Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
DianesTulpa

Eyeball Seaboar Alchemy Lab

Scratched at the last minute on the advice of our legal counsel, who was afraid people might misunderstand and pour the perfume directly into their eyes. “For External Purposes Only Seaboar” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

White sandalwood, sweet patchouli, sea salt, Italian bergamot, and honey.

I'm the first, woo!

In the bottle: strong, overwhelming salty patch with a hint of sweetness

Dry down:  I took a chance on the blend, but I'm pleasantly surprised, and this has become a go-to this winter. It has mostly a patchouli base imo, but it's not too "dirty." It's more of a soft patch like in Feed Me/Fill Me or Zoe and the Goat. It might also be mellowed out by the honey, which I find also has a strong presence. The happy surprise for me here is that there is a salt water taffy element that is working very well with these 2 notes, though not as overwhelming as in the bottle. I think this scent will also work well in warmer months because it feels slightly beachy despite the other notes. I also get a little bergamot, which complements the honey just as in tea. Overall, I find this is one of those blends that melds together nearly seamlessly. You can pick out the patch and detect the salt, but you have to really *concentrate* because they are all so intertwined.
I don't detect the sandalwood much, but I think perhaps it is just married to the earthiness of the patch.

I LOVE THIS! And again, I don't feel this is particularly a cold season scent, and will work well any time of year :heart:

I was worried about the salt in Eyeball Seaboar (also the name, Seaboar) taking this into an aquatic direction, which would not be a win on me.  But it's really very good.  The blend that came to mind while testing this is Mithras, my favorite AG scent.  The only shared note is honey, but the blood in Mithras has a saltiness to it.  I also thought of the sweat and honey of Sara Pezzini.  If either of those is good on you, this is definitely worth a shot.  The patch is sweet, as advertised, not a big bad hippie patchouli, and the overall feel on me is that of a second-skin type of scent.  I'm not getting great throw or wear length from this, but my skin chemistry may just be having an eat-em-up kind of day, as it obliterated the Bellicose Clam on the other wrist...  Aging may also help.  I'm definitely keeping my decant and will retest in a couple weeks to see if I need more. 

Bergamot honey and white sandalwood, with a hint of salt.

I amp the salt as this dries, which seems common for me. In this case, I think I amp it too much.

Wet: Sweet and salty patchouli, with white sandalwood and honey. I'm digging the saltiness!

Dry: Sweet and salty sandalwood, with a touch of honey. The patchouli from earlier can't be found! 

I like this, but it's not a love for me. I think a decant will be plenty. 

Salty, honeyed patch. Overall, this is a very well-blended skin scent, and I don't think I'd identify any specific notes other than honey. This is actually sweeter and rounder than I was expecting, and less rough and dirty. I always expect patchouli scents to have that dirty edge, and this one doesn't.

Notably, this scent has pretty strong throw -- this scent overpowered the other test patches on my skin.

From a testable empty frimped by a generous forumite.

Color me surprised! The listed notes did not prepare me for the bergamot's surprise attack of floral goodness  in this blend. It's like the bergamot comes upon the unsuspecting patchouli, salt, white sandalwood & honey, ties them up, & bursts into flower. This is really nice, & now I kind of want some more.

Wet, it smells like Mary Read, but as it dries down the salt comes through more and so does the the honeyed patchouli. It's a woody moderately salty-sweet blend. If you are a fan of Mary Read and want a savory interpretation of it, get Eyeball Seaboar!

This is mostly salt and honey on me for the longest time, with just a hint of bergamot. After a few hours, the dusty sandalwood ends up joining the salt and honey, but the salt is the strongest note. I am surprised that I am not getting any patch from this.

This was an odd mix of salty sweet. Not bad, just not really something I could see myself reaching for.

Ahh what an amazing patchouli blend! It's not dark and earthy, it's more sophisticated -- the patchouli is sweetened and mellowed by the honey. The sea salt really adds interest for me. Its saltiness is a contrast that heightens the other notes, like when you put sea salt on chocolate chip cookies. I'm not getting any sandalwood. The Italian bergamot adds just a very light, classy citrus/floral note. Such a lovely and unique blend!

Wow - I was gifted this by a very generous community member and I absolutely love it and might never have tried it otherwise! On me I can smell the bergamot and honey most, with the salt adding in an ever-so-slight aquatic without being too much. The patchouli in this is nice and gentle. I’m really excited for this as a warm-weather scent...I think it’s going to be great in hot or humid weather!