Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Moonglow Bath Oil

Honey biscuits in warm cream.

Biscuits in creamy honey. I don't really get cream - but there is a creaminess. Both the honey and biscuits are more present. Very foodie. Good throw.

Unbelievable. Uncanny. SO GOOD. Moonglow is an olfactory journey that takes me back to toddlerhood, before the Skeeter’s Big Biscuit restaurant in my hometown shut down. While the rest of my family dug into grits, gravy, and cheesy scrambled eggs, I ate biscuit after biscuit but only after completely smothering them with honey. And oh, their honey; it was thick like jam, the color of root beer, and it managed to stick to everything nearby and that tacky feeling haunted your face and fingers for days. Moonglow smells just like those hot, flaky breakfast biscuits and dark creamy honey. Beth, Labbies, HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?

Agree with above. Moonglow bath oil is absolutely honey biscuits with cream. Strong on the honey, with the carb and dairy trailing, but totally delectable. If I sniffed this scent description unseen, I might say it's honey with a shadow of something that makes my mouth water, but I'm not sure I'd call out biscuits and cream. Those notes are very subtle on me, although present. If you like honey and foodie scents, this is a lovely, simple one. 

Overly sweet, slightly nutty, and way too much for me.  Sickly, not edible at all, and probably a trip to the dentist.  I like some foody blends, but this is way over the top sweet.

not sure why i decided to try this one, as i tend to dislike foody scents...maybe i was hoping it was honey and cream and that the biscuits were subtle, i'm not sure. 😅 the honey in this is like real honey...not the idea of honey but actual honey. i prefer 'the idea of' and stuff leaning more towards beeswax...perfumey honey, than the actual thing, but i commend bpal for doing this anyhow. even stranger, this is foody but on some level i'm liking it. it's very comforting, makes me think of shortbread with clotted cream and honey. 

I was originally going to blind bottle this one when it was live, but then other releases happened with scents that called to me more.

Note: I am reviewing this by testing it on my arm. I did not try this in the bath.

Moonglow is mostly about the honey. It's more like HONEY biscuits. It starts off as honey backed by some cream on me with just a hint of buttery cookie, and it remains that way for a few hours. The biscuit note does gain strength over time, and it reminds me of the pastry note in The Knave of Hearts.

I wish I had gotten less honey from this and that the biscuit note didn't take so long to assert its presence. I am glad I got to try it, though!