Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Labdanum and birch tar with leather, orris root, copal, and bergamot.

Coca cola resins (hi labdanum), birch, leather and a whiff of bergamot. This one is a resinous-birch/leather blend. Medium throw and wear length.

Perfect for those Yule lads.

Sticky coca-cola with a twist of citrus, served in a birchwood cup. The powdery orris root is there in the background, and who knows where the leather is hiding? Pretty unisex, and pretty distinctive.

I don't really want to smell like soda, so no need for a bottle for me, but I'll probably keep my imp to remind myself what these resins smell like! Coke with lemon-lime, ~weird.

I was intrigued by the Birch tar in Seventh Lash but I'm afraid there's too much labdanum, it's very harsh and pungent on me. Can't stand it 😞

In the imp - cola-like labdanum and trees.

Freshly applied - tingly-spicy-effervescent labdanum with hints of winter pine tree.  A warm/leathery/smokey note from the birch tar comes in after a few moments or so as it starts to dry.  The birch tar is stronger on my hair, the labdanum-cola on my skin.  Masculine, like a very gently spiced aftershave.

Half hour in - labdanum-cola, mostly.  Very little morphing.  Despite normally amping leather to the skies, I get basically none from this after the first few minutes - I was expecting a wintery forest/leather scent, and instead got tingly-effervescent coke (winter edition), like the cold weather fraternal twin of The Scroll's sweet summer coca-cola. If The Scroll is regular coke (sweeter and warmer because of the cinnamon/honey), Seventh Lash is Diet Coke (crisper and more refreshing).

I like it, but I really only need one coca-cola scent and The Scroll already fills that slot in my collection.