Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

This was a giftimp from the lab (though it was on my wish list). Thanks, lab! :P

Eos is very, very pretty. It's a girly, light floral scent that really glows. I smell mostly buttercups, with a bit of honeysuckle. The jasmine shows up a bit at drydown. The perfect scent for celebrating spring. :D

Imp: Powerful. Jasmine, maybe a hint of honeysuckle?, a bit of that almost-cheesy polleny smell of buttercups (which I like). A tiny dab'll do ya, this is potent.

Wet, dry, and forever: Overpowering headache-inducing jasmine. :P I was SO hoping I'd get the all-honeysuckle effect others talked about. Had to scrub this off.

I LOVE Eos. Love it so much I just ordered a 5ml--only my third 5ml of the regular collection in a year and a half of buying BPAL. (Well, I kept it company on the way with 5mls of Snake Oil and Whip. :P )

Eos is warm, golden, sexy without being sexual (ie, can wear it to work), comfy. It melds perfectly with my skin, and like few other BPAL scents, it smells like *me* but a thousand times better (Snow White is the other I can think of). "Softly glowing skin" is a perfect description. It's very spring/summery but I can also see wearing it in the winter when I need reminding of nice sunny weather.

I can't really pull out notes on this one, but it's definitely floral with other stuff in it, honey which is probably the honeysuckle, and jasmine for sure. I'm not sure, but I think I can recognize buttercup as well in the sunniness.

In short: love it!

Eos is a wonderful "second skin"-type smell. It lingers all day long thanks to the lasting power of honeysuckle. Truly warm as the fingers of dawn, and just as welcome.

I just got this in a swap and I LOVE it. :P

It's not the cloying floral I sometimes come across. The jasmine is not very strong and the honeysuckle is heavenly. A wonderful blend that is just perfect for the hot summer days to come.

I decided to wait and try this first on Easter morning.

It is a soft, warm, and bright jasmine and remains consistent as it dries down. Jasmine often amplifies on my skin, but in this blend it was not overwhelming.

The other notes remain in the background, though I can pick out the honeysuckle if I try. This blend reminds me of the scent of lilies, though there is no lily note in it.

Honeysuckle was the first thing that I smelled in the bottle.

Wet: Honeysuckle and buttercup

Dry: Jasmine with a touch of buttercup

I am not a big fan of jasmine, but this one is very soft. I like jasmine with these notes.

In the bottle...Sharp scent. I had to pull back a little. I am guessing maybe it was the jasmine. I have an untrained nose so I cant say for certain. I wish the single notes were still around.

Wet...I almost didnt put this on my skin because of the sharp smell. Once it did hit the skin it did tone down some. Still plenty of jasmine.

Drydown...This transformed into something light and very beautiful.

Several hours later....It still smells beautiful, even more so. I am thinking the honeysuckle really came out. It was almost a sweet smell but of course very floral.

Verdict...I dont know if I want to buy a bottle yet since there are so many I have yet to try. I have an imp box to get thru, but I will definitely finish my imp.

Eos:

Eos is a very light floral.. the jasmine is delicate, and the buttercup and honeysuckle compliment it well. As Andrabell said, it's a perfect springtime/Easter scent.

Initial Sniff: Honeysuckle and jasmine.

Wearing: Wet, the honeysuckle dominates. As this dries, it melds with the other florals and forms this glorious golden scent. It is sweet and floral and just gorgeous. As it dries a little more, however, it goes very soapy.

Final Impressions: I thought for a moment I was going to have to buy a 5ml bottle of this RIGHT NOW. However, I'm not overly fond of the soapy drydown, so my imp will do me just fine.

in the bottle: Honeysuckle and jasmine.

I love honeysuckle, and it plays so well with jasmine, the two really smell beautifull together. This reminds me alot of New Orleans. But where New Orleans is a more sophisticated and rich smelling scent, Eos is young and playfull and a bit sweeter than New Orleans.

I bought a 5 ml. of this and was worried that perhaps I had acted too rashly. Was this *really* the scent I loved so much just two weeks ago?

Upon first application--whoa, don't get in an elevator with me! This is a very heady, thick, strong jasmine. My advice to all of you is, GO EASY. You slatherers (and you know who you are), restrain yourself, please!

The heady jasmine did turn soapy on me, but I don't see that as necessarily a bad thing at all.

But then, oh, then, I get this creamy floral drydown. Is that buttercup? I like buttercup.

I didn't get much honeysuckle, but that's okay, I have Anathema coming any day now...

Eos was a little sharp in the vial, but as soon as I applied it turned into a soft, really pretty floral on my skin.

It is not always a good sign when I find a scent pretty, as prettiness alone is usually not enough to keep me interested. I tend to tire of florals rather quickly. But Eos has something else, something more that I cannot quite pinpoint. All I know is that I keep sniffing my arm and the more I smell Eos, the more I like it.

While most florals are white or pale pink scents to me, this one makes me think of a soft, subdued yet glowing yellow. Beautiful and very refined.

Half an hour into drydown, Eos gets absolutely stunning as each floral note becomes distinct from the others and perfectly recognizable: here is the jasmine, the highest note as usual, this is the glorious honeysuckle and there is the buttercup, rounding the blend into a gorgeous creaminess.

Need I say that I am in love? :P

Once again, hats off to Beth's recent creations. This is the fifth or sixth scent from my latest order that goes straight on the bottle list!

