Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
TrailerTrashPrincess

Sugar Cookies in a Snowdrift

[No additional description provided.]

i don't wanna be first, but somebody has to be. so forgive me for not being all that good with reviews and we'll hope that the folks who post after me are better at it.

a couple of years ago there was a Yule called Mud-Mingled Boot Slush that was a minty slushy scent with hints of good clean dirt and something that kinda felt like waterlogged cement.

i'll need to dig it out to do a side-by-side but this reminds me so much of that, except with shortbread cookies (like the tin of "Danish Butter Cookies" the size of your head that we pick up at Sam's Club every year around this time).

i don't get Sugar Cookie (like the '05, The Devil's Bake Sale, or any of the other versions, either), but a more buttery sort of cookie, which i'm fine with. it could've been called Yellow Cake Batter In The Snow and that would make sense to me, too. 

but it is the minty-snow-y-ness that is the most dominant here, but it is sweeter than the Mud-Mingled Boot Slush from ... whatever year it was. 2016?  i hate peppermint, but this doesn't bother me. the mint is more like essence-of-cold-frozen-air than actual, like, toothpaste-y mint-y-ness. 

this isn't something i'll wear as perfume but i think it would make a good car air freshener (Little Snowy Tree) type scent.

Minty slush with buttery vanilla cookies and a whiff of dirt. But yeah, in general minty buttery cookies. Medium throw and wear length.

I agree with TTP and zee_zee. Sugar Cookies in a Snowdrift features a minty (but not intensely minty!), slushy snow with a buttery cookie note. When I first tested this a few days after it arrived, it smelled primarily of minty slush on me with just a hint of buttery cookie. Now, after settling for a week, I do get more of the buttery cookie. This is the type of cookie that's not adorned with any frosting or sugar, and I don't think I would have guessed sugar cookie if it weren't for the name of the scent. It's nice, but I was really hoping for more cookie than snow (and was hoping for the sweet snow note).

This started off as a cool almost mint sugar cookie scent at first. But sadly after some aging it’s turned all ozone with a slight whiff of cookies in the background. Ozone and I don’t mix well. 

I don't get any cookies from this.  It starts off like the lab's melty snow note, cold and refreshing and slushy, and then dries down to a slightly soapy, clean scent with a tiny hint of peppermint.