Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The protoplasmic ooze results in man. It arrives at thoughts and emotions, it builds lofty ideals and great civilisations. The objector urges that this proof of progress is no proof of the permanence of any personality. No proof, but certainly no suggestion of disproof. Again, we find no trace of waste. Change and the revolution of one form of matter into another are evident to us, but no waste, no loss, is anywhere discoverable. The noblest product of the universe so far as we are certain of it is the rounded and accomplished personality of man. Why should nature everywhere display her absolute incapacity to cast away an atom of her lowest product, and yet be able to plunge into nothingness her very greatest?
– the Occult Review, January 1905

A pretense of civility, the height of anthropocentric arrogance: a lime-washed gentleman’s fougere with a pinch of snuff, an insouciant whiff of gin, and the memory of an amorphous, sluggish, protoplasmic greenness.

This is what Arthur Conan Doyle’s Tobias Gregson would smell like. A Victorian man, rough-edged but not uncivilized; not outstanding, but dogged; he gets the job done — no matter what.

Lime and gin in the bottle. Goes on as a fresh lime cologne. A light tobacco note comes in — is that the snuff? Continues into a masculine cologne and finishes as a somewhat generic lime aftershave. A first cousin to John Watson (the scents, not the characters).

This would probably be amazing on a gentleman, but I am a lady. :)

Gin, lime, a gentlemen's fougere. And yeah, I really quite like this. It's green, fresh, limey. Medium throw and wear length.

This is very green. That "protoplasmic greenness" is the strongest note for me. It reads like aftershave and lush green plants. The lime booze also contributes to the greenness of this. It resembles smoking a cigar right as you get out of the shower or something like that. The tobacco and aftershave just smells odd to me. Not bad, but if the aftershave was fainter I think it would have been more enjoyable.

Not for me, but it's interesting!