Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ramblingrambler

Crêpe Aux Fraises

Lilith’s first genuine Parisian crêpe!

Strawberries, whipped cream, confectioners sugar, vanilla bean, and orange zest.

I’m a little underwhelmed by this one. Perhaps aging will do it some good. All I get is Eat The Strawberries from in bottle to wet to extreme dry-down. It wouldn’t be too terrible if I didn’t already have multiple backups of that particular bottle, so here’s hoping this changes rapidly into something more complex. The notes sound like it will become something amazing, but it has rested for close to two weeks and still only Strawberries!

Strawberries, cream, and vanilla sugar. For me, the strawberry almost has a raspberry note to it. It's the same strawberry note as in Strawberry Gingerbread but with cream and vanilla sugar instead of spice. Low throw and wear length.

YUMMY! I get vanilla bean, strawberries and a dollop of cream in the bottle, and the bit of orange rind starts to peek in just as the oil warms on my skin. The confectioner's sugar is definitely in the mix but thankfully not amping the way Lab sugars sometimes do on my skin. By dry-down this is a glorious foodie experience of vanilla bean whipped cream with strawberries and a bit of orange. so like a strawberry infused Crêpe Suzette!

J'taime Crêpe Aux Fraises!

Wet: Strawberries and cream, with orange zest. YUM.

Dry: I'm getting more orange zest than strawberries on the dry-down. The cream note is still there and hasn't gone funky, thankfully. I wish the sweetness from the wet stage was still present; the scent is definitely more of a mellow version of the wet stage.

Powdered sugar over strawberries, raspberries, orange zest, and a goop of whipped vanilla cream.

I thought there must be raspberries in the listed notes, because I'm smelling them, blending into the strawberries... but maybe that was another perfume's notes list. This strawberry-raspberry note is super fruity and girly.

The orange manages to smell like the zest, not the juice. It smells drier than juice. It's a nice touch!

I'm not sure if it's the suggestibility, but I keep smelling a little suggestion of vanilla crepe as a last lingerer in my nose when I inhale this.

This might be a tad girly for me to bottle, but I can tell I'll really enjoy the decant. I don't usually go for gourmand, but this struck a chord.

Ordered : TPP Decant circle

Imp: Strawberry Jelly

Skin: Fantastic. Sweet, fruity, creamy, zippy. It's exactly as advertised. In contrast to Où Sont les Jouets S’il Vous Plaît, this is bold and that orange zest addition just makes it incredible and something special.

Dry: This one veers a bit soap-like for me, and then billows away into the ether. Just kind of a dud for me.

Verdict: BEAUTIFUL scent that was short lived.

I put a little of this on my collar and I was immediately transported to a glorious strawberry vanilla cream cloud! This is much better when it's not directly on my skin. It's not the artificial strawberry that is so prevalent these days - I think the orange zest helps.

Okay, although none of the notes indicate "crepes" (flour, milk, egg) I was hoping for a little more "crepes" instead of just "fraise". Still, very nice strawberry scent.

I need to learn that the lab's strawberry note just does not work on me, or maybe the strawberry scent in general.  A tween scent for sure, waxy strawberry of the fake variety, very fruity.  After a couple of hours, it smells like strawberry fruit leather, which is an improvement, but still not my jam.  :)  FWIW, I don't get any kind of crepe scent here.

I did not grab a decant of this before, due to the strawberry and wanting to try so many other scents from this update. But when the down date was extended, I decided to pick up a leftover decant and try it.

This starts off as a ripe strawberry (like the kind you'd want for strawberry shortcake, or strawberries about to be made into strawberry compote) and orange zest scent that smells really delicious, with a bit of cream behind those notes. I love the orange zest, but I never got any actual crepe note. Sadly, my skin ended up turning the strawberry into strawberry plastic, but the scent in the vial itself is good, so if you have a good track record with strawberry, you may want to try this. :)

No bottle for me, but maybe I'll try my decant in a scent locket!

Edited by doomsday_disco