Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Mincemeat Pie

No minces were harmed in the making of this pie perfume.

Figs, raisins, dried cherries, and suet accord (vegan-safe!) steeped in dark brown sugar, crystallized ginger, lemon and orange zest, nutmeg, allspice, and clove, embraced by an apple cider cornmeal crust.

This smells strong of nutmeg, clove and allspice, with apples and raisins and hints of other fruit. In other words, this smells like mincemeat as you're making it. Delicious!

For all of you apple pie lovers, give this a whirl.

Fruity spice. Goes on in a blast of nutmeg and simmers down to a sweet, fruity pie filling. No crust note that I can detect, sadly.

Reminds me very much of Alice's Evidence on my skin.  I'll need to test them side-by-side to be sure, but I think they're definitely scent-siblings if not twins.

I recommend letting this settle for at least a day before testing it. When it first arrived, it was all spice in the decant, but after a few days of rest, I could smell the fruits (especially the cherry!) along with the spice.

Mincemeat Pie starts off mostly smelling like mincemeat, with the cherry being the most prominent of the fruits on me (which was a nice surprise). This is a deep cherry, and not one with an almond-cherry vibe. The spices, while prominent, did not end up irritating my sensitive skin. It stays that way for a while, mincemeat with a splash of apple cider, but after a few hours, the crust shows up, and it ends up being the dominant note on me after several hours of wear. If you like the pastry note in The Knave of Hearts, I think you'll enjoy the one in Mincemeat Pie as well.

This was a pleasant surprise. I did not expect to like it as much as I do, and I will definitely be keeping my decant. I am not sure if a bottle will be in the cards due to budget reasons, but I do think it is a wonderful foodie scent for the holidays.

Edited by doomsday_disco

So this one was a surprise for me! It is literally one of the last two I'm testing from a decant circle I was in, as I wasn't super excited about it but was curious. So, plenty of rest time for this little guy.

Wet on skin it was ZIPPY for me. Almost like a champagne scent. Dominant apple and ginger, almost sparkly for no good reason. YUM.

Drydown: The zippy fruity edge calms down, and the spices warm up for me. It's just... a perfect beauty to me. I admit I have no idea what an actual mincemeat pie smells or tastes like - I know what it is and can guess, but it's not a real thing to me (lol). So, that known, this reminds me more of an epic apple crumble. Apple is the dominant note to my nose, but I wouldn't consider this an apple-blend on my bottle shelf. This would go right next to Bengal, Calaveras, and Harvest Moon on my shelf, as it has the same big-spice well-blended feel. 

Verdict: HUGE surprise hit for me. Yummy bubbly apple crumble with heavy spices and extras. Autumnal/Winter goodness.

Edited by Aveya

Cherry/apple pie with spices.

This has a very strong pastry note to my nose, similar to the one in Knave of Hearts. The filling here is mostly apple, though, I think, with a little cherry, with fairly strong warm spices. As it dries, the spices get even stronger and the fruit notes fade a little. Good throw and lasting power.

This is a great foodie scent for around the holidays, especially for people whose skin doesn't play well with cinnamon (with cinnamon I get the itching, burning, redness, plus it just smells chemical-y on me). In the decant, this smells like cherry, tart apple, pastry crust, and a jumble of spices. On my skin, that tart apple takes over for a second before dying down and letting those delicious bubbling, baked fruits shine through. I get a soft cherry, raisins, and something a little earthier, which must be the fig? It does go through a stage where it smells like a candle store at Christmas-time, but that didn't bother me, and it doesn't last long. The real standout here for me is the crust and the raisins. Dry and settled for a while, those are the notes I get the most, along with a lovely sugary sweetness. If you want a winter-foodie scent but can't do cinnamon, this is the scent for you. 

Smells like delightful fruit and spice, mostly apple at the beginning but then the apple note fades to the background after just a little while, and there's not any one note that stands out..  Not much else to say.  Very nice spice scent, on the softer side (not harsh).  

This is...amazingly, eerily accurate! Exactly what it says!

We made mincemeat pies last Christmas (2020, I mean), and this is SPOT-ON. A jumble of warm cozy dark spiced fruit (mostly apple and raisin, but really everything all tossed together), brown sugar, a hint of apple cider, baked in a rich pastry crust! It's very much a holiday association for me, but it's a delicious one! If you like mincemeat pie, you'll love this, I think.