Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Bourbon-Soaked Apples Hair Gloss

Sautéed with brown sugar and lemon juice.

So... I am a sucker for apple scents, so I had to get this one! Sniffing in the bottle, I get the bourbon and, luckily, the apples. Scents with whiskey, rum, bourbon, etc etc can either be good or way too much, so far, sniffing, this is right in the middle. 

In my hair, (applied to dry hair) it stays the same... it mellows a bit, which is good. I get the sweet apples and the bourbon is there, but not too much. Not detecting brown sugar or lemon, but that could be part of the sweet apple scent I get.  This seems to have a medium throw and it is very lovely!! It is a very nice balance between sweet of the apples and the sharpness of the bourbon! :)

I do not like apple scents, or bourbon scents, but...  I love this gloss.  It smells like cold, leftover apple pie filling to me—with a hint of spice and cold, cooked Granny Smith apple slices.  If this type of scent is your thing, you will love this one!

I love bourbon and apples, so I knew I would have to try this. It doesn't seem to last very long on me, though. My scalp must suck it up, I couldn't smell anything after an hour. It's not nearly as sweet as I was expecting, nor as appley. However, I did grab another bottle, it's a must-have for apple lovers. I feel like it's got more of a dry bourbon-soaked wood note, so, like oak mixed up with some apple bread or oatmeal. I'll have to keep working on the description for this. It's awesome, but hard to describe.

ETA: Trying this again, I figured out that it reminds me of generic autumn/apple candle smell. It's something I would expect to smell walking into Hallmark in October or November. Not to say it's bad, but it smells more generic than boozy to me.

Edited by torikitty

I'm another bourbon and apple fan (both consuming and smelling  ;-)! Though I definitely sometimes have the same problem as Numanoid where the boozy notes can dominate a blend.

In the bottle and freshly applied, I smell sweet apples and rich bourbon in good balance. So yummy. After application, the bourbon slowly fades and the apples come to the front. Happily, I was still able to smell this in my hair the next day and still going strong (approaching 24 hours now). A caveat though - I have a lot of hair and a LOT of hair glosses, so I apply extremely liberally.

I'm an apple fiend and very glad to add this to my apple-centric hair gloss collection!

Surprise win! The Apple note is sweet, not too tart. The bourbon and brown sugar (NOT the dreaded burnt caramel note!) really round the Apple out so well. And I underneath it all, I get a whiff of something that reminds me of the only mainstream perfume I've held on to (and there were A LOT that i got rid of after discovering oils)... atelier silver iris. Don't misunderstand, this doesn't smell like mainstream perfume or even the silver iris blend. But there is "something" in both that is a unique smell that I had never encountered before and I love it. I almost want to describe it as "good lipstick" but that sounds very unappealing . 

Edited by mizliz2176