Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I have been blithe with comrades dear; I have been merry drinking;
I have been joyful gathering gear; I have been happy thinking;
But all the pleasures ever I saw, though three times doubled fairly,
That happy night was worth them all, among the rigs of barley.

The perfume of a harvest celebration - of bonfire smoke, grains and hay, acorns and oak bark, pumpkins and apples, and thin strands of incense buffeted by autumn wind.

This, along with Scarecrow Turned Philosopher is like autumn evenings in a bottle. Crisp wind, bonfire smoke, apples and whiffs of pumpkin and grains and hay. Just lovely. Good throw and wear length.

Let me just drop this here: Autumn minus cinnamon. 

😳

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I wish I had picked this up when I had the chance, as I have been thinking about it ever since. It is a really nice autumn scent, and it didn’t amp spice at all. And, I am not fond of apple... this was so light on the apple. Just.... good. I smelled acorns, hay, and something sweet but it’s not Gourmand at all.

Amidst all the many fall scents, this is a really excellent and unique one. It does indeed remind me of visiting a mountain farm in late October, the smell of corn and sunflowers and hay on clean brisk air, and a market full of gourds and fruits. There's a sweetness that reminds me of maple leaves but not maple syrup, and the memory of apples and pumpkins without anything specifically screaming APPLE! PUMPKIN! So many delicious parts of fall harvest, with no single note taking over.

I wouldn't have guessed there was either bonfire smoke or incense in here, but I think it runs underneath the top notes to give this a rich, deep autumnal glory. Don't be worried about the smoke if it has done you dirty in the past. It is a very friendly fire. 

This does indeed remind me of Scarecrow Turned Philosopher, so if you can't find Corn Riggs, that's a good backup. But wow, this one would have made a great Weenie! I will happily hold onto my bottle and wear it often in the fall.

Update for 2022: this is aging towards the smoke, and specifically smells to me like a combination between the bourbon apple note from Prairie Witch/Bourbon Apple HG and...stale cigarette smoke? It's interesting that I find this still very appealing, since I usually don't like cigarette smells. Anyways, just know that the smoke is a little sus these days but not headache-style-smoke. 

Edited by starbrow

Smoke and hay, sweet but faint pumpkins and apples, and some incense. Even though it's got pumpkins and apples, it's definitely not foodie to my nose. It's heavier on the hay, smoke, and incense to me. There's a little bit of wood here too from the oak, but it stays in the background on me along with the food notes. I'm not a big fan of smoke blends, but this is done so well that I think even people who usually don't like smoke blends may be interested in this. 

It's really lovely, but on me the wear isn't as long as I'd like along with the throw. :(

I was a bit hesitant about this one because my skin can do really terrible things with smoke notes, but this one plays nice. I don't really get much smoke and only a hint of incense. It reminds me a bit of Pinched w/ 4 Pumpkins, since they're both dark, smooth pumpkin scents (without any spice!). When first applied the apple stands out, but the notes are really well blended together and it's difficult for me to pick apart once it's dry.

This one is definitely a non-spicy autumnal gourmand. Golden, buttery pumpkin and apple notes are prominent, but they're backed with sweet nutty notes instead of spices. I never quite pick up on the smoke or incense -- this is mostly warm, sweet, and nutty on me. Not unlike Songs of Autumn IV.