Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

In Vial: Sweet, soft floral

Wet: Super sweet floral. I smell the butterup the strongest.

Dry: I don't usually like florals so this is not for me. It is a typical floral.

In the bottle this is a light floral, pretty and sweet. On my skin this turns into a heady blend that I would associate with walking through a greenhouse. It's not necessarily overbearing, but it is hot and damp and floral. I think it's the jasmine and honeysuckle. I can't really smell the buttercup at all. Overall, surprisingly I really like the damp greenhouse-ness of it. But I don't think this would be an everyday scent for me.

In bottle/imp: Light jasmine and other sweet, bright florals.

Immediately on skin: Jasmine is the strongest note in this, mixed with light, fresher floral notes. It smells a little rubbery, but the lab’s jasmine does that on me.

After a little while: I can smell a gentle warmth from this under the floral notes that gives this blend a very close feel, which I think is skin musk. It’s very light and blends nicely. Jasmine still dominates this blend, but the buttercup and honeysuckle do a good job of keeping it slightly sweetened and more spring-like, rather than heavy and smoky.

Overall Impressions: This is mainly a jasmine blend, but then again most bpal blends with jasmine in them turn out to be jasmine blends on my skin since I amp that note. But the honeysuckle and buttercup add a bit of spring-like sweetness and the skin musk adds a gentle warm quality. This isn’t an overwhelming blend at all, and is quite pretty.

Totally the olfactory embodiment of spring for me. On me, it is a lovely, slightly powdery honeysuckle jasmine. Springtime, innocence, nostalgic, very feminine.

At my house we have a long stretch of wood lattice in front of my dad's plant nursery that's covered with jasmine that blooms in April and May. And there's honeysuckle every where that begins blooming in April/ May and stays through early Fall. When a good breeze blows in April/ May, Eos is what the air smells like around my house. This will be my signature spring scent.

[Edited to say]- Now Beth just need to make a signature Autumn scent for me that captures the smell of autumn at my house: the all pervasive aroma of overripe figs, and muscadine and scuffydine “scuppernong” grapes fermenting on the vine. Oh, Autumn nostagia. Yes I know I'm a weirdo.

Edited by mylogicsaysburn

This is New Orleans all grown up. Eos is more sophisticated and proper compared to the rebellious sultry mama that embodies New Orleans. I feel that's the best way to describe it. It's so ripe with jasmine and honeysuckle, but it's airy. It reminds me of gardenias. The throw was amazing, but the staying power wasn't so hot. It might have to do with how much more airy it is. I :P this scent.

In the imp: Honeysuckle. Dirty honeysuckle.

On me: Dirty B.O. I had to wash it off. I lasted less than a minute with this scent. I got a headache the second I put this on!

On my roommate: Jasmine and clean honeysuckle. Clean white floral. Lovely, bold. I hate my skin.. :P The dirtiness of the florals go away when she puts it on, but it's amped on me.

Overall: It's not for me. My skin hates these notes. But on my roommate it was pretty.

In the imp and wet: Jasmine and honeysuckle- very sweet white floral scent

Dry: This is a perfect springtime fragrance. Several reviewers have mentioned Easter. That would definitely be the time to wear Eos.

Eos is just as advertised: jasmine with honeysuckle, a sweet back note that must be buttercup, and an anchor of skin musk. On me it starts out a little overpoweringly jasmine, but after an hour or so it quiets down and the sweeter florals underneath come to the forefront.

It's quite pretty--though florals just really aren't my thing. I think I'm going to pass this on to my mother, who has more than once voiced her wish to find a true honeysuckle scent (and she loves jasmine, too). What a great way to enable!!! :P

This was a surprise hit for me. I normally can't do florals. Jasmine initially does it's overwhelming thing. :P But then there's a while of sweet, gorgeous honeysuckle. The best part for me is the drydown, which is a wonderful skin musk just barely tinged with floral.

