Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

A pretty jasmine/honeysuckle blend. It also reminds me of New Orleans. Warm and heady. I don't know how much I'll wear it, but I'll keep the imp.

The concept of this is very elegant, but my skin decided to turn Eos into a jasmine scent of doom. Don't get me wrong, it's super pretty and there's a faint sweetness below that must be the honeysuckle - this would be perfect for someone who loves Jasmine! I can't stand strong Jasmine, though, so this is a no go. sigh.

imp: buttercup and honeysuckle. and hoo-boy, are they ever strong.

wet: jasmine. crazy-strong.

dry: as this dries it becomes much nicer and far more wearable. the jasmine is there but quite a bit softer and it blends well with the honeysuckle. this smells like the garden at night, when a breeze blows across the jasmine and honeysuckle and you catch a breath of it.

Imp: Citrusy floral; round; a late spring/early summer garden filled with sunshine; light sweetness.

Wet: Flowering bulbs; hysacinth, lily, maybe freesia. Feels cool on the skin. So nice.

Dry:flowering bulbs, slightly like a GC Flower Moon '05; or the next in succession after Flower Moon, if I were making a seasonal line-up.

I was leery of the jasmine/honeysuckle combo, which migrained me to death in New Orleans. However, neither of these notes were present and this blend is beautiful; very soft and feminine.

I'm getting a lot of florals. Pleasant well-balanced...and floral. Unfortunately, I can't give a more detailed review than that, as I wear florals so seldom that the depth of my insight is limited to 'Huh. I don't smell any rose...' If florals are your thing, then I'd recommend Eos whole-heartedly. As florals -aren't- really my thing, I see this imp lasting a very long time, though it might get some use in layering.

As a bonus, it seems to have decent last and throw, and shows no sign of degenerating down to powder, which is always a plus.

Imp: Jasmine

Wet on Me: heavy jasmine with honeysuckle underneath

Drying Down: Really heavy heavy jasmine. To the point of making me headach-y

Dry: The Jasmine amped hard before drawing back a bit. But it did not draw back enough to let any of the other notes come thru. This is nice but very heavy cloying Jasmine. I may re-home this.

In the imp, I'm getting florals mixed with skin musk. Hm. This should be interesting. On my skin, it's pretty much the same; skin musk, and florals, a really close to the skin scent. I'm liking this so far. This is really good as a close-to-the-skin scent, definitely worth getting a bottle of.

Edited by Venneh

Warm spicy jasmine….. oh no wait I smell like a floral toilet air freshener. Boo :rasp:

Oh well!!

ETA... actually it dies down a bit to a "not bad scent", but still not me.

Edited by Lilly

Hooo baby BUTTERCUP. The honeysuckle/jasmine combo in Twilight works well on me since the lavender tones down the ZOMG FLOWERS aspect of the perfume, but Eos doesn't have anything to tone down the floral. Here we have buttercup. Lots of buttercup. What I ended up with was an unbelievably strong, heady, headache-inducing floral. I know honeysuckle can work on me, so I'm assuming the problems here are the jasmine and the buttercup. I didn't notice anything at all along the lines of what I think of as BPAL's skin note - I'm assuming the florals had beaten it and left it in a corner somewhere for being insufficiently flower-like.

Emphatically not my thing, but I could see where it would be wonderful for floral lovers.

In the imp: Sweet jasmine

Wet: Definitely a strong jasmine scent, but with a gentle sweetness that tempers the sometimes-overpowering intensity of jasmine. The honeysuckle adds the sweetness, and the skin musk adds a lovely soft warmth. I love this - I'm one of those people who actually adores jasmine, and this is an absolutely gorgeous blend. It has that strong jasmine that I love, but it's gentle enough to not overpower those around me.

Dry: The jasmine softens even further, and the honeysuckle comes out more. They blend seamlessly together - I smell them both, but not as separate elements. This scent is like a snuggly soft sweater and a gentle smile. Win!

I confess I've already used more than half the imp and slathered this on myself continuously. Creamy dreamy light glowing jasmine.

In imp: jasmine is stronger here. I can smell skin musk and honeysuckle with a slight buttercup.

Wet: This really simulates glowing skin! There's a burst of skin musk with a sweet amber undertone. I've actually smelled vivacious persons such as this... weird! The jasmine, even though listed as a larger ingredient, stays pretty tame and sweet. These flowers are not as direct and kapow as I thought they would be. It's like you're wearing a wreath or crown of them. The central note remains the sweet skin musk however it doesn't skunk my nose like musk is wont to do. I wouldn't have thought that it would temper the flowers so well!

Drydown: soft lovely glowy edible..ungh. New favorite. No sourness, morphing, or suffocation. I wish it would hang out longer but oh well! That's what BPAL sells bottles for! If I don't time the next shipment right, I'll be out of the imp and skulking around the house for a week or 2, inconsolably.

Im really really really surprised here! :thud:

This floral isn't trying to kick my ass...its a light honeysuckle scent...and I even get a touch of sun-warmed skin!

For someone who hates florals, who cant wear them, who they give massive headaches to, this isn't bad. Its a possibility.

This is close to a true to life jasmine scent. It is very pleasant!! There is also a hint of green in this scent. It is nice, but not for me. Quite good though!! This scent plays nicely!

yummy jasmine! and something sweet..buttercup or honeysuckle...can't tell which really, completely snuggle worthy :yum:

Frimp from the Lab. I love the smell of both jasmine and honeysuckle, but they and other florals aren't always things I end up liking on me. So we'll see.

