Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Schönperchten

The Shining Ones: snow-spattered lavender, bourbon vanilla, white mint, and white amber.

I am testing this before it has had a full day of rest, so I will update my review if my experience is different after it has had more time to settle.

Schönperchten is a clean, cool scent. It's very lavender-forward at first, but it becomes more of a snowy scent over time. The white mint is present throughout wear, but this a light variety of mint that adds a coolness to the scent without being intense or having a burning effect on the skin. It becomes a clean, powdery scent on me (but not like baby powder), and I am not sure if that is due to the white amber, the snow, or a combination of those notes. The snow in this is not sweet, slushy, or pine-y, nor is it the really minty variety. I think there could be some white musk mixed with some ozone at play here... otherwise, the white amber is going powdery on me even though I haven't had that issue with it before. The bourbon vanilla just adds a light sweetness to the scent after a while and becomes slightly more noticeable after a few hours of wear, but it is not a main player on me. It ends up being powdery snow, white amber, and white mint with a very soft lavender note after three hours of wear.

I really enjoy the lavender and white mint, and I think the scent goes well with Brian's photo. It conjures images of white furs and soft, powdery snow. I just wish the beautiful lavender note had remained as strong as it was initially! I am going to let this rest some more and see if the vanilla comes out more as it ages.

In the Bottle: This smells cold in a distinctly minty way to me, mostly. I think the snow may be amping the mint in the bottle.

Wet: Still gotten some strong mint going on, though I can definitely smell the lavender as well. It's a little harder to catch some of the notes, but I figure they're keeping this a bit more reined in.

About an Hour Later: It's definitely gotten lighter now, a little less herbal and cold but it smells powdery and soft. I'm starting to smell something sweet and I think it's the vanilla and amber. In general, it smells fairly clean. If it always wears like this, I may need to try it out in a scent locket to see if it lasts longer that way.

It's certainly not bad, though in its fresh state, I'm not feeling getting a second bottle. This may be worth a shot, especially if lavender and mint are your thing, since it starts off so strong in the beginning.

Alas, the white amber in this goes kind of powdery and weird on me.  It does that on me in a lot of other scents, but not all of them - I can wear Fresh and Blooming as a Rose easily - so I had hopes.  Lavender and mint snow open this and are lovely until the white amber decides to kick in.  

Cool snowy lavender with a hint of amber. This one is a soft glowing lavender with amber. Medium throw and wear length.

On me this is very much a lavender scent. The other components work together to give the lavender a musky roundness to it. I'm not getting snow so much, more the lavender smells wetter to me. And occasionally I can pick out the mint, close to the skin. Overall, I would describe this as a strong, but rounded, lavender scent.

In the beginning the mint and lavender take turns wafting up, but eventually they start to blend - the amber and bourbon round things out and make them a bit softer. I don't get the powdery note some others have which is nice because I do sometimes have that happen with ambers. A fairly unique scent that I'm not sure how to categorize, but pleasant.

Schönperchten reminds me of the way Alisz was on me before it had had a few months to sit: mostly vanilla mint.

Sweet, snowy vanilla mint. I think of a white after-dinner mint. That's pretty much it for me.

Buuuut, Alisz's other notes showed up in lovely ways on my skin after it sat a few months. This one might do the same, but it was a friend's decant I sampled, so I will not know. 

Wet: Lots and LOTS of lavender(more on the herbal side), with mint and ozone.

Dry: Lavender(on the non-herbal side now), with a small hint of vanilla, mint, ozone. The throw is much, much weaker than the wet stage, BUT I do prefer the actual scent over the wet stage. I could see this as being more of a sleep scent. It's kind of like wrapping yourself in a lavender blanket after coming out of the snow.

Really, really pretty. This one might be a big bottle upgrade.

wet: I smell everything in my decant that's listed in the description--lavender, bourbon vanilla, kinda minty, and amber

dry: An hr later, I catch mostly amber with a hint of vanilla. I'm only getting a slight powdery note which has disappeared now that it's been 1.5 hrs since application and I can't find lavender! Nor mint! I'm so intrigued that my skin chemistry's so different. The amber that has my heart in recent times is Amber & Lace so if I'm buying something amber heavy, it won't be this 😕

Medium throw.

