Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

In the Imp (wet): Old lady. Really decaying old lady.

On me: Urgh, soap. Sickly sweet soap.

Another frimp from paperbacknovel! I had actually been wanting to try Eos for a long time; it's like she read my mind!

In the imp: I took a quick whiff of this one when I met up with my writing group The Kitchen Girls at the Union Square Barnes & Noble last night and my first impression was, "Whoa, Johnson & Johnson's baby lotion!" It's not a bad smell. I'm assuming it must be the skin musk because it does actually smell like glowing baby skin. I'm sort of surprised I'm not getting any florals.

Wet on skin: My skin loves those florals. It's still predominantly skin musk, although it's almost buttery, which I'm guessing is the buttercup. Sweet flowers and I can smell the pale yellow honeysuckle and white jasmine.

Drydown: Although it now smells nothing like Johnson & Johnson's baby lotion, there's something about it that really does remind me of baby skin. The way the top of my brother's head used to smell when he was an infant. The florals are still lingering around me in a beautiful warm early summer morning mist sort of way.

Throw and wearlength: Both are medium, although the skin musk clings to me long after the flowers are gone.

Lovely! I may have to buy a big bottle of this later.

Gorgeous!

In the imp:

Lush, squashy, pinkish-golden stickysweet floral. Smells like girl and summer.

On skin:

Lush, squashy, mostly-golden floral, with an increasingly noticeable skin musk scent. Like, literally, if you took a nap in your front lawn with your face in the buttercups, and woke up with the sun on your face, this is about where you'd be as you stretched and said 'Wow, I'm glad I don't have anywhere mundane to be right now!'.

Staying power is not all that long, sadly, but it's so nice that I am definitely getting a bottle ASAP.

For comparison's sake, I think it's a little like the Demon In My View scent Dreamland, only mostly-gold instead of mostly-pink.

IN THE IMP: Woah, strong, sweet floral. Heavy but not thick, though I don't think that makes much sense. Very white and yellow.

WET: Oh, there's a soap-ish note coming out. Uh oh. And still some honeysuckle. I guess it must be the jasmine doing this to me.

DRY: Honeysuckle soap. Oddly enough, I kind of like it. Must try again later and re-evaluate.

Pure jasmine in the vial and wet on skin. As it starts to dry I get other things, particularly the honeysuckle. The jasmine in this is very pungent and heady – just the way I like my jasmine to be. Fantastic for summer. There is a touch of something innocent about this fragrance, it conjures very summery afternoons for me. I love it.

Eos is all heady gorgeous jasmine wet on my skin. I love jasmine, so it's okay that it runs away with every jasmine blend I've tried.

On drydown, I get jasmine and honeysuckle, and it's lovely. No musk, so I'm not sure about the "skin" note. I'm reminded of the Sylvester Stallone/Antonio Banderas movie "Assasins" where the villian tracks Julianne Moore (see, it had redeeming features) through a crowded Carribean marketplace by the scent of her distinctive jasmine perfume.

Sadly, I'm looking for something deeper and more complex, so I'll pass on this, but it's great with my skin chemistry. My husband particularly liked it. Maybe something to revisit in the spring.

Best,

Tzi

I know this has buttercup and jasmine in it with what seems to be a soft skin musk. They are sweet and light and extremely spring-like. The thing, though, is that something about the way those notes meld together make me think of Easter lilies, pure and simple. I love that fragrance.

On me, this is a mature, sophisticated, heady floral. Just a little bit sweet. When I first put it on the jasmine was too strong, but when it's dry it's not so obnoxious. The scent is lighter than most jasmine blends I've tried.

People who like yellow florals should not miss this one. It's pretty.

got this as a frimp from someone. holy honeysuckle! that's mostly what i get from this. luckily the jasmine isn't overpowering like it can be with my skin chemistry. i am not a big fan of white florals, namely jasmine and honeysuckle, yet i appreciate this scent. it's very light and pretty, just not me.

At first I smell honeysuckle, and it's lovely. On my skin the jasmine comes out. It smells heavy, like spring florals coming out for the first time. It's a floral full of warmth and sunshine. It just reminds me of the first really hot day in spring. Sunshine, flowers blooming, and 85 degree temperatures. :P

in the imp: a lovely jasmine, and an undernote of something i can't define. very nice.

wet on skin: more jasmine, and some lilac showing itself. wow, is this floral! :P

dry down: a heavy jasmine/lilac combo.

in all: this reminds me a LOT of both a solid hippie perfume my mom let me wear as a toddler (i tried to eat it!) and also of a suntan lotion i wore as a teenager. too loaded with associations for me, but i suggest this to anyone who loves a complex and heavy floral.

in the imp, i can smell the jasmine, and something sweet, then i can smell the jasmine turning into this weird smell that doesn't agree with me. i don't think i like this enough to try it - i keep smelling it and it smells more and more like candied jasmine.

Very pretty floral scent. I have nothing against jasmine, and that's the big note for me in this scent. I don't like honey, though. I can smell it here, whether it's the honeysuckle, or the softly glowing skin note, I'm not sure. Anyway, not a scent I would really wear, but it's beautifully presented.

Eos wins the prize for "best throw so far" on me; I've had some decent ones, but not ones that I can smell without my nose pointed anywhere near my arm. It's a beautiful (powerful!) jasmine on me, and I think I'll be hanging on to it for summer and using very sparingly. I can detect a bit of the musk and honeysuckle, but I'm getting mostly jasmine - which is just fine by me!

