Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Peacock Queen Hair Gloss

In dramatic contrast to the soft innocence of Snow White and the dew-kissed freshness of her sister, Rose Red, this is a blood red, voluptuous rose, velvet-petaled, at the height of bloom. Haughty and imperious, vain, yet incomparably lovely to the eye, but thick with thorns of jealousy, pride and hatred.

This is the Peacock Queen we all know and love, in hair gloss form!  It’s a dark, lush, and velvety red rose.  Simple, classy, and elegant.  I was in need of a rose-y gloss, and this fits the bill perfectly. 

I agree with Ello that this is scratching my itch for a rose hair gloss. It’s just like the perfume: entirely elegant and refined rose. This is the perfect compliment to all the rose perfumes in my BPAL collection. I love it.

Oooh, I loved this. On my hair, Peacock Queen isn't haughty--she's just reserved, and maybe a bit soapy (which I love!). It's not overwhelming and fades after a while. Perfect year-round gloss!

I was super excited when I saw that this had been made into a hair gloss, even though I already have two bottles of Rose Red hair gloss from 2014. Can one justify having them both?

The answer is yes, of course. They are two very different roses. While Rose Red is a fresh, dewy, young red rose, Peacock Queen is a regal, velvety, mature red rose. (I knew that before buying it, since I've tried the perfume and own a bottle of the bath oil, but I thought it might be helpful noting the differences here for those that are trying to choose between the two.) Rose Red has more oomph to it than Peacock Queen, so Peacock Queen would be the more work-friendly of the two, as it is less in-your-face and more refined. That isn't to say that it is weak, though. I have worn this the last two days, and since it has been windy here, I will sometimes get wafts of velvety rose being carried by the wind.

This is a really lovely rose hair gloss that would pair wonderfully with so many rose perfumes, and I am glad that I grabbed a bottle. :heart:

Edited by doomsday_disco

I was expecting a more "in your face" rose, but it is not at all. However, this makes it, as Doomsday mentioned, very work appropriate. Pretty, elegant rose I am happy to have in my "arsenal".