Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

No one can keep a goblin away from a good bargain: a jolt of Turkish coffee with cardamom, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

I saw this and HAD to get it... every note are ones I love! 

In the bottle: I let this sit for a whole day...it was SO COLD when I got it. I get the Turkish coffee instantly! Oh it smells amazing!

On skin: The cardamom comes out first and foremost. Not getting other notes as of yet. Oh crap,  It starts to fade quickly...oh..please stay!!!

Dry down:  I get barely a whiff of... not sure. might be the nutmeg? Not getting any cinnamon, coffee or cardamom from this! 😪

I'll let it age for a bit..hoping it will get stronger.  Stays real close to the skin on me, but I have to put my nose real close to my skin to smell it. 

I hear you RE fading fast!  I LOVE this on wet!  It dries down fast to a sort of nutmeg nut and cinnamon bark on me, with wisps of cardamom, but I wish the strong sweet coffee note would stick around longer...

A TON of cinnamon, nutmeg, and whiffs of cardamom and coffee. This is mainly a very nutmeg-cinnamon blend. Spicy. With a whiff of coffee in the background. Great throw and wear length.

Goblin Stampede features a sugared coffee note (no cream), which is the main player on me throughout wear. The first time I tested it, the day after it had arrived, I felt like I got some fruity sugar and nutmeg from it, but not much of the other spices. After coming back to it after a few days of rest, I get more of the cinnamon with the nutmeg now, but I don't get much cardamom, sadly. The scent starts off strong but then becomes a lot fainter after about an hour. I can still smell it on my hand after several hours of wear, though.

It's a nice sugared coffee scent with light spices, but I was hoping the spices would play a greater role.

Edited by doomsday_disco

More spices with some creamed coffee. Cardamom and nutmeg dominate on me, and I can make out the sweetened coffee in the background. It reminds me of Cafe Mille et une Nuits, but softer. I personally enjoy it more than Cafe Mille, but I was hoping for something with a stronger coffee note. Overall, I would describe this as heavily spiced coffee (but not as heavy on the spices as Cafe Mille).

Goblin Stampede smells exactly like it ought to, which is marvelous.  Sweet black coffee, no cream on me, and lots of spices.  The nutmeg is particularly nice, and my skin did not react to the cinnamon or cardamom.  I only got a decant of this as I had to make a decision between it and Temptation of St. Nick, which I got a bottle of, but I'm kind of wishing I had bought more.  It does soften fairly quickly, but it has a nice long wear length, as I realized when I inadvertently layered it under another scent; it had grown faint so I applied something else, but I kept smelling coffee and nutmeg coming through the other blend.  

This is yummy! I somehow end up with a slighty fruity note in this? The cardamon and coffee are very strong at first but then die down some and some of the other spices come out to play. This turns into a very warm and pleasant scent. Perfect for these colder months. It does fade but had decent wear length on me.

Wet: on me, I get the coffee, but I feel like it's more diner coffee than any type of espresso. Then a cleaner fluid of some sort starts to emerge. I know I'm making this sound horrible so far, but it's not that bad. I think it's the cardamom and cheap coffee pairing up to smell like lemony cleaner. That, or my nose is on the fritz again.

Dry: the cardamom comes more to the stage. The coffee seems to have disappeared. It's like a cardamom-heavy pumpkin chai. Not quite what I was expecting, but nice nonetheless.

First Sniff: Something slightly biting, like freshly ground coffee, but not. There is some warm nutmeg too which is lovely.

Initial Wet Application: Bitter cocoa powder, yay!

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): This is warm and seems familiar, but I can’t place it. I assume I’m noticing cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon. It’s reminiscent of coffee, but not in the yucky smell way, huzzah!

My Reaction: The throw in this is nice and it didn’t really morph from initial application to complete dry down. It’s warm and kind of musky, but in a good way! 

Rating: 3