Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Gingerbread, Vetiver, and Black Currant

[No additional description provided.]

I get a fair bit of smokiness from the vetiver, whiffs of black currant and spices. Exactly as advertised. Good throw and wear length.

I’m really surprised by how much I liked this! It’s one of the least Gingerbread-y of these, and the balance with the vetiver and black currant is wonderful. On me the black currant dominates, but the underlying combination of the Gingerbread and vetiver give it a darker note so it’s never too sweet. It smells like a high-end perfume you might buy in a department store. This was one I bought as a decant on a whim but may actually buy a full size!

Edited by frizzlechicken

Nice! The vetiver mixes with and tones down the gingerbread. I'm not getting charred wood from it at all. The blackcurrant is dark and perfumy while just hinting at jam.

In the imp/wet - fruity (but not too sweet), slightly-musky, with a hint of gingerbread - no sharp/strong spice

On the drydown - mild, non-foodie gingerbread and fruity musk. The gingerbread and vetiver form a warm, humid base to ground the currant.  Light and subtle.  Like a piece of very lightly-flavored, only mildly spiced gingerbread topped with jam.  The current is the strongest note here - this is definitely a fruity scent rather than a baked-goods scent.

This has gone terribly wrong on my skin. The black currant smells like nail polish remover, very chemical and drowned out the other notes. This black currant note is the same one as in Blackcurrant Sufganiyot, which doesn't make the blend tolerable to me at all :(