In the imp: Jasmine and honeysuckle, both strong but about even.

Wet: Honeysuckle glistening with morning dew, lingering scent of the night's jasmine on the air.

Dry down: As it dries, jasmine fades into the background, leaving honeysuckle the star of the show. There's a round-soft-sweet underneath that I think might be the buttercup.

Dry: Lovely, soft honeysuckle, not overwhelming. Stays close to the skin with an occasional waft like a summer morning breeze carrying the scent of fresh blooming honeysuckle to you while on a walk.

Overall: I'm not always sure about florals, but honeysuckle and jasmine are ones I want to work. And they do. :)

Impressions: Sunwarmed floral-laden breeze. Creamy yellow, very pale. Lush.

Biggest BPAL heartbreak yet. Everything about Eos was insanely promising. The notes should work perfectly, it should be a wonderful, heady/humid floral with a kick of musk. It should be everything everyone here seems to get.

In fact, in the imp it is. It's drop dead gorgeous. Wet, I get that promising smack of wet jasmine, that first sharp hit that after a few seconds almost always opens up to heaven. Not this time.

Straight up BO with a touch of Sophia-esque plastic. This is the skin musk, I presume, and though I guess it sure does smell like skin musk I can't imagine wanting to smell like unwashed, greasy, foul skin. The flowers have been mashed into this unappealing mat of slightly plasticy ick underneath it. If I sniff real hard, I get these random wafts of true floral sweetness, golden and dewy. Or maybe that's just my imagination. Fortunately, from the distance most people stand there is only a few faint whiff of crayons and modelling clay, which is not my thing but at least not as blatantly offensive as body stink. This is such a bad case of skin chemistry gone medieval on a perfume.

Eos, I was ready to love you, if not exclusively than at least intensely. Why did you turn on me?

So, I was really looking forward to Eos, as I love the smell of honeysuckle. I was a bit wary of the jasmine, but decided to give it a shot... Oops. Pure jasmine, nearly overwhelming in its powderiness. Le sigh. The hunt for a floral I actually enjoy continues... ;)

Sniffed: Liquid and golden, albeit obscured by jasmine.

On skin: Jasmine threatens to dominate the blend, but the other notes are fighting back! Yeah! A spicy-floral scent, warm, radiant and uplifting. All the notes are now blending nicely: the skin musk forms a spicy base for assertive jasmine, and sweet and honeyed honeysuckle (with buttercup playing along somewhere). Eos is glowing, gentle and feminine; a simple, non-morphing blend that remains close to my skin. If the blend was a person, it would certainly be a ruddy, laughing maiden, innocent and graceful, with healthy glowing skin and radiant hair.

Verdict: Not quite my thing, but Eos is truly lovely and so fitting the theme! And it gives me hope that jasmine may actually play nice in a blend.

I'm quite sensitive to jasmine, so as soon as jasmine shows up to the party, it's everywhere. In the vial, it's 85% jasmine and 14%, with a hint of honeysuckle (which I also usually easily pick up on, but I guess the jasmine automatically shuts it down). On my skin, it's all jasmine too. The other florals in the background do lighten it up a bit, and make Eos fresher and almost airy, but nonetheless, it's still too heavy on the jasmine for me.

It seems that the jasmine and buttercup are fitting for dominance in the imp. This is a tad too sharp for me. On my skin however, this is all honeysuckle, bright fragrant honeysuckle. It reminds me of my parents house when I was a child, and all the honeysuckle bushes growing up the post around the porch. As this dries, the jasmine comes back into the picture, but there is no sign of the buttercup. This settles to a soft jasmine sweeten by a touch of honeysuckle, that stays close to the skin. This is a very delicate, feminine scent that would be nice for spring wear.

I'm not sure why, but later this very citrus like. It's as if some brought out a pitcher of lemonade into the garden of jasmines and honeysuckles. I find it to be quite overpowering and I can even feel this in my throat. This is very odd. Well, off to the swap pill this one goes.

Edited by scopoliacarniolica

For some reason, I think jasmine + honeysuckle = moonflower replica on me, and moonflower amps like crazy on my skin. I put this on without checking the notes and thought, I thought this is a daytime goddess, not an evening one so why is there moonflower in here? It smells just like a single-note moonflower oil. I had this same reaction to Twilight (I even went back and checked the notes and my reaction). Sometimes I can get an impression of the skin musk, but mostly it's moonflower smell-a-like. I like Eos, but since every moonflower scent becomes almost single note, I really don't need another. I wish the other notes came out a little more, since I like the feel of the perfume.

Warm jasmine and honeysuckle, glowing in the sun. Plus soap. Gah.

A scent that stays close to the skin. Must try in my hair to avoid it turning into soap.

In the imp: bright, soft floral with a bit of a sweetness to it.

Wet on skin: Honeysuckle with a touch of the jasmine and that sweetness is still there but I can't nail it down (maybe that's the "softly glowing skin"?). Very bright and warm. Comforting.

Dry on skin: Something else came forward - I think it's the buttercup. I quite like it! The honeysuckle has quieted but is still there, can't smell the jasmine. This one makes me feel safe and warm. I love it!

This has quickly become one of my favourite scents. It is warm and happy and makes me feel good.

This is just straight jasmine and honeysuckle on me. I'm really not a jasmine fan, so this is off to my swaps box - assuming I ever actually get around to swapping/selling anything. :lol: