Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Heart-Shaped Beanie on the Metro

Sometimes, all I want to do is to hold her and enjoy her warmth. I love her, and she is the best part of me.

Sugared rose and orange blossom.

This is an even mix of a sugared pink rose (very similar to the rose note in Fuzzy Pink Handcuffs) and sugared orange blossom.  It isn't overly sweet and the throw and staying power are moderate (although that will probably improve with age.)  I love this scent and I'm so glad I blind bottled it. 

In The Bottle: I am hit immediately with a bright light pink rose that instantly brings me back to summertime in childhood, wearing my grandmother's rose perfume and rollers king up and down the street. It's an *ache* it's so intensely real. So that's the first thing. After a second bottles sniff, I get an edge of the granulated sugar in the background. I've no complaints!

Wet On Skin: Warming up, this is becoming more like Victorian Rose Milk v.1, of which I am a fan, and which is to say the sugar has become slightly creamy and the rose has become slightly more "fresh"- I can smell a hint of the green stem in this mix now.

Dry Down: This is all fresh rose and a hint of sweet cream on me. I'm sad I'm getting no orange blossom in the mix. I'll likely hold on to it and see how it settles, in about a month.

Edited by VioletChaos

I am so glad that I got this blind-bottle.  On me, the rose comes out swinging when wet, but upon drydown, the orange blossom and the white sugar notes (think the sugar rim on a cocktail glass) come forward.  I wish wish WISH this was available as a body dust/powder.

Sugary rose and orange blossom. This is a definite sugary floral blend. If you like either Hope or Faith, I would give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.

Very sweet, pink rose scent. Reminds me a lot of Fuzzy Pink Handcuffs and Cinq. I cannot detect the orange blossom on it's own, but it adds to the rose to make it a more floral scent. Very, very sweet smelling.

Lovely and sweet pink rose with some sweet citrusy orange blossom giving the rose more depth. The rose in this definitely reminds me of the rose in Cinq as well. As the blend dries the sweetness smells more like a distinct granulated sugar note, and the orange blossom comes out a bit more. 

I did not expect to love this as much as I do. It is gorgeous. The blend of orange blossom, rose, and sugar is just incredible. I love it. It's very rosy on application but then dries down with a definitely sugary orange blossom note. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. This will be a full size bottle buy for sure.

I love orange blossom, it smells amazing on me.  Not soapy, or sharp, smooth and slinky.  A definite Snake Charmer vibe, and I own a lot of blends with that note in it.  Here, the rose is the star of the show, with the orange blossom making a late appearance, and muted.  I don't mind rose, and this is nice, but the decant will suffice.

Deeply sugary rose.  Seconded that it smells like Cinq.  There's something almost powdery/cloying about the sugary part of this that I recall from that.  This reminds me a little of Turkish Delight, but I prefer my roses to smell like flowers, and this is decidedly candy.  

Wet: All sweet but not playing well with my skin.

Dry: Pride with sugar.  What I think might be the orange blossom sneaking in at the end.  A bit soapy on the left wrist but not so on the right.

I got this as a frottle from the lab. It's something I'd never have chosen based on the scent notes, I mean floral and sugar... Usually not on my radar. But it is a really pretty scent, a little sweet, a little sour from the orange blossom, the rose adds some freshness. It's a really "happy" scent, at least it makes me happy. So far it behaves on me and stays pretty linear, nothing goes funky or soapy like florals sometimes do. 

I think I'll keep my bottle.