Edited by suslee
goofed an extra word

when I first put this on, the mint and lavender bring an immediate smile to my face. this is an uplifting scent! gentle and very pretty, lightly feminine in feel.  there's a sweetness from the vanilla but it doesn't go too foody for me.  there's something kind of innocent about this. It'd make a brilliant bath bomb. 

Eta wearing this reminds me of the last unicorn perfume. It doesn't contain white chocolate, but there's a creamy gentle sweetness to this that makes it feel like a scent cousin.

Edited by annemathematics

I'm from Austria and Perchten are living folklore here. Schön means pretty. (German word)

I'm no lavender fan, some lavender blends work like TKO or the air and the ether, but most don't. This doesn't either.

It's a herbal lavender on my skin first, that was strong but ok. But it develops into a soapy scent I can't stand. So Schön turns ugly on me unfortunately.

Very lavender forward, but it is a chilly lavender. A hint of some sort of snow note to this, but I can't place which one. There's also the mint, which isn't too strong, but lends a nice cooling effect.

The bourbon vanilla comes out a bit more with dry time. It isn't an overpowering vanilla scent, just kind of nice and creamy. It kind of helps cut the nose tickling edge to the lavender and mint.

The amber is a nice sweet fixative while also being apparent in the throw. It's nice and sweet.

Overall a nice blend but it didn't wow me.

I have no memory at all of having ordered this...I think I am losing it! I am assuming I thought it would make a great bedtime scent, I love the combo of lavender and mint.

Wet: Soft, cool, clean, sweet lavender. Lovely. It smells the way slipping between cool clean sheets feels. Glad I did order this, even if I can't remember it. The mint is not terribly strong, but it's present. Cool rather than COLD the way the lavender/mint combo of Anesthesia is. This is so refreshing. It would actually make a great summer bedtime scent, on a hot sticky night.

Dry: This will be an amazing sleep scent. It goes through several phases - first strong lavender, then the mint amps up and gives it a great cooling vibe. Then the lavender comes through strongly again but mixed with gorgeous sweet amber, also giving it great lasting power. New bedtime fave!!

I'm getting a slightly soapy lavender, I'm wondering if the white amber is the culprit.  Not getting any mint or bourbon vanilla, which disappoints me greatly.  This is just 'OK' on me, and I'll probably keep it, as I'm a lavender fiend, but I was expecting more.

eta:  I wore it to bed tonight, and was wondering where the cool beautiful amber/bourbon vanilla with a touch of lavender was coming from.  It seems the throw around me was quite amazing.  I am quite happy that this one seems to be changing for the better.

Edited by milo

Schönperchten goes the way of most lavender blends on my skin:  it starts out with a strong and lovely blast of lavender, which disappears fairly quickly, leaving me with minty snow that flirts with soapiness.  I can't make out much bourbon vanilla or amber, and the whole scent has a pretty short wear time on me.  But that is totally typical of my skin's chemistry with lavender, and with snow, so your experience will certainly vary.  I love to try lavender scents though they usually break my heart, but I don't wear mint at all and wouldn't have tried this had it not been for the generosity of a local forumite.  I'm happy I got to test it, but I'll be passing it on to someone whose skin is kinder to these notes.  

Lavender, vanilla, mint - what a dreamy combination. A perfect sleep blend, and also very Christmasy. I would love it as an atmosphere spray as well. This would especially be good for getting to sleep when you have a cold or sniffles. Putting on my "get a bottle" list.

Starts as an almost sharp herbally lavender and a hint of snow. After a while, it sweetens a bit more and gets a bit creamier and I can't tell if it's the bourbon vanilla or the amber or both. Neither show up horribly strong in a way that id be able to identify but they are definitely at play. It does soften and become a bit more complex, but remains lavender forward on me. It's calm, light, and has a soft glow. 

Even though I can't quite make out the notes individually, it's definitely different from my other lavender/snow blends. More herbal, less sweet though the vanilla is there, and more mature.