Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
boomtownrat

Gingerbread Tobacco

No additional description provided.]

It's Christmas Day at the North Pole. All of the deliveries are done. Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the elves are chilling with some gingerbread, and Santa is filling his pipe with the good tobacco, the kind that he always saves for this day. 

I'm a big fan of ginger and gingerbread, whether it's for consuming or smelling. The smell of tobacco has always been pleasant to me. This combination was irresistible. 

Out of the handful of BPALs I've tried with a tobacco note, this is most similar to Autumn Moon of the Mirror Stand. At every stage, gingerbread is in the background, adding a bit of spice to the tobacco.

Gingerbread Tobacco is warm and inviting. I could see myself wearing it anytime I want to feel like wearing an olfactory Snuggie.

Wet: Tobacco! This smells like tobacco.. and cobwebs? Weird, I know; I'm not getting any ginger or gingerbread scent from this yet.

Dry: Clove? Clove and tobacco, basically. Not getting much of a gingerbread scent, just more of the spices that are IN the gingerbread. The tobacco is very dominant here, and I'm still getting that weird cobwebby vibe.

Not really my thing. 

Gingerbread (which I just found out doesn't work on me) and the Lab's French tobacco (which turns into "house fire" on my skin). double miss; not the Lab's fault.

I didn't care for a lot of the gingerbreads in this Yule, but it really works with the tobacco. Maybe because my skin is good with tobacco.

I wish I could describe it better, but it's just a medium, standard molasses-clove gingerbread with caramelized smelling French tobacco. The tobacco is far stronger than the gingerbread. Incredibly snuggly.

I love Pumpkin Tobacco, and I love Gingerbread, Vetiver and Black Clove.  This is that tobacco but not that gingerbread.  It's a gorgeous rich chewy tobacco with -- agreeing here with some of the other reviews -- the dry baking spices that go into gingerbread, but not the toothsome dark stickiness of gingerbread itself, and I get a lot more tobacco than spices (which might balance out over time).  It's actually quite similar to Pumpkin Tobacco on my skin, which is wonderful, but since I have a bottle of that, I don't need a bottle of Gingerbread Tobacco.

All of the Cotillion that I sniffed this year - Tobacco, Cacao/Champaca, Coffee Bean/Smoked Vanilla, and Oudh - have the same underlying Gingerbread note, which is not a chewy spicy version but a light golden intoxicating aura like things baking in the oven and giving off yummy yeasty vibes. Not typically the smell I associate with gingerbread, but delicious and wearable beyond the holidays.

Lucchesa is absolutely right. This is the beautiful tobacco note from Pumpkin Tobacco, elegant and sweet and sophisticated, rather than stompy. Those who loved it in the Pumpkin will probably love it in the Gingerbread.

The problem is - those (like myself) who have it in the Pumpkin already probably don't *need* it in the Gingerbread. Those distinguishing notes are so faint as to be mere embellishments. The star is really the tobacco, just depends which accent flavor you love more. Pumpkin is a little darker and heavier, Gingerbread lighter and brighter. They are both beautiful, but I don't need bottles of both.

This is a gorgeous, rich tobacco.  The gingerbread says hello at the beginning and exits. If you love tobacco and missed some of the other BPAL tobacco classics, this is for you! (And me!)

This scent is primarily a delicious gourmand tobacco with only a hint of gingerbread, mostly a whisper of gingerbread spices rather than the sticky, molasses-y scent I associate with gingerbread itself.  The tobacco (dry/sweet/warm) is stronger in my hair, and the gingerbread more prominent on my skin (but even there, it's a full-bodied tobacco backed-up by gingerbread instead of the other way round).  It's nice and cozy, but I have a lot of tobacco-heavy scents already so I don't know if I need a full bottle of this one.

Deep warm gingerbread, brown sugary and softly spicy like the cookie rather than juicy fresh ginger. Beautiful caramelized chewy tobacco. A winning combo.