Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Sweet Strawberry Gingerbread

A holiday creation of Lilith’s! Squished strawberries and gingerbread with a touch of French vanilla and mint.

Sweet strawberry candy, whiff of vanilla and gingerbread. It's a ton ton ton of strawberry candy on me. For those of you that like candy blends, give this a whirl. Good throw and wear length.

wet: in the bottle all i get is a blast of strawberries - super sweet and juicy.

drydown: the gingerbread starts to emerge, lending a little spice and warmth, but it never goes full-on foodie. maybe it's the mint that's keeping it a little "fresh"? but i never detect mint as an individual note.  it starts to take on a little bit of a cabbage patch doll smell, but it never really turns plasticky soo yay! sweet strawberry is definitely the dominant note throughout wear - at first it seemed more like fresh, ripe strawberries, but on final drydown it blends with the other notes to be more hard candy. good wear and throw.  I see this wearing well in the spring or summer, maybe layer with extra gingerbread for true foodie/winter.

Wet: Strawberry candy! Not getting any gingerbread yet.

Dry: Still strawberry candy. Gingerbread.. where are you?! I love strawberry scents, but I wanted that gingerbread to appear!

This was not what I expected: Both sniffing from the decant and on my skin there is no sign of gingerbread. None. No mint, either. I get mostly sugary strawberry, vaguely reminiscent of that sought-after sufganiyot type but also slightly Strawberry Shortcake doll-esque. It sticks close to the skin and doesn't seem to last very long.

This was all sweet yummy strawberry! I knew it would be after reading reviews. I don’t get much gingerbread at all, but it’s still a glorious strawberry scent. Maybe with time the gingerbread will appear but I love the strawberry note til then ;) 

It’s got good throw and staying power too! 

This is a gooey jammy strawberry on me, backed by gingerbread spice faintly in the background.

I'm also not getting any mint, but there's some sweet vanilla backing, and its. quite nice, it's a touch artificial, but in a pleasant way!