Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

Honeysuckle, jasmine and buttercups! This is the most yellow scent I've encountered so far! This is a very soft, warm and yellow smell. Very gentle! Another wonderful floral perfume!

Eos

I'd call this a BPAL-generic (white?) floral: honey sweet and slightly decaying or tropical. I'd say lilies, but I seem to recall honeysuckle. Swedish honeysuckle does not smell like this, but the American variety may be headier. It's also slightly soapy, at least on my skin. Not my cuppa.

The description for this makes me think of my mummy. Isn't that nauseatingly adorable? :P

In the Imp: Wet, luscious, juicy flowers. Jasmine and honeysuckle and.... yeah, sure, okay, I'll bite and say it's buttercup (although I don't think I've ever actually noticed that buttercups have a scent.) Pure floral, but nice floral. Very summery and soothing.

Wet: The jasmine dominates, with honeysuckle doing a little dance on top of it. Really lovely... uncomplicated and refreshing. Reminds me a lot of Black Dahlia, only, if possible, even sweeter. I bet the Boy will like this one; he seems to favour jasmine on me.

Dry: Doing a side-by-side sniff test with Black Dahlia, I see that Eos is much lighter and less smoky. The honeysuckle is really noticeable, adding a gorgeous sweetness to the jasmine and buttercup. It's like a daytime version of BD, although they're both fairly tame. Me likes! Not enough to get a bottle, I think, but probably enough to keep the Imp, and, with my record with florals, that's stunning.

The jasmine jumps to the forfront of this heavy floral right away, overwhelming the other notes with my chemistry, which woefully is a poor mix with jasmine. A lover of floral perfumes would be fond of this I'm sure, as Eos does seem a beauty, but alas, she cannot stay with me.

The first time I tried this, it was okay, but not too great. Nice, but would have been nicer without the dishsoapy overtones.

The second try went a lot better. It was still a little remeniscent of dishsoap both in the bottle and wet on my wrist (I gather from other reviews that's the buttercup?). However, this was very lovely, expensive dishsoap from the kitchen of an elegant lady. Plus, it went away very quickly. What remained after drying was the warmth and sweetness of the honeysuckle, with the jasmine keeping it from being too sweet. Just lovely. I keep sniffing my wrists obsessively. Definitely a keeper.

Eos - I’ve heard from a few others on whom BPAL jasmine doesn’t work that Eos was an exception. I tried not to get my hopes up…but I was still hoping against hope that when I tried it on, it would work. And it did. It smelled exactly like jasmine should smell – soft and sweet and white and dreamy. It was pure bliss to finally find a BPAL scent with jasmine that I can wear and enjoy. I don’t know if it’s a different type of jasmine or if it’s just the combination of it with the other notes used in this blend, but my skin immediately smelled gloriously delightful and I couldn’t keep my nose away from my wrist. It’s not overpowering, and it has a decent amount of throw, and it seems to last for several hours. I love it and I’m holding on tight to my imp!

Wet, this is pure, vivid jasmine, which is ok with me (I know it's not for many). It dries down into a blend that I'm less fond of - it turns a bit soapy, which is my first experience with that phenomenon. Too bad - it should be a lovely, pretty bouquet, I just turned it funky.

I was looking for a scent to mimic the honeysuckle blooming in our yard. This goes jasminey on me, a pleasant kind of non descript floral.

This is beautiful. It's floral without being cloying or overly flowery. And the term "softly glowing skin" is perfect. This is warm and sexy and says "Come closer..." It gives me the mental image of a women provocatively tipping he rhead back for her lover to lean and a breathe deeply before he kisses her. Yeah. It's hot. I need a bottle of this.

Eos is really nice. It's mostly honeysuckle, with the jasmine coming out a short while later. Jasmine, to put it nicely, does not tickle my nose. However, in Eos, there's only a slight whiff of jasmine, and it only enhances the sweet, glow-y feel of Eos. It dries down to a very sweet, yellow floral. It's quite nice, but still not my style.

bottle: yellow! I can only smell yellow! It's blinding! ...but in a good way..oh there it is: Buttercup.

Wet: buttercup and jasmine; very floral

dry:turned to floral soap:(

Wow this one is LIGHT. It's almost not there but just enough to where you know you have something on. I think the main scent is the honeysuckle. This is a lovely and very floral scent.

This scent rather reminds me of a toned down Tiger Lily: all honey and sweetness and flowery fields and good, warm things. It's comforting and lovely, but it's quite tame. If you like honey and florals, I don't see a reason NOT to try an imp of this!

I received this as a frimp in a forum swap and although jasmine (and florals in general) never work on me, I have made a vow to try every imp I get my hands on. I offer the following caveat to this review; my skin amps jasmine like crazy.

In the imp: Sweet, heavy florals. Getting a lot of the jasmine.

