I suspect I will have to because I expect to get compliments on this at some point.  It's really good.  Rich sweet dark coffee is almost all I smell in the imp, and the creamy vanilla emerges on my skin.  Jiaolong did not work for me -- I got musky root beer instead of coffee -- but Zonked reminds me of the Guatemalan Coffee Bean SN and stays a much truer coffee note on my skin.  I get a little throw and good wear length, though the balance tilts towards the vanilla the longer it's on.  Delicious!

I love this. It's a blast of strong creamy coffee - almost tiramisu-like - upon application. As it dries and fades, the vanilla ice cream notes become more pronounced and ultimately I end up with a tasty mix of both on my skin. So good. 

Coffee up front, with the slightest hint of sweetness and creaminess. It’s a very true coffee scent, but not as dark or toasty or rich as I would like it be—there’s a flatness to it that makes me think of coffee that’s been sitting for a while, like the cup you leave two or three sips in just to justify your seat in the coffee shop. The sweetness and vanilla grows more pronounced as it dries down, but it consistently stays smelling like a cup of coffee; it’s just getting closer to the bottom of your vanilla latte and realizing you’re getting to all the vanilla syrup that sunk to the bottom. Very pleasant, makes me weirdly nostalgic for marathon study sessions, but I’m not too bummed that I didn’t snag a bottle for myself.

Coffee overload! Starts dark and strong, but then the vanilla sweetens it up a bit and makes it resemble a latte or frapp. Eventually the coffee fades a lot and I'm left with the sticky sweet melty vanilla ice cream. 

This is a lovely vanilla, so I recommend it for that! But while it starts out like a nice dark roast, it doesn't stay that way for long if your skin chemistry is anything like mine. It smells so good I'm tempted to taste it, although I know it'll be terrible. 

Perfect authentic sweet, fresh strong coffee. 

This is a perfect coffee scent! The coffee is smooth, not burnt or bitter. The vanilla ice cream is just there to soften it; it's not cloyingly sweet or artificial at all. Truly perfect.

strong bitter coffee to start, that softens and sweetens as it settles in. the final product is a sweet, soft vanilla coffee; exactly what it advertises to be. i love coffee and vanilla, so this is undeniably nice. but also a little one-dimensional, leaving me craving for a bit more complexity.