Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
doomsday_disco

Black Cherry Apricot Gløgg and Sweet Incense

Both celebratory and cozy, this is the scent of a warm mug of muscatel, dry red wine, brandy, akvavit, and bitters steeped with orange peel, cloves, fresh ginger, cinnamon, sugar, star anise, dried apricot, Luxardo Maraschino cherries, and cardamom embraced by a thick shawl of myrrh and red benzoin.

This scent was an exclusive in the Sihaya and Company The Art of Hygge winter box, which I received yesterday! :) I believe there were only 50 bottles of this made.

I am not familiar with some of the booze notes in here, so if I don't mention them, that's why! I tend to amp wine and spices, so that's another thing to keep in mind as well. The oil in my bottle is cloudy, and I noticed that something in it separated, so this one should be rolled before application.

In the bottle, the cherry leaps out at me, along with the red wine, apricot, orange peel, and spices, with the resins in the background. Even though this is a mulled wine scent, the spices are rather subdued.

On my skin, I get the cherry as soon as this is applied, followed by apricot, wine, and BOOZE. Whoa, that is some booze. Then I get the orange peel, and after that, the clove, ginger, and cinnamon begin to emerge. The orange peel in this smells incredibly realistic, and I feel like this smells more like a true mulled wine than the Glühwein perfume oil, which is too honeyed to remind me of the actual thing. I can tell there is some sugar at play here, and the resins just add more warmth in the background. This scent is STRONG and has lots of throw on me. The spices aren't overwhelming (they are stronger during the wet phase of the scent, but calm down), the cherry hasn't turned to cough syrup, and the anise (which I do pick up on after a while) hasn't turned turned this into licoriceville.

I have never tried any Black Cherry Apricot Gløgg, but I imagine that this is what it would smell like! This is mostly a mulled wine scent that's heavy on the black cherry. (Not for those averse to cherry!) This is far stronger on the gløgg than the sweet incense, and I am not sure I would have picked it out if I didn't know to go looking for it.

I am happy to have this, but I am going to have to avoid my slathering tendencies with this one just because it's so strong. :P

Doomsday_disco shared a little Black Cherry Apricot Glogg with me (:heart::biggrin::heart:) and while I like it, I didn't fall madly in love with it, which is certainly a good thing for my bank account.  It is more fruity than spicy on me; In particular, I was hoping for *more* anise.  I get quite a bit of booze, but on my skin even the driest red wine tends towards grape juice, so it's like grape-cherry-apricot brandy.  Imagine layering Grand Guignol with Suck It and Gluhwein (which I only know in hair gloss form).  The myrrh and benzoin are pretty subtle on me, though that may change with some aging.  I don't get the crazy throw d_d describes, but I wouldn't expect to with my skin chemistry.  I'm thrilled I got to try this, but I don't need to seek out more.  

This one smells very similarly to Black Currant Glogg except substitute the currant for cherry, and you get the dark fruit booze with a whiff of incense and spices. I don't get a ton of throw or wear length from from. In fact, about 2 hours later its almost gone. Medium throw, low wear length.

I, like Lucchesa, get more fruit than spice from Black Cherry Apricot Glogg, both cherry and apricot and some of the orange peeel are apparent on my skin. There’s a hint of spice, a bit of myrrh, yet surprisingly I’m missing booze on my skin. I must have absorbed it all ;)  lol 

In my hair, on the other hand, it’s fruity booze city! 

I’m making myself oatmeal and really wishing this scent was a topping instead of perfume....

Glad to have tried it, and might use up my decant, but no need to search for more. (Phew!)

As soon as I open the imp cherry just starts wafting out. A lot of these notes sound wonderful but cherry isn't my thing and it's all cherry before it even gets near my skin. Luckily the apricot really kicks into gear and balances with the cherry on wet. There is hit of booze and spice behind it and it smells like a Christmas market. I am actually quite pleasantly surprised by this as it becomes a nice mulled wine scent and I get just a hint of what seems like cherry brandy and it doesn't take over. 

Celebratory and cozy is so apt for this. It's such a happy holiday scent. Mulled wine in a warm room full of party people. This is closer what I was expecting Gluhwein to smell like. The spices are what standout the most to me. I must amp those over the booze. I agree about the short wear time. I think I got about 4 hours from this. It's still a very happy 4 hours, so I think it's worth hanging onto this decants for the holidays. I would love a candle that smelled like this.