Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Centzon Totochtin

I knew I'd like this one from the vial! It's red wine with an undertone of chocolate, with the chocolate being so dark it's almost like a spice, and what I think is a bit of vetiver, because this is a close cousin of Blood Kiss. I have so much Blood Kiss that I don't need to stock up on Centzon, but I like it.

Edited by lady_pandora

This was all dark chocolate and red fruit on me.   I wouldn't call it wine but it could potentially be a grape.  There was definitely a sweet alcohol note (probably the rum).

I normally do well with cocoa.  I normally do well with wine.  I normally do well with "blood" notes.  I'm not wild about rum, but whatever.

In the vial and on application, I was met with an overwhelming wave of chocolate, red berries, and...  Vomit?

It seems that the rabbits have partied a little too hard.  Were it not for the "vomit" note, this would be a gorgeous scent. Unfortunately, even as I get the wonderful "coffee ice cream" that some people have mentioned, something acrid and unpleasant remains in the background and makes me feel somewhat nauseated.  I'll try it again later to see if I can have a vomitless experience, but I'm not counting on it.

I am obsessed with finding all the Mexican smells, and this actually wasn't one of the ones in the list I wanted to try out, but I received a free imp & was pleasantly surprised by how much I like it. 

So far it unfortunately smells a little soapy on my skin, and less like the deep rum/wine & incense in the imp. 

I may not buy a bottle of this one to wear, but I'll definitely be keeping the imp as I love to keep around these scent memories. 

In the imp: deep cocoa and red wine. Luxurious. 

Wet: still deep cocoa and red wine, but there's more sweetness and a bit of incense is coming through. I fear the blood might be DBR (maybe the rum?) 

Dry: Gets less sweet again, and if the blood is DBR is doesn't get sharp-fruity-shouty like it tends to on me. I'd say at this stage it's mostly about the wine and incense, mellow red fruit and smoke with a bit of that bitterish cocoa underneath. I think some of the mellow sweetness is the rum. The scent is really smooth and luxurious. I could definitely see myself wearing this in the winter 

Divine drunken rabbit orgy friends! Neat.

I don't normally go for alcohol scents, but this is beautiful. Very reminiscent of real chocolate and red wine to my nose, which is not my usual experience with red wine notes in perfume.

On skin, the chocolate becomes more bitter, even sour, as well as powdery. It makes me think of the bittersweet cocoa note in Ein Kuss von Krampus. Recovers some of the chocolatey-ness as it dries. Still good!

Usually not into dessert scents but I do like wines and rums so I gave this a try.
Start to finish this is the boozy hot chocolate I get from my neighborhood bar in the winter. Every once in a while I catch of whiff of a red fruit, but it's mostly the chocolate and the liquor. Not something I'll reach for often but it's comforting and atmospheric in it's own way.

Wet: Sweet, tart, lusty, and chocolatey. It smells thick like syrup.

Drydown: This is a scent of indulgence. Comforting, velvety cocoa spiked with sour red wine, sweet rum, and a dark, seductive je ne sais quoi. Very sexual. Very dark. Very foreboding.

Dry: All-of-the-Darkness tied up with a deep crimson bow. Absolutely intoxicating. It's smooth, yet it has BITE. It might not be a vampire scent, but like, c'mon, this is totally a vampire scent. And I like it.

8 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

Starts off smelling sweet, like chocolate and something creamy and fresh. As it starts to dry down, the chocolate smell dies down (which is a shame because I LOVE chocolate scents), and instead smells like whipped honey and cherry cough drop. The menthol was pretty strong and eventually overpowered everything else. 

There's a metallyness from the blood, it's not neccesarily mechanic, more.. musky, that stands out to me first thing sniffing this. Pair that with a thirst-enducing, but not overly strong red booze note and a sweet but bitter cocoa. I shouldn't like this knowing my own track record, but i really, really do!