In the bottle: Jasmine, something green, sharp.

Wet: Softer, still very jasmine-y, but now somewhat herbal, with a nice sweetness.

Dry: The buttercup has come out, and I think it's too sharp-green for me.

Summary: The buttercup has faded, leaving a sweet-heady jasmine and honeysuckle blend - quite nice! Still, I think I'm going to give up on jasmine.

Imp: Soft, soapy skin with a touch of sweet floral. Soapy skin sounds unpleasant but it smells just like clean, freshly washed skin warming in the sun. It's gorgeous.

Wet: The skin musk sort of settles into my own skin scent and the honeysuckle and jasmine bloom instantly. The buttercup comes along at about the two minutes mark, lending a buttery quality to the whole scent.

Dry: Oh my goodness, this is divine. The honeysuckle is the dominant scent, with the jasmine close behind. This is sweet, and heady and completely lush and gorgeous. I smell like some sort of delightful meadow nymph that naturally smells this way because I'm magic! How absolutely lovely.

Throw: Some.

Overall: The boy wandered in while I was writing my review and grabbed my wrist for a sniff. His impression? "This is like the orgasm one (La Petite Mort) but..." Pregnant pause. "More... better." I have to say I agree. Big bottle!

Eos

This has all of my favorite notes in it and I had high expectations for it. I loooooooooove jasmine and honeysuckle is my favorite scent of all time.

In the bottle it smells extremely floral-perfumey.

On my skin, it is strongly floral at first, then settles down into a muted, generic floral perfume smell. It also faded from my skin fairly quickly, but this is not unusual for me.

It's just okay. I chose a lot of florals for my first order and against them this one is nice, but it simply does not stand out. I'll use the imp up but I don't really see a big bottle in my future.

Eos

I tried this one on without checking to see what notes were in it first. I am getting all florals today it seems. This is the third floral I've tried out of my pile of new things to try.

In the imp: florals, not sure which ones except for jasmine

Wet: Jasmine, jasmine, jasmine

Dry: Hi, jasmine, hi. I have come to the conclusion that the reason I hate jasmine is that I amp it so strongly. It's just super strong on me and I do not like the way it smells. It almost leaves a numb kind of feeling in my nose and the back on my throat when I smell it, along with a headache.

I never get any of the other notes in Eos (heh, I finally checked to see what it was supposed to be). Buttercups are one of the few florals that I like (more of a childhood memory thing, I suppose), but I do not smell them here. This is definitely one for jasmine lovers. I had to go wash it off though.

In bottle: Early spring. The floral combination is unusual for something in a bottle. Wet: jasmine on top with the other florals supporting. It is very intense. Dry; Mellows into a musky floral, rather heavy as the jasmine lasts longer than other elements.

Gah, this smells like floral DOOM in the imp. Honeysuckle is one of my fail notes, so I don't think this will work on me. Also, a bit soapy smelling. Ah well, never know how these things morph on the skin...

Ahhh, yeah, this is really strong honeysuckle and soap when I first apply it...thankfully, it quickly mellows. I also start to get the occasional whiff of jasmine.

Honestly, this isn't bad, and I actually think it is a rather nice scent for what it is, but it just isn't for me. It gets better and better as it dries down completely and melds with your natural skin smell, but I would not buy it. If you like clean/fresh honeysuckle and jasmine though, I would absolutely recommend this blend!

I have to agree with the reviewer before me; this scent really does mellow out over time. At first all I could smelly was very strong honeysuckle, but it's quieted down and I think I can smell a bit of the skin. It reminds me faintly of sunscreen and of walking by a row of honeysuckles on a warm summer day. It goes a bit soapy but I think I'll keep it... it reminds me of visiting my grandma's house by the beach, for some reason.

In the imp it seems light and flowy, a clean scent with the definite floral vibe. On my skin it's amping buttercup and honeysuckle and reminds me of a giant garden. It is a bit intense for wrist wearing, but I would love this behind the ears/neck/cleavage to get lovely floral wafts all day.

Overall, a happy spring/summer scent and going in the keeper pile. No bottle for me, but the imp will be loved. It's a traditional "perfume" scent to me, but I really like it. I feel like I'm all pollen-covered and sunshine filled when I get a sniff. Lovely, clean and sweet. 3.5/5

Eos is so pretty! It's like she's sunnily, stunningly, smiling at me. A golden-pink, scintillating scent, mostly lilies with notes of bluebell and other flowers I can't identify. Flowers, flowers, flowers, without any greenery, woods or aquatics.

I said she was pretty and I meant it, but she's kind of overbearingly pretty for me. Eos' dazzling joyful smile makes me have to squint after a bit. I can see how this would be nice in a sachet or a bath, though.

ETA: after trying this in the bath, I ventured back into applying Eos on my skin and now I really like it. It's not the kind of scent I feel "at home" in, but I can see wearing it for a sunny, dressy day out where it would really shine. I think the main note I get after drydown now is the honeysuckle; at any rate it's not a note that's familiar to me, and I really enjoy it.

Edited by odalisque

In the imp: Very floral (almost overpowering) and girly.

Wet: I mostly smell the honeysuckle. I detect a hint of jasmine, but it's not overpowering.

Dry: The buttercup sort of makes an appearance on me, but not for long! The jasmine scent comes on a little more strongly, but for some reason, I mostly smell the honeysuckle after it's all said and done.

Overall: I like honeysuckle and I like jasmine, but I don't really like them together in this blend for some reason. Maybe it's the buttercup? I don't know.