Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mizliz2176

Candy Canes, Powdered Sugar, Snickerdoodles, and Vanilla Cream

And yet, not /too/ sweet!

Really enjoying this one! Will be wearing it to my Christmas eve festivities. The mint is subdued like it is in cabbage white hg. It's more apparent when first sprayed, then becomes a pillow soft mint in the background of an almost Angel food cake vibe from the powdered sugar and vanilla cream. When first sprayed the cinnamon is more apparent from the snickerdoodle but quickly recedes to simply become a barely there tie in component. Will definitely be getting some wear time over here!

Candy Canes, Powdered Sugar, Snickerdoodles, and Vanilla Cream hair gloss is like the smell wafting over from a table of holiday goodies. It does smell like angel food cake, plus a hint of mint and cinnamon. As this evolves in my hair, I catch moments where I smell the individual components—a snickerdoodle here, a candy cane there—but mostly this is just a happy wallow of treats that manages to truly not be too sweet, at least to me. As fun as I’d hoped it would be!

I liked this one much more than I thought I would, considering that I am not a mint lover.  I can see this gloss being a firm favorite for many.  The mint is soft and creamy, like those good soft old-fashioned peppermints.  There’s a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, a hint of burnt cookie, and sweet vanilla cream. 

I bought this one hoping to get a mint heavy scent (I'm out of Lick It HG). This does start off with an initial burst of mint, but that quickly dissipates. What I smell (and what the man reported he smells) are cookies.  It's a pleasant sort of holiday baking smell. It will get a lot of cold weather wear from me.

WHEW, that initial blast of mint went right up my nose!

This starts out pretty mint heavy; I'd say strong mint, and sugar cookies.

My hair definitely retains some of that mint once it dries in the hair, but it basically flip flops as far as the strength goes. More of a sugar cookie scent, with a touch of mint in the background.

Mint, sugar cookie, cinnamon and a whiff of vanilla cream. Not too foodie, but evocative of those times in the the kitchen with the baking is going on. Delicious.

Mmmmm this is so good! It’s a blast of peppermint up front, and then very quickly settles into a baked goods scent. A faint whiff of mint wafts throughout wear, but it’s pleasant and mild. Mostly this is warm cookies. I’ve worn it a few times now and every time someone says “Man you smell good!”

Edited by frizzlechicken

The peppermint helps this from being too sweet. Like others said, there is an initial blast of mint and then it settles. I get too much baked goods at first, but it calms down to a more enjoyable vanilla. Interestingly, the mint peeks in again, making it altogether very pleasant.

I forgot to post my review of this when I tried it a few weeks ago. It starts off with the candy canes and vanilla cream being most prominent, but the cinnamon of the snickerdoodle quickly joins in and makes it a cinnamony mint and vanilla baked goods scent in my hair. The mint didn't stay strong for long, and the cinnamon didn't take long to calm down, and in the end, it ends up being mostly the cookie note with some light cinnamon and mint in my hair. Other reviewers mentioned it being kind of like angel food cake, and I can definitely see that.

I probably could have just bought a 1 oz decant instead of the full bottle since I have so much hair gloss already (including Lick It HG). It's a nice melange of holiday goodness, but I think I would like this more if it didn't have the cinnamon. At least the mint seems to hang around more than it does in the Lick It HG, though (although it is light).