Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Megalovania

Dead Leaves and Kettle Corn Hair Gloss

[No additional description provided.]

While I'm always impressed with the dead leaves accord, I'm often not into wearing it because it's so potent. The worry here is that it will still amp too powerfully in my hair.

On skin, for the sake of comparison: That great dead leaves scent and realistic popcorn! Doesn't smell like charred sugar the way real kettle corn does, which is a shame, but I appreciate how mildly sweet it is - I don't really like gourmands or overly sugary perfumes and this is hitting a good balance. A fun mix between atmospheric and foody! The DL sharpness calms down after a few minutes, for once.

In hair: Applied to dry hair. WOW, I liked this on my skin but it translates so freakin' well in my hair. It's pretty much the same smell either way but I appreciate it so much more floating around my head! I'll argue that it comes across a tiny bit sweeter and faintly reminiscent of peanuts. Sounds odd but it's delicious, like a light coating of peanut dust and sugar over popcorn on a crisp fall day. I'm specifically reminded of cacahuates garapiñados, if any of y'all know how good those are. YMMV on this peanut thing, it may simply be a scent association I have. A wonderfully weird (but not really!) and tasty combo. Currently debating with myself if I really need another bottle of HG on my bureau because damn do I want a bottle of this. 

OMG I smell real popcorn! They are slightly sugared! Here we only eat popcorn with butter and salt, so I have no comparison, but it smelles delicious!!

The dead leaves note is underneath and not dominant, it comes out after couple of minutes.

This is definitely bottle worthy!! 🤩

This is an amazing hair gloss! The dead leaves notes doesn't overpower the kettle corn or vice versa. Lasts for a good bit too, the dead leaves note is the first to fade with the kettle corn staying around longer.

If you adore carnival or circus themed scents like I do, try and get this if you can! I'm sure this will pair wonderfully with Mouse Circus, Midway, or even the Cranberries and Popcorn Winter 2020 perfume oil among others.

Butter! And caramel sweetness. Amazing.

Unfortunately the leaves make it smell a little plasticy and burnt on drydown. I'm sure this sample will find a good home elsewhere.

Why have I not reviewed this?! I got a bottle back in the day and sometimes just CRAVE it! It smells like the fall of my childhood...piles of leaves, smokey, crisp air, sweets, and salty popcorn. It's SO good! :yum: I'm almost out, so I hope we get something similar in 2021!!!:bow: