Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sir, — After sitting for a short time in darkness, we heard raps on the table and on our chairs, after which the whole room vibrated powerfully. The medium, Mr. Herne, was entranced, but was unable to speak. Mr. Kent then described a female spirit as standing behind Mrs. Berry, with arms extended over her head. Mr. Kent took a concertina from the table, and after playing a few airs, Mrs. Berry requested our invisible friends to whistle an accompaniment, which they immediately did through Mr. Kent I the most magnificent manner I ever heard. Every air which was asked for was at once played, and cadences and shakes were whistled in the most finished style. “Home, sweet home!” was the last air played, and a lovely accompaniment like the singing of birds was given by the invisibles. This terminated a most interesting séance.

– M. Pearson, 5 July 1870

The tittering whistles of phantasms: rosewood and rose geranium prickled with pink peppercorn, cardamom, white sandalwood, and frankincense.

Cadences and Shakes goes on my skin as a pink-peppered rose geranium on white sandalwood. I find a touch of rosewood when I hunt for it.

The rose geranium smells similar to the one in The Fox Sisters. The pink pepper is fun and quirky with it; the pepper and sandalwood give spice and texture to the geranium.

In drydown, I start to catch a mild frankincense. It reminds me of the soft frank in Season of Ghosts.

I'm not yet sure what I think of this one. I feel like it needs a bit of time to come together more -- it hasn't been here long. I'm interested in how it ages, because I think it might mesh and fill out nicely.

Soft pink roses, white sandalwood, and a whiff of both rose geranium, and frankincense. This is a nice, old, timey sort of floral blend. The pink pepper prevents this from sinking into the too floral, the too rosey, or the too old timey. Medium throw and wear length.

I should say that I love rose geranium so this blend immediately called to me.

I have several blends that are in the same family as this one (Delirium, Fox Sisters, Mrs. Lewis, and Spooky Action at a Distance most come to mind), but this one is jumping to the top of the list. It’s rosy but more complex with the rosewood and rose geranium staring the show and the light woody resins grounding everything.

It stays pretty well but I wish it had more throw. I have to get my nose close to smell it.

Verdict: this is firmly in my wheelhouse.