Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
boomtownrat

Gingerbread and More Ginger

[No additional description provided.]

This has only been off the mail truck for about two hours, because I couldn't wait any longer.

In the bottle it's pure, luscious gingerbread. When it's freshly applied, I smell like my favorite kind of gingersnap: thin and a little crispy, like a pepparkakor from Sweden. There's even a little bit of a lemony note, but that subsides as it dries. It ends up as a perfect gingerbread that I want to eat.

I love the ginger scents Beth creates, from cakey/cookie ginger like Shub to the fresh ginger that is so prominent in Mother Ginger. 

This is like a combination of those - it’s definitely ginger cookies, those super thin crispy spiced ones, but there is that fresh ginger bite here too.  That almost lemony note that shows up sometimes with fresh ginger is here too. 

It’s every ginger, all mixed up and bottled - and I love it! 

Gingerbread with a hit of fresh ginger. Its much more noticeable on wet. It dries down to a gingerbread blend after that. Medium throw and wear length.

This reminds me of making fresh gingerbread dough, kneading it out, and then eating the sticky bits off the fingers. 
It's just pure unadulterated gingerbread and that's what I was hoping for, since I bought it for scent memory purposes.  It smells identical to the gingerbread, with fresh ginger, and candied ginger dough me and my grandma would bake every Christmas. 

Edited by Katillac

If you ever wanted Shub Niggrath, but didn't want the darker parts of that scent, this is for you. It's really delicious, but then I've yet to try on a gingerbread scent that wasn't.

I got a decant of this and when I first popped it open I actually didn't like it. The ginger was so overpowering that it almost smelled rancid. I let it sit for a few days and last night it had mellowed, so I tried it. Dammit, I love it. It's the familiar Gingerbread note with the added baking spice effect of the Ginger. It smells like Ginger Snaps. It faded fairly quickly on me but while it was on, it was heavenly. 

Alas, I've now discovered that the Lab's gingerbread note doesn't work for me. I feel like I just dumped an entire shelf of my spice rack into my mouth at once, dry.

In the decant: Fresh ginger at first, followed by the gingerbread smell. I'm distinguishing "gingerbread" because there is an element of baked good, sweetness, and additional complementary spices (maybe brown sugar and allspice, just a bit?). 

On my skin:

Wet, I get the gingerbread note first, to the exclusion of the fresh ginger I experienced in the decant. Through the initial drydown, at least, it stays the same way. I mean, it's a very gingery gingerbread -- and I like my gingerbread with a lot of ginger (and that's sort of why I got this scent) -- but I'm missing the distinct "more ginger" note I seemed to get in the decant. 

Aaaannd... yeah, half an hour after the previous paragraph, and it doesn't seem to be morphing at all. It's a very gingery gingerbread. It's a nice warm, gingery scent with some pretty good throw. It's possibly my favorite scent from the selection of Yule 2018 decants I purchased. I do want a bottle of this, but I might have to look long and hard at both my finances and my spicy, wintry perfumes to determine whether I really should get one. Definitely hanging onto this decant, though. :)

Very strongly of fresh ginger when first applied but like others have mentioned it mellows out rather quickly. I don't actually get a lot of gingerbread and if I didn't know what I was testing, I don't think I would even put this in the "foodie" category. If I put my nose right night to my skin I can smell it but otherwise it takes an a warm almost floral note on me. Very interesting. I think I'm going to have to test a couple more times before I decide if I can pull this off.

The gingerbread scents are strange on me. I have these early moments of just, too much and a weird wonk. Something similar to the pumpkin spice single note for me that makes me nervous.

So far though they all mellow out and become less wonk and end up ok. They aren't stealing my heart, but they're nice. In this case, it took a good 10 minutes for the scent to mellow and get to a place that I enjoyed.

Verdict: iced gingersnaps.

Spiced, dry, "light" compared to normal spice scents. It doesn't have anything in it giving it rounded depth, for me? So it comes across dry and arid. But at the same time it's kind of nice. If I smelled this on someone else I'd be intrigued. This sort of "what DO I think" vibe all the gingerbreads give me. How strange.

Definitely a distinctly gingerbread scent more than a ginger scent. It has that ginger smell to it, but also has a bready molasses sweetness to it. Very accurate, and nice.

I'm not sure how much extra ginger is in this on top of that. It definitely has a ginger smell but not a significantly extra gingery smell. And definitely more ginger as a spice than fresh sharp ginger.

Overall it's not a bad smell at all if you want to smell like a gingerbread cookie. I can take it or leave it though and have no desire for more.

This is more like "Gingerbread and More Butter" when freshly applied. As it dries it becomes less baked good and more sweet candied ginger with a lemony bite. Gorgeous in both stages.

Gingerbread and More Ginger is exactly as described! It's more gingerbread-y and smells deeper than the other gingerbread scents I tried from the 2018 Yules (Gingerbread and Lavender Sugar and Gingerbread, Coffee Bean, and Smoked Vanilla). After a while, I do get more of a candied and lemony ginger mixed with gingerbread type of vibe from it. I have sensitive skin, and the ginger in this warms my skin, but does not burn, fortunately. Smelling this is making me hungry! :lol:

This is much nicer than I was expecting it to be, and those that are looking for a thin, crispy gingerbread with candied ginger should get some of this to try.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Unfortunately, I am one of the people who this scent did not quite work for :(

It smells so amazing warm, dark, gingerbread cake in the bottle. Bready, ginger, treacle and amazing, but it morphs differently on my skin. It starts like fresh zingy ginger and molasses, then turns into a resiny non-foody perfume (which is not what I was after). Like ginger / vanilla musk / something powdery. I tried this twice-- the first time during dry down, something bitter and sour came up like as if it split on my skin (I figured it might just be me!). The second time, it was lightly spiced, vanilla ginger, but still not gingerbread,

Verdict: Skin chemistry = no love... But, I tried it in my scent locket and the delicious warm dark gingerbread note was more prominent there. I'm sad it didn't work on me but I will love this as an atmosphere oil and scent locket.

Just ginger on me: no gingerbread! It fades so fast and is very faint, around an hour and I smell like a tiny bit of ginger. 

Not my thing, but I was frimped this so I can't complain! If the ginger stayed around longer with better throw I'm sure I'd have liked it more, even without the gingerbread.