Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Bitter almond, cacao, black cherry, patchouli, and labdanum.

Oddly enough, this smells like Cherry coke and a whiff of dusty patchouli. I think the labdanum, combined with the bitter almond and black cherry end up as a sort of cherry cola type smell, and then you get that over a bit of dusty patchouli. Medium throw and wear length.

Almond flour and dry cacao with some golden labdanum and well-behaved cherries. It's like a delicious but not too sweet or moist cake. If the labdanum only shone a little more or the patchouli were deeper then this scent would have a lot more depth, but that might happen with aging. I'm on the fence with this one.

Wet: My nose wrinkled up a bit upon smelling this. It kind of smells like cherry coke plus cedar? Strange.

Dry: Still cherry coke and cedar, just lighter than the wet stage. I think the bitter almond may not be playing well with my skin chemistry.

Very, very odd.

On me, Tenth Lash starts out with a blast of sweet cherry almond, like a marzipan treat topped with maraschino cherries, lots of them.  It's too sweet even for me, and I crave marzipan scents.  But this gooey opening quickly gives way into something more like I expected from the notes:  almond that has a slightly bitter edge, dry cacao, and patch vying with syrupy cherry.  This stage I like a lot, and I think it will age well, with the patchouli contributing more structure as it matures.  It wears pretty close to the skin on me, which is normal for my chemistry. 

For sure a dusty smell.  It melds a bit as time goes on but ultimately i just get a less good Voodoo