Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Psst! – let’s talk about mom. Lilith and I talking about Beth behind her back (in front of her face!) in a café in Berlin.

Coffee beans, leather, honey, and warm winter cookies.

Hello coffee! In this one, I would definitely say that coffee is the star. It has a tinge of sweetness to it, and a touch of honey. But overall, I am amping up the coffee in this.

This one is the coffee blend for me.

This is really nice. The coffee blast on application is strong, but it mellows almost immediately on me to a gorgeous honey note with some slight sweetness that I assume is the cookies. The coffee also remains throughout. Thumbs-up.

Editing to add: I'm trying this again a few weeks after my initial review and I like it even more. The blend has mellowed and there's a note of pipe tobacco that I didn't pick up on the first time around. It's like if coffee liquer was a very high-end perfume being worn while in a tobacco shop. I love it and this will officially be a full bottle purchase.

Edited by frizzlechicken

I tried Schere, Stein, Papier! on one wrist and this one on the other. And while they share similar notes (coffee beans, leather, and honey), they are different enough to warrant trying both. Secrets starts off stronger on the coffee, leather, and honey, and the honey in this is thicker, since it's a straight up honey note and not a honey liqueur. The warm cookies start off playing a background role, but they become more prominent over time, making this a coffee bean, honey, and cookie scent after several hours of wear, with some leather behind the warm, sweet notes. It's more gourmand than Schere, Stein, Papier! with its tobacco note. If you're trying to decide between the two scents and are hoping for more coffee, this is the one for you. I think I prefer this one with its cookie note.

I like it, but I don't love it, so it's not a bottle purchase for me. I'm glad I decided to try it, though!

I am not a coffee fan (drink or smell), and I'm not a bit fan of foodie scents, but I am a huge fan of leather scents so I was really hoping the leather would win out, but I popped open the imp and was greeted immediately by coffee. Honestly, I've smelled better coffee, but it's definitely coffee. Bitter coffee.

On my skin, it's coffee first. And then. Cookies. Sugar cookies...maybe lemon cookies. Very sweet. Cookies overtake coffee. There might possibly be some leather in there, but if so it's a soft suede-like leather.

It's been years since a scent captured my heart so deeply that I find myself wearing the same scent over and over again everyday.  I just have to catch a whiff of leftover Secrets on my jacket sleeve and it's caught me up again and I feel compelled to slather this all over me.  Even my best friend rolled her eyes in the back of her head when she sniffed the decant.  The question I asked wasn't "Should I get this?" but became rather "How many bottles do you think is going to be enough?" 

I've fallen hard for Beth's coffee note.  I'm starting to collect all the coffee scents.  But this one takes the cake for me.  I can't normally do honey scents at all, and this one is on the sweet side of gourmand (almost foody), but dammit it's yummy coffee berries fuzzy suede and sugar cookies.  And I want to eat my arm everyday.

The only scent I can think of with the same feel on me is (Not So) Penitent (Mini) Magdalene (which failed me in the end because beeswax is no go- but this honey is total win).  Don't miss out on this before it leaves - you might regret it.

Edited by rawgirl75

My skin does not like this. Great in the bottle, on my skin, very very dry woody smell. I think it is the tobacco. Very dry not sweet, not chewy. And this is what I have period. No coffee or leather or sweets. On the several hours long dry down a little honey comes out.

This was a huge fail on my skin chemistry.

This reminds me a lot of Aquolina - Blue Sugar. The honey, leather and cookies create this sparkly shimmering aura. I get whiffs of cotton candy for some weird reason.

Wet: Warm, shortbread cookies dunked in coffee.

Drydown: As it dries, a thick honey note swirls into the coffee. There is still a hint of warm buttery cookie hanging in the background.

Dry: Very sweet, and close to the skin. My skin pretty much ate all the darker notes, and I am left with a faint whisper of honey drizzled shortbread.

ETA: Hours later, a soft, sweetened tobacco note wafts up from my skin. It is gorgeous and mellow.

Edited by ralenth

Yum yum yum, once dried this is basically the scent of my favourite vanilla tobacco blend from when I used to roll my own cigarettes, with a hint of coffee and shortbread. It reminds me of a winter's morning in my late teens. I... didn't know I missed this scent. What a lovely thing.