Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Astarte

Kurukulla

The Tibetan goddess of love and wealth. Her scent is a harmonious, sweet, enchanting blend of three lotus blooms and three roses.

Oh, I just love this one. Rosey, sweet, and wonderful. I think the sweetness comes from the lotus. I've noticed other blends with lotus in them tend to have a sweetness to them. It's not exactly a fruity sweetness, I have a hard time describing it. It's very pleasant though. For me, this one has a pretty good throw and it lasts a good amount of time on my skin as well. Rose lovers will enjoy this.

Hmmm. Lotus and I don't usually get along. Rose is hit or miss on me. Hmmm...in the imp this is quite pretty. Sweet florals with a touch of rose. I can see how other reviews would think a wine or champagne note was in here. Or a bubblegum! Yes! Not what I expected in this!

On my skin, the bubblegum-yness starts to become more recognizable as lotus. The rose is really pretty here. Not sour (which sometimes happens with rose on me) or old lady-ish. Lotus and rose just really go well together. Very pretty. As it dries the rose comes out quite a bit more. A sweet rose. Lovely!

Ok, I am totally digging this! A lovely rose scent! A bit sweet, a touch of spice...as I said before, the lotus really goes so well with rose! I don't see myself clamoring for a bottle of this, but I would absolutely go for a partial. It is such a wonderful rose scent, I would absolutely recommend this to rose lovers!

After a while this does go rather powdery, but it stays pretty long enough to be enjoyable. Would need to be re-applied every hour or few hours if you powderize it like me.

I dislike most aquatic scents and this is too "wet" for me - must be the lotus. It makes me a little bit nauseous, truth be told. Sadly, this lovely Goddess's scent must go off to swaps.

Edited by OctoberGwen

In the imp: Yup, rose and lotus. Sweet and kinda fruity.

Wet: Weirdly like pear.

Dry: Mostly rose, with a bit of lotus here and there. A pleasant enough floral.

ITB: Red roses, exotic lotus are both clearly here, but there is a warmness to the scent that I would not normally attributed to each note. It smells as if there might be amber in here somewhere.

Wet: It’s a bit overtly sweet here with the lotus, but I can smell both white and lush, red rose underneath. At this point, there is a hint of candy to the scent, which makes me a little unsure about whether or not I like it enough to keep it.

Dry: After a number of hours, rose holds on to my skin the most, but it is only a faint impression.

I get rose with a sweet edge. It reminds me of the sweet, juicy, fruity crisp smell of a pear. it doesn't last long or have a strong throw. A very wearable and not overwhelming rose scent even though it doesn't last.

Edited by BuxomM

All sweet floral in the imp, and bursts into super sweet prettiness when first applied.

It then settles pretty quickly into floral soap, and later dries down to roses. It reminds me of the red rose I get from Whip.

This started off ok with mostly a light floral (rose). As it dried down, it turned more fruity and overpoweringly flower (lotus?). Something in it is making me sneeze and giving me a slight headache. I'm guessing that's the lotus because I wear other rose scents (Pink Snowball) just fine.

Dried down, it's like a mix of many different floral perfumes. Just too much for me.

I almost didn't try this one, as I'm afraid of almost any floral note. (And with this one being all roses and lotus, I felt I had good reason.)

I put just the tiniest dot on the back of my hand, and the smell that comes to mind is dessert wine, surprisingly. The fruit sugar from the lotus reminds me of a honey-floral Moscato.

Too bad I'm not a huge fan of Moscato - this is a lovely smell, especially in the first 15 minutes of wear, but it's not something I want to slather on and smell like all day. For people who like fruity and sweet florals, this would be a winner.

This. is. so. GOOD.

Very, VERY sweet, but sweet in the way a flower garden in the summer is sweet. The rose and lotus notes are true, warm, and frankly delicious. It makes me happy just to smell it, it's so completely floral and so so fragrant. It's a very feminine scent, girly, young, and summery. I could go for a bottle. Love it.

Edit: It eventually goes a bit powdery on me, I think, but I'm still a fan. Yep. I'm sniffing it now and it's still great.

Edited by applecider10

Got this as a frimp. Wet:fruity roses...sweet and bright. Dry: still rosey,but loses the fruity edge and mellows with sweet lotus. Had it on for 13 hours now and can still slightly smell it, so staying power is good. won't buy a bottle since now it feel a little too heady.

Edited by Jangzonrice

Wow, this is super gorgeous! So excited to finally get to try it. This is a sweet, fruity light rose--the lotus comes off as almost pear-like. Pretty and girly and bright. I would put it in the same vein/family as Les Bijoux and Roses, Pearls and Diamonds--fans of either should give this one a go!