On me, this scent lasts hours and hours and hours. Unfortunately, there's something in it that disagrees with my skin and turns cloying and soapy in turns.

Luckily, even though it turns funny on my skin, it smells FABULOUS in my hair! Everything I wanted it to be, and more. It's glowy and golden and womanly, and lasts forever. I don't know if I need a big bottle, but I'll probably be stockpiling imps for my hair mist.

I hadn't read the reviews for Eos before trying it and couldn't recall what was in it, so it made for an interesting first wearing! :P

I could definitely smell the jasmine, but I wouldn't have guessed the other notes were buttercup and honeysuckle. I SWEAR I smelled some lavender, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Eos is a very feminine, relaxing blend. So relaxing, in fact, I erroneously thought it was one of the Dream blends, like Somnus or Baku. Eos chilled me out and made me want to take a nice, hot bath. I think I may even get a big bottle just to attempt to make my own bath bombs. Even a few drops of Eos would be lovely in a bath. Ahhhhh.....

On

Fresh floral

Wow, this is really, really pretty. Slightly sweet (not too sweet at all), and if I close my eyes and ignore the "notes" I get a very definite visual of smell young love, sweet rose, apple and honey. It's medium pink (not light, not dark) for a visual.

30 minutes

It hasn't changed (yay).

If you like being young, and in love during the Springtime, you'll love this blend.

It's not too conservative, not too immature and sweet, not too floral.

Throw:

Light medium

Scent category:

Floral (fresh floral)

Summary

Um...this is perfection in a bottle. It's a perfect mix of floral, fresh, fruity.

And it doesn't fade as much as alot of blends do. Yay!

It's a slam dunk Beth.

Purchase again?

YES! Hostage taking, non critical organ selling, whatever it takes.

1-5 rating (5 being best).

5 <---Yes, it's a five.

This smells of honeysuckle and jasmine, though I can’t say I know what buttercup smells like. The honeysuckle eventually overtakes the jasmine, making this almost a single note. This is lovely.

This is one of the few BPALs I've wanted to love based on name alone. Unfortunately, I can only like, not love, honeysuckle and jasmine, both of which are extremely heavy and heavy in BPAL blends. Occasionally when I dab this on, the buttercup peeks out; pretty, delicate little buttercup! Oh, if only it peeked out more often, then I might consider a 5 ml! But sadly...no :P

This was a gift from the lab for me.

At first, it was way too strong. All I could smell was that icky, strong jasmine smell.

After the drydown, however, something wonderful happened. It turned into a soft, creamy floral...a buttery floral. The strength of the jasmine went away, and now my wrist smells delicate and beautiful.

This is so pretty.

It starts as a light, sweet floral scent, not cloying and not sharp but perfectly balanced. About an hour later, the scent suddenly deepends and becomes warmer and more complex. The progression seems to be from jasmine to buttercup to honeysuckle, and I think there may besome honey here too. It lasts and has a pretty good throw for a soft floral scent.

:P

You know, I'm still not quite sure why/how the Excolo scents were culled from their original categories in the permanent catalogue but I have to say I think this is my favorite category now ... so many of my favorites put in here ...

In the bottle I just adore this ... golden buttery Florida florals, memories of my childhood.

This is one of my absolutely favorite BPAL florals ... an ecstatic scent that evokes bright yellow cheer, a fun spring scent ...

On a scale of 1-5 I give it a very high 4.

Jasmine is the dominant note here but it's softened and balanced by the honeysuckle and buttercup. This is a golden yellow or white light surrounding you type of scent. It does remind me of childhood. Really nice for spring and summer. This thankfully did not go soapy or powerdery on me like some florals do.

In the Bottle: Very floral. Delicate though.

On Skin: Very floral, delicate, innocent. I would call it whispy. It has a golden quality to it, like the sun playing on your face in the early morning.

The jasmine reminds me to Yuki-Onna. But where Yuki-Onna is wintry and sharp, this is gentle warmth, like waking up in spring.

On Drydown: There is a tinge of green at the end, which keeps this from being overly sweet. The jasmine is more predominant at the end.

Verdict: It reminds me to Nuit but I think I like Eos better.

ETA:

7/29/07: It definitely reminds me to Gibbous Moon. Since I have a bottle GM, I think I'll let this imp go. On the other hand, once my GM bottle is gone, I know what to replace it with.

Edited by zankoku_zen

This was a freebie and it surprisingly suits me very well.

In the bottle: light white floral

Wet: (I cannot find the stopper to this because when it popped out I lost my grip and it went flying somewhere in my apartment, with and erstwhile splash to my right cheek) Once Eos touched my cheek the it turned a little incency, which I thought made the white floral aspect of it a little more captivating. I cannot pick out any single notes when this is on my skin. It simply smells feminine and enveloping.

Dry: definately white floral and incence. Reminds me of very expensive incence pyramids you can buy at home stores, but I smell nothing like a home. *raises eyebrow*

Verdict: I will really enjoy wearing this, but will not buy a bottle because I don't freak out and constantly smell my wrists. I am, however, aware that everyone is surprisingly enchanted with my aroma today (even my cat).

This can be described as just plain pretty. It's light and the jasmine and honeysuckle merge into a soft, springlike day. This is innocence in a bottle. It kind of melts into my skin and becomes a breathtakingly clear floral. Another genius concoction from Beth and the lab.