Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A little known fact about me is that I love chess and have played it all my life. Here, Lilith and I were discussing a move that one of the players made and we both agree that it was a mistake. This photo was taken in Salzburg at the Kapitelplatz in the shadow of the Festung Hohensalzburg.

While Beth was taking this photo, a huge mound of snow fell on her head. It was the best laugh of the day. Lilith was rolling.

Snow-covered Snake Oil and huge wooden chess pieces.

Smutty, snowy wood. Yup, I said it. You get the Snake Oil, and its smeared over the wood, and this is a sexier blend than I expected it. Because snake oil. And wood. This could be a Shunga, and you know what I mean when I say that.

Woody snake oil. For what ails you. ;)

I went for a decant of this one because I have so many Snake Oil variants in my collection already, and I am iffy about wood notes.

The fresh, musky Snake Oil and wood take the center stage, with the snow becoming more prominent with wear, but it's heavier on the Snake Oil than the snow on me, unlike Frostbitten Snake Oil, which is heavy on the Snow White snow on my skin. Although I wasn't sure about the wood note, it's actually really nice here; if you're worried about pencil shavings or polished furniture, you need not worry. After several hours of wear, I get the warm wood and snow on a bed of Snake Oil musk and spices.

I am pleasantly surprised by the combination of the wood and Snake Oil, but I am trying to be more selective about bottle upgrades and am not sure I need a bottle of this Snake Oil variant in my collection. I do like it, though, and plan on hanging on to my decant. I'll probably retest it before it goes away just to be sure about whether or not I need more of it in my life.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I originally got this for me, but I’m giving it to my partner instead. On me, this is much more masculine—predominantly snow and wood—and smells like I made out with a hot guy for a few hours/got his cologne all over me. I guess it smells similar on my partner, but HE is the hot dude I need to make out with/whose cologne I need to have rub off on me :). The wood note here is not pencil shavings, just a way to ground the snow note and keep it from outperforming the Snake Oil (which is there as a hint behind everything else on me). I’ll keep my decant and wear it to bed when I’m traveling, but my partner gets to keep the bottle that I bought because I couldn’t wait for my decant to get to me. :)

ETA: this does not smell the same as the snow note from the Frostbitten series/Snow White to my nose. I’m not sure what it is, actually! 

Edited by ramblingrambler

This is a lovely Snake Oil and wood scent. That's all I got. The snow note is subtle and just adds to the beauty of the scent. Bottleworthy.

I could not resist this! I love snow, and wood, and Snake Oil. Hoping the three combined are amazing.

Wet: This reminds me a bit of Snake Can, it's salty somehow! Like Pirate Snake Oil - salty wood! It's fantastic. Instant love. I don't get the snow note though.

Dry: Dry this is no longer salty. The wood has faded a bit, and a slightly aquatic snow note has come out. It goes wonderfully with the Snake Oil. I really love this. It's amazing to me that Beth and Puddin can still come up with unique Snake Oil blends!

I tend to love most Snake Oil variants, so I had to at least try it!  Right off, masculine wood and Snake Oil, I love it at this stage, but it is too masculine for me to wear, so I pass it off to my husband.  After a bit, it turns to powder, which I've experienced before with wood blends from bpal.  This is not a bad thing, as I like powder, which I'm guessing certain woods seem to do to me.  It's reminiscent of Twisted Oak Tree, actually at this point.  Further on, less powder, and a touch of sweet Snake Oil.  This is interesting, but I can probably get the same effect from layering TOT and Snake Oil.  The imp will suffice, but it's definitely a win.

Edited by milo

I'm very fond of Frostbitten Snake Oil, and I generally love wood notes, so Kapitelplatz Chess Match seemed like a no-brainer.  And it's really nice -- a woody snake oil with a touch of sweet snow note.  I don't find it too masculine at all, but I wear a lot of unisex scents.  However, unusually for a SO blend, it's very faint on me.  I get no throw and no staying power from this at all.  That may improve with age, as SO always does.  

So, I unexpectedly have a weird memory association with this. This reminds me of all of the smells when my grandmother would get ready for church on Sunday mornings. It's like a mix of her perfume, the smell of her cosmetics, hairspray, fresh shower, and clean-clothes smell. Mixed with the wood paneling inside her house? Super unexpected, yet surprisingly lovely. On me, this is definitely feminine. I would recommend it for Snake Oil lovers, but only if you like wood, as well.