Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Carrying Lilith on my shoulders has become an inside joke for us. She will say “Carry me!”, and I will say “Boy, are you lazy!” – and her response is always, “It’s your fault because you carry me all the time.”

I have carried her on my shoulders through Atlanta, Chicago, New Orleans, Portland, Seattle, New York, DC, Baltimore, San Francisco, San Diego, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Yosemite, Mammoth, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Salzburg, Frankfurt, Mexico City, Havana… I have carried her for her whole life, and I will carry her for as long as I am able.

When my shoulders cannot carry her anymore, my heart still will.

Vanilla cookies and a splash of lavender fougere.

So, I chose Carry Me to be my 5000th BPAL unique BPAL I've tried. And I think its the appropriate choice.

Carry Me is a soft lavender musk with a hint of vanilla. It's soft, sweet, and nostalgic. It's clearly meant to be a comforting scent, and a loving one. 

Medium throw and wear length.

In the bottle and on the dry down, I thought this was really similar to Lavender Sugar Cookie by Epically Epic. But, once dry, the lavender starts to dominate over the sugary, cookie scent, and I start to be able to smell the vanilla. Overall, it's a warm, baked goods, sweet vanilla cookie, foodie blend, while still being very much a lavender scent at the same time.

This is really lovely. It’s a soft, warm lavender added to a gentle vanilla sugar. Not overtly herbaceous and also not identifiably foodie, it could be boring in its simplicity but it isn’t. It’s comfy, it’s comforting, it’s gorgeous.

This was the scent I was looking forward to the most from the Yuletide with Lilith update, and it did not disappoint.

In the bottle, it smells like Dorian's lavender fougere and vanilla frosting.

On me, it's an amazing lavender and vanilla scent, and the vanilla cookie note reminds me of the one in Sugar Cookie hair gloss minus the sprinkles. I swear I get the same vanilla, coconut-y vibe from this. The lavender fougere becomes fainter over time, leaving the vanilla sugar cookie note to stand out more, which does have a light, warm cookie vibe to it and is no longer like the frosting of Sugar Cookie hair gloss. Even though the lavender is fainter after a few hours, it hasn't disappeared.

If you're a fan of scents like The Serpentine and Daybreak, you need this in your life.

I adore this, and I am not sure one bottle will be enough.

I am not a lavender fan, but this one intrigued me enough to buy a decant.

Although lemon isn’t noted, this smells exactly like a cup of Tazo’s Glazed Lemon Loaf Dessert Tea on skin, likely because the lavender here is herbaceous and akin to chamomile in the tea... but I’m still not sure where the lemon is coming from. That’s okay though! I drink a cup of this tea every day at work since they provide it for free, and I love the heck out of it :).

This perfume is herbal deliciousness with a tinge is vanilla sugar cookies. If you don’t have it and really need to know what it smells like, brew some of this tea and then settle down to buy the perfume because you’ll want it after sipping 😅.

Wet: Mmm. As promised - sugar cookies and lavender. It's delicious and soothing. I got this as a bedtime scent, and it will be perfect for that if it stays true as it dries. I sure do want a cookie now...

Dry: Dries to stronger lavender than cookies. Still sweet and lovely. It's pretty much perfect for me, in terms of bedtime smells. Soft, sweet, very soothing and relaxing. Going to slather more on for bed tonight!

Carry Me is lovely.  With lavender scents I usually get a strong initial blast of lavender which fades all too quickly.  I think because this is a lavender fougere, the lavender is not as strong as usual initially, but it is steadier and longer lasting.  Like ramblingrambler, I also got a hint of lemon, but I like to grate a little lemon peel into sugar cookie batter, so that's what it made me think of.  Sweet, gentle lavender and sugary vanilla, for a night or day comfort boost. 

I love the lavender fougere here, but the cookie note smells fake to me.  It is a fast fader, too, so not worthy of an upgrade

For the first 40ish minutes this smells almost exactly like the ambergris+lavender combo for The Air And The Ether, but once it dries down it's vaguely foody vanilla, the faintest hint of musky lavender, and brown herbs from the fougere.

I was hoping for this to be some kind of Dorian + Villain dream, but that's not what I get at all. I already have something that smells almost exactly like it that's a lot better.

Edited by monocainsheresy

The lavender fougere is pretty herbal and hit me so hard in the face. The vanilla cookie notes emerge later, but they just seem to clash with the sharp lavender and over time it reads as lavender shampoo. I guess the lavender variety used in this blend is not suited for my skin. 

Edited by theredkilt