Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White fir, olibanum, thyme, and leather.

I get fir, thyme and a whiff of leather on the drydown. This is very much a green fir smell. It's very fresh and pleasant to smell. Good throw and wear length.

I was curious about this one because white fir and thyme sound so beautiful together, but I didn't get to try it until my friend brought her decants over.

Gaaah! I love this, especially during its first phase.

White-greenish fir, thyme, and a soft background blend of Otherness. I don't find anything specific besides the fir and thyme, but there's a sense of other airy, blendy things.

More than an hour after drydown, it has become much more plain and developed a lemony edge. At this point it reminds me of the lemon and white fir in Take the Moon (silvered musk and lemon peel, white fir needle, frosted apple blossom, mugwort). 

I find this a wonderfully airy blend, like the Element Air floating in a green, herbal grove.

A pure, true fir, fresh but with prickly edges softened by solemn herbs. There's something almost holy about the frankincense (olibanum) and thyme elevating the piney woods with a magi's gift, with saddle-leather very faintly in the background of it all. It's simple, authentic, good.

If you like the idea of church incense but not the actual spices, this one might give you the feel you're looking for in the guise of a chapel in the middle of a forest of white firs, a still cold night carrying the scent of frankincense and evergreens into the air. If it was a song, it would be O Holy Night.

I'm very close to getting a full bottle of this.

the opening to this is absolutely gorgeous:  sweet evergreen sap and syrupy frankincense anchored by a little dash of thyme. 3rd lash stays like this for an hour or so, before drying down to a warm and dusty leather skinscent.  the drydown is nice, cozy, easy to wear, but it's the opening that really thrills me.

I love Third Lash!  White fir is one of my very favorite evergreen notes, and it's just beautiful with the thyme.  I'm not sure I can really pick out the olibanum -- it's not the super dry frankincense that reads as cedar on my skin, at any rate.  This mellows and sweetens slightly in drydown.  The soft leather in the background isn't evident wet but becomes more and more a part of the scent as it dries down.  Totally unisex, with a little throw (which is pretty good for my skin) and good wear length.