Oh, this is just gorgeous. I'm not a big floral person, but I do love the smell of honeysuckles, just usually not in perfumes. Most honeysuckle perfumes are very fake smelling. This isn't.

On me it's mostly honeysuckle with just a hint of jasmine. There is a greenness that helps to keep it from being headache inducing sweet and a light musk that adds some depth. It is very pretty and will definitely be a beautiful spring/summer scent. I'm also curious to see how it layers w/some Graveyard Dirt. :P

**I dilute all my BPAL with jojoba since I'm sensitive**

In the bottle...a nice, soft floral.

Wet.....OMG My skin amps the jasmine something FIERCE!!!!! There for a moment it was sickly sweet. I thought I might have to go wash it off!

Drydown....after awhile it's soft again, and I can smell mostly honeysuckle.

This will be ok for occasional use, but I don't think I'd buy a full size 5ML bottle, and I won't grab it daily.

This is predominantly Jasmine on me for a long time. It smells like alot of other blends that have Jasmine in because Jasmine is quite powerful.

The drier stage lets the honeysuckle through a bit but the Jasmine is always in the forefront.

To me this is alot like other floral blends and doesn't stick out enough for me to love it.

:(

Ooo. Another floral I can wear? :thud: It's not quite something I can see myself reaching for, but Eos is lovely. In the vial, the jasmine is a bit frightening, but calms down immediately when I apply it. The end result is a velvety sweet floral, very petal-y, with a trace of bitter greenness in the background. Very natural, a true bouquet-of-blossoms scent. A bit heady in the end, so I'll pass this along, but a lovely scent for a cool spring day...

I picked this up on a whim. For years I've been trying to find a true honeysuckle scent...and everytime I have failed. This was a pleasant surprise :D

When I sniff the imp, it smells strongly of jasmine and honeysuckle...but not too overpowering. When I put it on, the honeysuckle pushes to the front.

I can think of only one thing to make it a truer honeysuckle scent on my skin, and that would be just a touch of extra sweetness. This has the honeysuckle scent

down perfectly except it lacks in sweetness.

However, when I'm wearing this and I'm outside and a breeze wafts over me, everyone wants to know where the honeysuckle is! A natural breeze makes this come to life. This is perfect for Spring and Summer. The only downside is that the honeysuckle note doesn't last as long as I would like. Once it's gone, I'm left with a faint jasmine scent on my skin. This is GORGEOUS before the honeysuckle fades, so I think I will buy a bottle and carry it with me so I can reapply when needed.

Imp: Honeysuckle! Brings back really good childhood memories of debating with friends on the playground whether or not these flowers were edible

Wet: More honeysuckle :wub: It's such a fresh flower scent. Jasmine's giving depth, but this is honeysuckle's show.

Drydown: Sweet, glowing...Gah I just really like it. When you can role a scent memory in to an oil...that's a winner. I miss being 6.

Overall: This song best sums it up. It's cheerful and gentle. I'm gonna wear the hell out of it this spring and summer. Probably going to need a bottle when I have the money

I really wanted to love this. The jasmine is rather lovely, but as the scent dries down it morphs into this strange floral scent that made "Midnight" a no-go for me. Sorry, Eos, you're beautiful but you're not for me. :)

Eos

In the imp: Sweet and floral. This is a very, very feminine scent, invoking images of springtime and the flowers that bloom outside in the miniature garden by my front door.

On my skin: Honeysuckle. Completely. There is no other scent, there is only flower, flower, flower, which I love!

Stayed true to the lab description. I get lots of buttercup when it's wet. :)

Morphs quickly into a warm/sunny honeysuckle with a touch of jasmine. Very much the smell of being outdoors in spring. Beautiful! I feel both perkier and calmer when wearing it.