I am currently on a (probably never-ending) rose quest. I am a rose fiend.

In the imp this was juicy, and fruity-sweet. I assume that is the lotuses.

On wet the roses came up, but it was still a very sweet rose. Not Two, Five, and Seven sweet though. Not at all sugary.

Dry, the lotus and rose are playing well. Very harmonious and feminine. Simple and beautiful.

I am a rose fiend so I was excited to receive this scent as in an Ebay BPAL lot. The lotus gives a lightness and delicate sweetness like others have said - I just think white flowers when I smell this. It's a simple scent and beautiful, but I prefer the more complex BPAL scents and this is just not that.

Disclaimer: I tried this on fresh from the mailbox, and I know that's a big no-no.

In the bottle: Zero rose. Just lotus.

Wet: Fruity bubblegum that makes me want to puke. Very wet. Very sugary. Very nauseating.

Dry: Still no rose...Just that golden syrupy, almost fruity, almost floral smell that I associate with lotus...Minus my frimp of Czernobog, looks like this order was a complete bust. I'll let things settle and try it again in a few days.

* I've tried it three times now, and I can't like it. It's just seriously fruity bubblegum in a way that smells plastic.

Edited by SunsetKay

This is a gleaming, bright rosy brew, reminding me of Bilquis, but sweeter and brighter. The lotus flowers bring an intensely pink bubblegum brightness to the roses, and behind all that, I think I get a light frankincense and/or sandalwood base.

This is sweet, reddish-pink lotus-rose syrup poured and oozing across a franky/sandalwoody platform.

I like this, but would sooner apply Bilquis. I'll probably store this imp with her.

In the imp, I get a sweetened rose. Sadly, most rose scents tend to fade on me, very quickly, but this particular rose seems to stay. It's very subtle; the lotus overpowers it, but it's still there in the background.

This is a lovely scent. It's subtle, sweet and soft, and I can see myself purchasing a bottle in the future.

The lotus is very sweet and bubblegummy in this, and the rose is a bit sour. It goes powdery quickly, and smells like powdery bubblegum and citrusy roses. It's actually not as terrible as it sounds, but it's not for me. I am not a big fan of lotus, to be fair, but I am always u p to try something new!

In the imp: Deep, fruity rose.

Wet on my skin: Deep, velvety, fruity rose - the lotus is taking it to the fruity side of things, I think.

Dry: This is similar to Blood Rose on me, with a fruity and almost winey note from the lotus. It's a purple-red, rich, and sweet floral. Gooey in texture, almost. Not terribly complex, but pretty and surprisingly unobtrusive given how loud rose can be. This would be a good scent to wear somewhere that needs a traditionally feminine, almost old-fashioned scent that won't offend a slightly older crowd with either its throw or its name. I won't need a bottle of it, but it's nice enough to keep, even if it wouldn't be worn often.

I thought for sure that there was Violet in this as I totally get that powderiness that comes from violet, it smells a little "make-up bag" like on me

I would like this one more if my skin chemistry didn't turn the roses to soap like it tends to do with bpal roses

In the imp: Juicyfruit!

On my skin, there was a bubblegum quality and I thought, I wonder if this has lotus in it?

Lots of sniffs of a fruity floral in between then and now, 4 hours after application, when I am checking the notes. Roses and lotus, no apples or other fruit. Wow, lotus is really fruity on me. This is quite nice if you like juicy smells. A terrific scent for this gorgeous summer day.

Oh no. Oh no. I got this very sweetly as an extra, but I forgot how much lotus doesn't work on me. I mean, I'm not a fan of the note on itself, but it goes so... eughg on my skin. Love the rose though, thick and heady. What a shame.

In the imp: Lotus and rose, with far more lotus than rose.

Wet: The lotus note reigns, but I do smell more of the rose on my skin than I did in the imp. At least one of these lotus notes is of the sweet, bubblegum-y variety. But the lotus doesn't get to flaunt its full bubblegum-y glory, fortunately, thanks to the rose keeping it in check. I think I'm getting tea rose and red rose from this.

Dry: The lotus is never allowed to make this full-on bubblegum, but it is really strong and sweet. It's a nice, youthful, sweet rose scent.

Verdict: I was afraid of this one due to the lotus, but it actually ended up being a pleasant surprise on me. I can't see myself reaching for it over the other sweet rose scents I already have, and it's a little too heady for me, but I'm glad that I got to try it.

In the imp: Mostly lotus, but the rose is there. Once it's on, the lotus does some very weird morphing, getting cloyingly sweet on me. It does eventually die down and give way to a slightly powdery rose with a calmer lotus in the background. The end stage is okay, but I'm not a fan of that intensely sweet lotus stage.