Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Excessively Cheerful Christmas Tree Lot Atmosphere Spray

The piniest pine that ever pined, pining you right in the face.

This is indeed a very piney and very cheerful pine.  I think it’s the bit of lemon that lifts this one up and lends the cheerful aura.  This is a very realistic, bright pine scent. 

Oooh, piney. Very, very piney. I like it a lot! It's a bit intense at first, but fades down a bit into an almost Skadi-like breeze. 

This was my one Yule blind bottle atmosphere spray purchase. And it did not disappoint!

I love the smell of evergreens, and now that I live somewhere without them, I always feel pulled toward coniferous scents. The pine in this is a lovely, bright pine. It reminds me of the pine in either Schwarzwald Atmo or Blue Spruce and Snow-Capped Pine Atmo, but I no longer have the empties to sniff to say which one it is for sure. But if those were up your alley, this will be, too. It doesn't smell like pine cleaner or like a pine branch slapping you in the face. It's just a beautiful, realistic, bright pine scent.

I am so glad I bought a bottle!

Beautiful pine smell. I'm vaguely considering getting my hands on some in case we end up with an artificial tree and we just need the smell of the real thing. This is like you took a troupe of pine trees and shoved them all up your nose as a singularity.

Fresh decant from a lovely forumite.

Yes, definitely a Christmas tree, pine with some possible fir and/or spruce.  To me, it isn't quite so strong or well-defined as some pine-scented candles that I have are.  There's something else in here as well.  I don't get the lemon that another reviewer mentioned.  To me, it's more of a floral.  Or maybe something to eat, something with a delicate flavor like cotton candy or eggnog without the rum.  But I could be wrong, and the person who said lemon might have nailed it.  Because whatever it is, it's too faint and overshadowed by the pine to really tell.

In any case, this is a lovely and realistic pine/Christmas scent.  I like it a lot.  It isn't astringent, furniture polish-y, masculine, or aftershave-ish, as many pine scents often are.

5 out of 6 stars.

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

I should love this more than I do - I adore Schwartzwald & other evergreen based atmospheres but somehow this just doesn't thrill me. It's nice & piney as advertised, with that hint of lemon mentioned upthread, but would need a bit of stone or wood for it to sing for me. There's a little creaminess or light musk in the background once it dries. It also doesn't linger as much as I would like. I like it fine but don't reach for it that often.