On the skin, wet: Jasmine, heavy, sweet overwhelming jasmine.

On the skin, dry: Still very heavy jasmine.

Final Analysis: Alas, my body chemistry strikes again. No notes aside from jasmine came through in this. Off to the swaps.

Very strong jasmine when first applied, but it tones down in a few minutes. If jasmine notes tended to dominate on your skin, then I would suggest this one for you. I can smell the honeysuckle, but mainly it's all jasmine. A really nice scent, once it settles down.

A light and lovely feminine floral. The jasmine is the first thing I notice, and the honeysuckle and buttercup combine to form a creamy floral undertone. This does cling very close to the skin, and is perfect for the goddess of the glowing skin. This is the kind of scent you wear when you know you are going to get very, VERY close to someone; if ya know what I mean. :P It would be lovely to have a guy think this is the natural smell my neck gives off!! A pretty blend, but not strong enough for me.

Very feminine and floral. I'm getting a pretty even mix of Jasmine and Honeysuckle. It's a little too much *pure* floral for me but I'm liking the scent anyway...trying to think hard of someone who could where this!

This is a very light floral on my skin, with jasmine being the primary flower. Since this is the jasmine that is quite evil with my skin chemistry, I am now smelling soap and honeysuckle on my skin. A sharp soap at that! It's a shame, since honeysuckle is a flower I do enjoy from time to time.

Why must jasmine do this to me? Why?! :P

Eos-

In Bottle: Hmm, sweetness, but a slightly sour note as well.

Wet: Mmm, bright honeysuckle bloom. That little bit of sour does follow.

Dry: No, the sour goes right away! This is pretty and floral and light and a lovely mixture of the jasmine and honeysuckle.

Overall: I like, for being a floral!

i HATE jasmine. but i don't smell it so much in this blend, strangely enough.

this reminds me of something from a long time ago....

oh! it smells like the Haalsa Marigold Shampoo i used when i was little.

it really does smell yellow... not really honeysuckle, and certainly not jasmine, but dandelions and buttercups and other spring-y flowers.

Holy jasmine, Batman! I get a smidge of honeysuckle with this, but mostly it's jasmine. Not as awful as jasmine usually is on me, but it's still not quite right with my skin. I may give this one another shot later though.

Eos is so pretty - a really lovely, bright, springtime, sun-warmed floral. Just smelling it made me happy. I adore honeysuckle, and although jasmine tends to go sour on me, here it seemed to behave itself -- but not quite, I'm sorry to say.

Ultimately not for me, but really lovely, and the jasmine is quite light in this blend.

IN BOTTLE: Sweet, yet borderline soapy. It's very clean, in any case.

FIRST APPLIED: Ho-diggity, this is very strong! And extremely floral on me. I can definately smell the jasmine, more than anything, and a bit of honeysuckle, which might be the soapy smell.

DRY-DOWN: I smell lilies. Lots of lilies. It smells exactly like that thick, rubbery texture of the lilies commonly found in Easter boquet - and fitting, for the scent, though lilies weren't in the mix.

It's still very strong on me - my boyfriend says he can smell it across the room.

I like the scent - it's very fresh and floral, but a little TOO floral. While it's attractive, it's not a "me" scent. I wouldn't order a bottle of it, but who knows, it may grow on me.

Edited by ☆ a n o w y n ☆

bottle: jasmine. it is my friend.

wrist: jasmine, honeysuckle/buttercup is taking over though! >( BUT, this is one of my fave jasmine blends. my mom can handle it!!! so glad its GC <3333333

Bottle/Wand: Wow, flowers. Honeysuckle? Definitely honeysuckle. LOTS of honeysuckle. And jasmine. And yeah, buttercup. Not as much buttercup? I've never really smelled TONS of buttercups, because, well, buttercups don't spit out scent like jasmine and honeysuckle does.

Wet: Mmm, much less sweet. Not so much honeysuckle anymore. The first note is the skin, and then... jasmine.

Drydown: I think the buttercup is starting to come out. The honeysuckle is REALLY fading into the background, which is nice, because it was very overwhelming on the wand. It's much more sweet now, in a white-scent way. The jasmine, methinks. It smells white-yellow. Pretty faint, though. Not much throw. Gotta put my nose right in it. And. Um. Why is my wrist starting to itch?

Dry: Ooh, the honeysuckle's back, just a little. The honeysuckle and the jasmine are the first notes. Mmm. I smell the skin, somewhere back there, and there's the buttercups, a little... This is nice. It's sweet. It's... flowery. But faint. I wonder if my skin just sucks the scent up? This is nice. I like the flowery.

Final: Mmm, flowers. I'm so keeping this imp. I don't really like the scent enough to buy a bottle, but I will totally keep the imp. Maybe buy more when I run out.