Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Pers

Frostbitten Jack

[No additional description provided.]

In the bottle:  Smells like exactly what it says on the tin, Jack with a snow note.  Hooray!

On my skin (wet and dry):  Hmm...where did Jack go?  It's all snow snow and more snow.  Not a hint of Jack to be found.  It reminds me of Snow White, almost exactly, but it fades much more quickly.  Two or three hours later and I can no longer smell much, even with my nose to my wrist.

Overall, not a bad purchase since I love Snow White but not what I had been expecting. I've taken to layering it with Jack to try to capture more of what I was going for.

almost exactly Snow White.

i don't understand it, it shouldn't be, but it is. 

i buy Snow White because it smells like a certain memory.  i can't wear it, it goes funky on me, but this - on my skin, smells the way Snow White does in the bottle. maybe just a little warmer (might be the pumpkin [not pumpkie pie, just real, straight pumpkin], and i do love pumpkin!).

Snow White snow and a touch of pumpkin underneath. It's mainly a slightly more pumpkin Snow White variant. Good throw and wear length.

Note: The only Lab snow note I've tried is the one in the 2018 Frostbitten series. I've tried Frostbitten Snake Oil, Frostbitten Dorian, and now Frostbitten Jack. To my nose, the note is consistent across these blends (in this year). I would call it softly creamy and softly sweet. If I refer to the "snow" note in this review, it is the one I am describing here. 

In the decant: The snow note, as above, is most prominent, but I don't have too much trouble detecting the pumpkin, nutmeg, and clove underneath. They're in the background, but they're not absent for me. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's snow, nutmeg, and pumpkin, in that order. As it dries, the snow is the portion of the blend that continues to have the most throw. However, if I bring my nose close to my arm to sniff, the pumpkin and nutmeg are most prominent. 

After about half an hour, the notes blend together more. The snow still has more throw, and the pumpkin-nutmeg is still prominent near the skin, but the balance is much closer. The snow is detectable close up, and the pumpkin-nutmeg is detectable sniffing further out. And there's a range of "sniffing distance" when the blend is pretty well equalized. 

As it wears on my skin, the pumpkin-nutmeg of Jack becomes more dominant at any sniff length. The snow note never becomes a non-player. 

I literally only get the snow note from this one, sadly. It's basically just a dupe of Snow White on my skin.

I do get the tiniest hint of a creamy pumpkin and a bit of a spice note on a very very deep wrist sniff, but I have to go looking for it. It's not in the throw at all.