In the imp: Sunshine and sweet flowers—a glowing, pale yellow scent, and very, very springy. This is so pretty and feminine! I get mostly the jasmine (softer here, with not a hint of pointy sharpness), and then a strong golden undercurrent of honeysuckle. It's like sitting outside on a warm day, soaking up the sun and smelling the sweet scent of flowers on the fresh breeze.

On, wet: Softly sweet, fresh, beautiful floral. Fresh jasmine and honeysuckle are still the standouts for me, but I am getting a third flower now that must be the buttercup. It's such a pure-hearted, wide-eyed sort of scent, very hopeful and bright. I want to wear this and skip around like a child. ;-)

On, dry: The jasmine has mellowed out and moved back, letting the honeysuckle and buttercup take center stage. It's lighter and less overtly sweet—not candyish, anyway, although there's still plenty of natural, nectar-y sweetness. It does have that quality of warm, absolutely clean skin, and also a light-as-air, soft "fresh spring breeze" quality that reminds me of the floral side of Host of the Air (which is a good thing).

Later: Blended, soft, floral--clean and sweet and gently beautiful. The florals have all melded together and are basically indistinct. If pressed, I'd say that the honeysuckle is the most prominent, which is just fine with me.

Overall: Eos is amazingly gentle and graceful for me, despite featuring at least two flowers that some (not me) would describe as cloyingly sweet. On me, with my nose, this isn't cloying or overly sweet at all; it's just a light, soft, beautiful spring/summer floral, youthful and unpretentious. I'd especially recommend it to people who often feel that jasmine is too sharp, because this is a very soft, user-friendly jasmine. Eos reminds me of France and the house that I lived in there, which featured a garden covered in honeysuckle vines. When the weather was warm and the soft breezes were blowing, the wind would be perfumed with the scent of that honeysuckle… and that's exactly the memory this perfume captures. Yup, this is a big bottle for me. :wub2: Bonus: this has amazing throw for something so light, and it lasts.

I wanted a floral scent that wasn't overwhelmingly strong and sweet. Something that smelled like lilies, lilac's or honeysuckle.

I decided I was tired of trying imps and went ahead and purchased Eos without testing. A risky thing given most of the Lab's florals are sucked away by my skin's chemistry.

I tried Tiger Lily and loved it but it vanished so quickly. I feared Eos would do the same. :ack:

This is one amazing scent. The best of all the florals that I have tried, Black Lily, Tiger Lily, Tissue, Amsterdam, Flower Moon 05, 09, Danube, etc. etc. etc.

This is pure honeysuckle. Can't really pick out the buttercup or jasmine, which is just fine by me. It's the type of scent that you get when a warm breeze kicks up and you smell the honeysuckle lingering in the air. Very warm and long lasting. This also has great throw, which is unusual also for me. I dabbed it on early this morning and it is still going strong 9 hours later. Doesn't morph either. This is the perfect spring time scent. I really lucked out on this one. Glad I took the chance. Love it!! :wub2:

Edited by DeniseScan

I totally forgot that I had an imp of this. Now that I've tried it I definitely know that it will become a favorite. Honeysuckle is one of my favorite florals and this is pretty much single-note honeysuckle on me. YAY! :wub2:

This blend is a sweet, light tropical floral. I definitely get the jasmine and something more light, probably the buttercup? Whatever it is, it is keeping the tropical jasmine and honeysuckle at bay from being to strong and heady. I'd probably LOVE this if I liked tropicals, as this is very realistic and not fake at all, but I'm not into honeysuckle, jasmine, gardenia, etc., so this one is off to swaps. Also, the jasmine does not go powdery at all for those of you who don't like powder.

This is a very sweet floral on me that dries down to pure jasmine. Jasmiiiiiiiiine! :ack: To the swaps!

mmm, this was frimp from a swap and I can't believe it works on me. It reminds me of the honeysuckle and jasmine Avon perfumes my mom used to wear in the summer. It also compliments my Lush Godiva solid shampoo. I smell like summer flowers. I can't believe I found a jasmine scent that I want to wear.