Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

eos.jpg

The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

Whoever said this smells like Easter hit the nail right on the head. I smell the "heliotrope" jelly beans, the flowers on the table for midday dinner, some mysterious perfume that some lady wore to church, the first heat of Spring. It is lucious and though it is definately floral, it is childlike and simple in the most perfect way. I will treasure my imp of Eos, but will wait until January to order it, it will be the most wonderful vernal surprise.

Oh, lovely. This is the most yellow scent I have ever smelled, and perfect for early spring (too bad it found its dear little way to me at the end of the summer!).

I cannot believe Beth has recreated the scent of buttercups...which to me was always somewhat weird and un-flower-like for such sweet wee blossoms. The lucious jasmine is there too, but for me the anchor of this oil is the buttercup. I am completely floored and rather undone by this unusual scent.

I still can't bloody believe Beth hit "buttercup" so squarely on the head! :D :D What a woman... :P

In bottle: honeysuckle tempered by something--maybe the "skin" component

Wet: honeysuckle, a little powdery, but not bad

Dry: soft, sweet honeysuckle. A little too sweet for me, but will try as room fragrance; has pretty good staying power

me and jasmine have never gotten along well. this is a woman’s perfume, extremely floral. it smells like what ladies wear to church on easter. the sweet honeysuckle and buttercup are quite nice in the background, but the jasmine just makes this impossible for me to enjoy. into the swap pile it goes.

I have an idea of what jasmine and honeysuckle smell like, but that's not what I smelled when I put Eos on, although to be fair, I have no idea what buttercup smells like. My skin did not react to this scent very well; what I got was a fake-floral scent (sadly, very artificial). And when I woke up the next morning, I had a huge, red welt where I'd applied the oil. I won't be buying a big bottle of this and I probably won't be using up the imp either.

Soft and sweet honeysuckle fading into spicey Jasmine. Gorgeous, feminine and light, this lingers on me and then just suddenly dissapears a few hours later. While pretty, it didn't do anything spectacular on me and I wish there had been some more notes that stuck around other than the Jasmine with my chemistry.

Eos

in vial: jasmine

wet: jasmine and sweet honeysuckle

dry: jasmine is the dominant note...long lasting (about 8 hours)

verdict: too much jasmine for me...off to swaps

When I got my Imps in the mail from this order I sniffed them all and put the ones I didn't think I'd end up liking in a pile. Of those I re-read the descriptions to see what drew me to them, and what I thought I'd like about them. In three (Suspiro, Eos, Muse) I found a common element - Jasmine.

It's softer and possibly creamier than the Suspiro. I think that the all floral fragrances are just not "me" I need something younger and more fruity. It's okay, it reminds me of something you could buy at a department store. On someone else I think I might actually like it. It's lighter and not as in your face as some florals which I'm discovering I don't like as much as I thought I did.

This one didn't really change at all on me.

It is very soft, pretty, and feminine. It is a floral for sure. It has floral notes that I really like, but I guess I just haven't been in the mood for awhile for purely floral scents. It just isn't feeling like me.

Obviously, if you don't like florals you should stay away from this scent. If you don't like jasmine, you should stay away from this scent. I told myself that and it still didn't stop me from trying Eos. I never listen to common sense.

I am fond of honeysuckle if it is very light. It's a strong, perfumey honeysuckle in Eos though. The overwhelming honeysuckle is also coupled with an overwhelmingly strong jasmine.

This is headache inducing jasmine at its best (worst?). It's so strong and smoky that it actually started to make me feel dizzy. Another blend where the jasmine and florals just went way too strong on me and made me sick. :P

I can't even explain how awful this is. It is FLORAL. The loud kind of floral that makes me prejudice against all florals. Boo on you, jasmine.

Add me to the "can't believe this smells so much like buttercups" faction. I smell jasmine and definite buttercup, with strong musk. This is heady-floral without being sweet. It captures the idea of Eos really well, in my opinion, but isn't something I want to smell like.

Sniffing the imp: Oh no - the dreaded jasmine! But I have to try it on as you never know...

Wet on wrist: This is beautiful, but too strong smelling for me, and the jasmine in it is really affecting my sinuses, as jasmine always does. Plus, the honeysuckle is competing for attention, and while I love honeysuckle, these two are both playing really hard!

Drier: Hmmm...this is really starting to embody Ostara, now, which is one of my favourite times of year. I love the Spring...the first few buds peeking through, and dew on the grass in the morning. I wish I could wear it. Buttercup just sounds so nice for that time of year, too, but I am just not smelling it yet.

Dry: Well, I have been wearing this for a few hours now, and I can't stop sniffing my wrist! I really, really like this!! When it dried down and faded a bit, the scents merged into a precious sweetness that speaks of Spring. I am drifting away to my younger years, walking to school on the most beautiful Spring day, inhaling the blossoms on the trees, finally out of the winter coat and boots and wearing white knee socks and mary jane shoes. Dreaming of Easter morning, seeing my Ukranian Grandmother's beautifully decorated Easter eggs, and imagining digging into the chocolate bunny and the coloured candy eggs come Sunday morning.

Yes, I am so glad I stuck out that initial jasmine as now I want this in a large size, come Spring, for Ostara. This is definitely a very happy, very yellow scent! :P

First sniff: You know those scents that are just so impossibly wonderful you make that first inhalation last as long as possible, until your lungs are complaining? Yeah. Sun-warmed honeysuckle is about the only thing I can identify, but there’s more going on here, and I can’t concentrate on it because it smells TOO DAMN GOOD.

Wearing: Snrfmfgnnn. I’m in love. This is just sweet enough, and very warm. It’s everything that was good about the single-note honeysuckle, with a wonderful sunny warmth.

This scent is compsed of everything I don't like. Haha. Jasmine being the number one culprit.

I got this in a swap, unfortuantly I'll have to pass this along to someone else as well. Eos just isn't for me ><

Eos is very true to description on me: jasmine, honeysuckle, and buttercups. There's just something about the smell of buttercups that I cannot resist. It really is a kind of captured innocence, and although I prefer the Songs of Experience in general, Eos is a lovely, simple, carefree blend that will be perfect in the spring.

Eos: Honeysuckle, with a bit of a bitter edge to it.

On: Lovely sweet honeysuckle, with the jasmine starting to amp up.

Dry: The jasmine has gone bitter, as it often does on me, but the other sweet florals keep it under control somewhat. There's a bit of a baby-oil smell, which keeps it from being a true winner on me.

Pure jasmine at first--a very syrupy floral, white but tending towards yellow. It develops depth as it dries, becoming the sort of floral that you might want to drown in. And believe me, that's weird coming from me (not a floral kind of gal). It's close to the skin, rich, and very second skin, despite it being emphatically floral. It's also got just a tinge of spice that I wonder if I'm not imagining. It's gorgeous, but probably not something I'd end up wearing.

at first: pretty and light. floral.

on: jasmine and other flowers. very, very pretty.

2 hours later: warm and floral and lovely. for some reason, this reminds me of the talking / singing flowers in the disney version of alice in wonderland.

3.5 hours later: powdery, soft, and floral.

overall: even though this is truly lovely, i'm going to have to part with it. i just don't see myself wearing it often.

This smells like my childhood in Louisiana, midsummer. My family had a fence row full of honeysuckle and buttercups and this smell just... sighs. The love... The jasmine seems like it played in somewhere, but I don’t remember any in the yard. I normally hate wearing strong floral smells, but The Lab has changed my mind.

In Bottle: Sweet honey floral.

On Skin: The first thing this scent makes me think of is summer and suntan oil. Super strong floral. The jasmine seems drowned by the honeysuckle and the buttercup is also a bit lighter. This scent has some major throw and gives off a very yellow/orange warm feeling. But I am not a fan of florals so this one is off to the swaps. Edit: After about 10 minutes the jasmine shines through, a lot! It takes the scent over almost completely.

This is more "perfume-y" than I usually like for myself, but it's so warm and pretty. Sweet, but not too sweet. Absolutely filled with tender young sunlight, buttercup-yellow, birdsong-joyous, divine goddess light pouring into the open hearts of flowers. It's well-named indeed, and reminds me of the painting The Gates of Dawn by Herbert Draper:

http://www.midnight-muse.com/1hdgate.htm

Edited by midnightmuse

I have a friend online who uses the nickname "Eos", and she is a wonderful, gentle, sweet and generally lovely lady. This scent smells exactly the way she is. It really is the essence of Eos.

One of the few floral scents I can recognize is lilac, and that's what I smelled when I opened Eos... so I was surprised to see that it wasn't listed as a note. All I can think is that it must smell remarkably like honeysuckle. At any rate, this is a gorgeous, soft floral on me. It wasn't perfumey or soapy or powdery, it was just consistantly beautiful and dreamy. I'm highly pleased with this one. Eos has a subtle green note in the background that gives it an herbal feel and maybe that's what keeps it from being overly floral.

It lasted all day on me, though it did fade slightly, which is to be expected with any wearable scent. High marks all across the board, in my opinion.

This is one of those sneaky ones. The description didnt really catch my eye at first, but the imp snuck in with my order... thanks, lab!

Anyway, eos blew me away.

It's soft and floral but at the same time warm, golden, strong and powerful. It is delicious in the bottle, but when it is applied to my skin it morphs into something so magically good I can't even explain it. It really has a power to it.

5ml is on the way, and i am rationing that dang imp in the meantime.

This was my frimp so I had no idea what to expect. :P

In the bottle: ARRR! Men's cologne! So Strong! Gack! *chokes* *falls over* *twitches*

On my skin: the florals.. . they're trying to kill me. . . *wheeze*

This is such a huge NO-NO on me. Looking at the ingredients, I see why: jasmine. BPAL jasmine just does not work on my skin. Another one for the swap pile! Uhm, but to make it clear: I'm still grateful for a frimp!